Product Evaluation.

oldtimer1

I'm chopping right now, I'll report back in about 3 or 4 weeks when its dry, see how much each produced and most important of all had time to smoke test them.

None of the fertilisers have caused any problems, all are very healthy, loaded with trichomes and look to have done well, at this point it looks like Biobizz may still just have it on yield, but you can’t tell until its totally dry.

I'm chopping right now, I'll report back in about 3 or 4 weeks when its dry, see how much each produced and most important of all had time to smoke test them.

None of the fertilisers have caused any problems, all are very healthy, loaded with trichomes and look to have done well, at this point it looks like Biobizz may still just have it on yield, but you can’t tell until its totally dry.

thanks ot will keep i wee eye out for the info.

jaffaman

• 1 month later...

Ok some results on the fertilisers, The reason for the trial was to see how two new organic fertilisers compared to the old standard BioBizz grow and bloom.

As a reminder there were 36 plants total all grown in Westlands hanging basket + JI all under one light using identical clones, they were divided into 3 lots of 12 plants the BioBizz fed as always and the two new fertilisers fed to the levels recommended by the maker.

First yield:-
The biggest yielder was BioBizz so taking that as 100% how did the B.A.C and Bio Sevia do:-

The 12 B.A.C plants only produced 55.9% of the weight of the BioBizz plants, I think the flowering npk ratio is not good.

The 12 Bio Sevia plants produced 95.7% of the weight of the BB pants so pretty close as far as yield.

General comments on the product from my observations, the B.A.C produced the densest most crystaly bud, the scent a little more fruity than normal, the BioBizz buds were just as they always are and the density close behind the B.A.C buds, The Bio Sevia buds were definitely a little more airy than normal and slightly lighter in colour, the aroma was much more complex than normal with flowery and fruity overtones, that sort of stimulated you and made you want to smoke it.

Smoke report:- blind 1,2,3 samples were given out.
Not every one has reported back on this yet but, some preliminary results, so far the Bio Sevia was the favourite for smell, taste and smoothest smoke the B.A.C came second and the BioBizz came bottom, one tester even said they thought the BioBizz bud had a slight chemical twang. 3 smokers did not notice any difference between the samples smell or taste wise, [interestingly 2 smoke with tobacco]! Strength wise, 3 thought the B.A.C stronger, 3 the Bio Sevia and 2 the BioBizz. The most liked overall was the Bio Sevia bud.

As a final comment if you use a very fine rose Bio Sevia bloom had a sediment that kept blocking the rose, it makes it a pain in the arse to use, I ended up changing to a coarser rose.

As a comment on the mini Grostar, factoring out the fertilisers used, the central room yields were pretty much on parr with normal, but I always find the yields on the periphery and especially the corners are down on the centre. The Miro mini I was given to test, increased the yield of the periphery and corner plants against those produced by a Pro Ultralite by just over 10%.

I think the reason the Grostar works so well is the Miro its made from working with its form to distribute the light, that requires the high mirror like reflectivity of Miro. I have looked at the dimpled mini grostar, personally I don’t think they could get near what the miro model does.

So my personal advise is, if you want a mini Grostar go for a Miro model, so be it if it costs more, its the best shade I’ve tested to date.

Guest Blabblabberbab

Hi OT - most interesting as ever :pugwash:

Smell/taste is very important to me, did you find the difference between BB/Bio sevia pronounced enough to turn you from the trust worthy BB brand, or would you be inclined to stick to the 'if it ain't broke....' mentality?

B ;)

Hi OT.

So what are your thoughts so far?

Are you thinkin on changing nutes, and are you gona start using the new reflectors?

Or are you happy with the way you are grwoing already.

Philly.

Hi OT - most interesting as ever lol

Smell/taste is very important to me, did you find the difference between BB/Bio sevia pronounced enough to turn you from the trust worthy BB brand, or would you be inclined to stick to the 'if it ain't broke....' mentality?

B :unsure:

B, Enough to shell out some hard earned and buy 5 litres of bloom to test it more fully. All of the fertilisers produced a good smoke that absolutely no one would turn their nose up at, we are mostly talking about connoisseur puffers who smoke neat here, talk about fussy :smoke:. I have to say I was surprised that there were noticeable differences.

Try a small bottle and see what you think, personally I think its a viable alternative to BioBizz, only you know what you like at the end of the day, you can’t just take my word..

Pros; I like the npk ratio of the Bio Sevia bloom, the plants liked it as well, its the first organic bloom fertiliser that I think needs nothing else during flowering. Cons; I don’t like the sediment.

I have enough of the B.A.C. left to play a little more as well, the plants were very healthy to the end but just did not flower like they should! I’ll see if I can fine tune things a little rather than than follow their recommendations.

Hi OT.

So what are your thoughts so far?

Are you thinkin on changing nutes, and are you gona start using the new reflectors?

Or are you happy with the way you are grwoing already.

Philly.

Philly I am useing the new mini grostar in the current compost trial, as for nutrients see my post above to blab.

Interesting stuff mate - looking forward to giving the Bio Sevia a whirl, sometime in the future.

the interesting thing with BioSevia is it can be used for hydro too with a mineral additive

would like to see how it does in hydro

Edited by FD

Nice findings ot :guitar:

I may have to give the bio sevia a blast then B) As you say, diff tastes for diff peeps ;)

Guest Blabblabberbab

Cheers OT :unsure:

I have no probs with BB nutes atm, but it's good to know there is a viable alternative to fall back on :spliff: - it'll be good to hear your thoughts after more testing

B :yinyang: