I,am An Artist Wot U Reckon

pete3867

Thanks for that Pete, Simplify, encapsulate. Nice. I'll have a think on it, see what I come up with. So I guess you have a smoke and paint also? How do you find stoned painting man? Do you produce better work or ideas cained, hehe?

Nice info that delta, thanks man, I'll check that technique out mate. :unsure:

if your going to try it out you have to let the underpainting become totally dry, this way you can wipe off the subsequent glazes if they go down wrong. also you have to use thin glazes and build the colour up, letting the glazes dry before putting new ones on top. when you get to the last glaze you can add a little pure white into the areas for highlights. at least thats my interpretation of how to do it as im self taught and am still muddling my way along.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete3867

• Blayz'd

• Hir

• delta-green

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work mate lol. I used to draw years ago but I`ve not picked up a pencil for about 6 years and I`ve never touched paint,although one day I`d love to try oil painting. I used to watch some program on tv,some white dude with an afro,can`t remember the name of the program but he made it all look so easy.

The thing with me though is I was more of a copier,I had to have a subject or a picture to work from,I can`t draw from imagination.

Here`s a few pics from my school days (hope you don`t mind me posting them),the first two are from 1993 when I was 14,the last from 1997. These are a bit crap really but all I have to show as all my drawings since have been given away,portraits etc and sorry about the quality,I laminated them last year as they were just getting more and more smudged.

post-13730-1179075745_thumb.jpgpost-13730-1179075773_thumb.jpgpost-13730-1179075783_thumb.jpg

I might just try again soon,I keep meaning to draw my son,but once I pick up a pencil it doesn`t go down til the pic is finished and the hours go by like minutes!

Burnage B)

Nice work mate :wink:. I used to draw years ago but I`ve not picked up a pencil for about 6 years and I`ve never touched paint,although one day I`d love to try oil painting. I used to watch some program on tv,some white dude with an afro,can`t remember the name of the program but he made it all look so easy.

The thing with me though is I was more of a copier,I had to have a subject or a picture to work from,I can`t draw from imagination.

Here`s a few pics from my school days (hope you don`t mind me posting them),the first two are from 1993 when I was 14,the last from 1997. These are a bit crap really but all I have to show as all my drawings since have been given away,portraits etc and sorry about the quality,I laminated them last year as they were just getting more and more smudged.

post-13730-1179075745_thumb.jpgpost-13730-1179075773_thumb.jpgpost-13730-1179075783_thumb.jpg

I might just try again soon,I keep meaning to draw my son,but once I pick up a pencil it doesn`t go down til the pic is finished and the hours go by like minutes!

Burnage B)

nice work burnage, you should do more.

the third drawing, thats not ginger spice is it? you a fan of the spice girls? for shame.

Nice work mate :yinyang:. I used to draw years ago but I`ve not picked up a pencil for about 6 years and I`ve never touched paint,although one day I`d love to try oil painting. I used to watch some program on tv,some white dude with an afro,can`t remember the name of the program but he made it all look so easy.

Burnage B)

yeah man you should keep it up you definitely have talent, I cannot draw any better than you but I kept it up and just "found" it in the end ,(mind you I,m 39 now and for all my 20,s I just tinkered with it really , I,ve only had me head together enough after 34 ish ) half the battle is confidence , 4 years ago if someone would have said to me ,oh your work is shit ,I would have thought oh well maybe they,re right , but now cos I,ve been at uni it,s a different story ,, and there ain,t nothin wrong with copying , even leo da vinci used to copy

Edited by pete3867

a couple more part of my course work,, hmm I,am much more handsome in the flesh

post-22773-1179121132_thumb.jpg

Edited by pete3867

yeah, that last one reminds me of some of emil noldes works, only yours has better colouration.

Thanks for the advice Delta, I've copied that to my art folder. I'll try it soon, see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nice work Burnage, good to see people here appreciate art.

Pete, I'm guessing that story is about kids of war, current grief happening maybe?

What's the last one all about? Is that a war one too. The helmets and cap give the impression that they're soldiers. I also like the last one, it has character.

I was gonna start something yesterday in oils, out of white though, guess that's why I've been using acrylics, I'll get some white soon and go mad on a canvas. I'll post it up when I'm done.

haha, I usually come up with better stuff when I'm wasted too. Know what you mean about needing a straight head though, I have to be like that for my work.

Good stuff, keep em coming. :)

wow I likes it ere (head swells ) emil noldes I,ll google that

yeah I like that ... this is going in my course work , I,d never heard of him before but wow yes ,,,,,great stuff

Edited by pete3867

Thanks for the advice Delta, I've copied that to my art folder. I'll try it soon, see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nice work Burnage, good to see people here appreciate art.

Pete, I'm guessing that story is about kids of war, current grief happening maybe?

What's the last one all about? Is that a war one too. The helmets and cap give the impression that they're soldiers. I also like the last one, it has character.

I was gonna start something yesterday in oils, out of white though, guess that's why I've been using acrylics, I'll get some white soon and go mad on a canvas. I'll post it up when I'm done.

haha, I usually come up with better stuff when I'm wasted too. Know what you mean about needing a straight head though, I have to be like that for my work.

Good stuff, keep em coming. :yinyang:

thanks Blayd 'z ,and yes it is about a current conflict ,,,and about the white ,,put it on last,, trust me start with a monochrome underpainting and take it from there

post-22773-1179153277_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ver nice Pete , well funny as it may sound i cudnt draw a strate line, but i own a tat2 and piercing studio just innit for the money, :wassnnme: , and ive seen some amazing tat2 artists who are orginally artists b4 tat2s, well at the moment ive a dutch and south african artists and there amazing but to be very honest the best ive seen have been from , poland ,czech rep,and lithuania,atb,,,,,oss.