I,am An Artist Wot U Reckon

pete3867

yes mate ,they are both oil on canvas , I,am experimenting with acryllics at the mo

i love using oils, they just seem to be right in evey way, even the smell gets me going. having not seen it, im guessing that carravagios original was a grissaile, but it looks like you painted yours in a more direct way. however you did it, i think its well painted. do you do abstracts or surreal paintings?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pete3867

• Blayz'd

• Hir

• delta-green

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like oils. They were the first I ever painted with. Used to watch Bob Ross when I was a kid. He made it look fun. I love the way they blend. I paint with all different types of paint from oil to spray. I love art. I'm doing an acrylic at the moment. A mountain turned into a bear, well, it looks like a lion x bear. Looks like he's running from behind the mountain and he's the size of a mountain too. Gave me an idea cos theres a lake and im gonna do ripples in the water so it gives the impression the bears moving or running. I like it when a mountain turns into an animal, crazy things happen when you paint with no reference.

You got detail, anatomy, shading, colour, depth, expression, and probably other things I don't even know the name of down. How good are you with the genius part though, imagination?

I paint stuff for fun, I understand that everything is art, every frame that every person sees with their eyes is art. So I just go mad creating, I'm nowhere near as good as that but I wish I was and I hope I am before I die. I get some mad ideas for scenes, scenery, stories in the picture etc, but my skill isn't good enough to put it on canvas. Your skill is. You could paint the things I see. Do you see images and have good ideas?

that is a difficult one to answer , I suppose it boils down to what kind of art a person likes , but I am in my artistic infancy , if you looked at my sketches then yes they are very imaginative , but that dosen,t allways transcribe to the finished stage very well ,and earning a living has to be taken into consideration , but yeah I have a great imagination . the thing I,am best at in my own opinion is fast expressive art , the teachers at uni love that sort of stuff too , but you are correct a great artist must push his \ her vision

what sort of stuff do you paint ?

Edited by pete3867

I think the word you were looking for is painter. I, am An Painter Wot U Reckon.

(INSULT REMOVED)

Art doesn't have to just be revolutionary or crucial to be art.

I'm a painter and my paintings are just paintings although I have another artist who tells me different but she is biased, and she is an artist although untaught, crude and naive.

Edited by Church

I like oils. They were the first I ever painted with. Used to watch Bob Ross when I was a kid. He made it look fun. I love the way they blend. I paint with all different types of paint from oil to spray. I love art. I'm doing an acrylic at the moment. A mountain turned into a bear, well, it looks like a lion x bear. Looks like he's running from behind the mountain and he's the size of a mountain too. Gave me an idea cos theres a lake and im gonna do ripples in the water so it gives the impression the bears moving or running. I like it when a mountain turns into an animal, crazy things happen when you paint with no reference.

yeah crazy things do happen when painting with no refrence, your imagination fills in the gaps , and this can be very exiting , whats the spray like ? been thinkin of getting a compressor and stuff myself

I think the word you were looking for is painter. I, am An Painter Wot U Reckon.

go feck yurself

twat

Art doesn't have to just be revolutionary or crucial to be art.

I'm a painter and my paintings are just paintings although I have another artist who tells me different but she is biased, and she is an artist although untaught, crude and naive.

thats right mate at the end of the day it's what you like that counts ,take a childs painting it may not have any value , but to the parents of the kid it's priceless

i don,t like much of the modern art but some folks love it

Edited by pete3867

Yeah, I don't do any one type really mate. I mess around and learn all of it, seem to have a passion for anything relating to drawing and painting. Jack of all trades fashion.

Spray is amazing. Can't find my airbrush, think I put it in the attic, it's an old one, was given to me. Love that. Haven't sprayed with the airbrush for a few years, I tend to just buy a load of MDF, put it in the garden and use spray cans in the summer months, when it's nice outside. Totally differnt to brush. It's a whole new thing to learn. Your arm, wrist and whole body do the painting instead of just your arm to the shoulder, takes practice to learn. Looks easy but it's quite tough to do well. You can get some good effects going on with spray too. I have plenty of respect for graffiti, some people give it a bad name but that requires dedication and skill. Airbrush is smoother and easier to control properly. I like cans better because you have less control over them.

this is out of my head ,pan's laberynth ,,unfinished

post-22773-1178984855_thumb.jpg

Edited by pete3867