Seed Cold Storage

Leprechan Sweet Leaf

Hi all.

I have some seeds gathered and ready for use. I have been storing them in a empty plastic takeaway container.

I have just recieved some special seeds that I want to preserve for a while. Can I just lash the plastic container into the fridge and they will be ok?

:smoke:

Ello..

I,ve got some beans wrapeed in a bit of kitchen towel and then put in a small sealable baggy and then in the fridge :doh: They,ve been in there a couple of years and i,ve never had germ problems :smoke:

Thanks all.

I will try to get some dessicant in there with em before chilling those seeds. :wassnnme:

I remember the Royal horticultutal shop used to sell a seed savers kit. It was like a container with a load of internal containers (like old cam film boxes.. mmm I will see what I can blag or make up.

lsl

Any air tight container will do, short term a small bag of rice heated on low in the oven will do as a dessicant.

The things I use may be seed stores, they were given me by my daughter years and years ago, look at the pics.

Out of curiosity OT1, would use advise for or against using a silica gel when curing herb?

I use a big sack of it in the bottom of a big jar for speeding up a smoke sometimes but not as a rule.

:spliff: