UK: Police helicopter seeks out cannabis factories

Joolz

maybe extracting into the chimney breast is the way forward, if its not to late for me already.

theres no way a grow can get as warm as an open coal fire.

They can use the IR cameras in daylight, but they are less effective, especially if it's a warm day. I'd reroute your venting into the chimney asap, 5 x 600 W is quite a lot of heat. You'd be much safer going for smaller grows more often.

Edited by squirrel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• asbo420

• elduderino

• chaosmonger

• T1

doesn't anyone duct the air back down into the house? if it's filtered beforehand, granny isn't gonna whiff the cheese while using your bog. bathrooms are notoriously hot and humid places especially when there are kids bathing every night :smoke:

Guest Not A Number

Its not as easy as it would appear chaosmonger. For instance pumping high humidity air into your cavity walls is pretty much guaranteed to cause problems.

You need to filter (way better than the average carbon filter) and dry the air. It can be done - and is with whole house air recirculation systems. These are common on the continent but non-existant in the UK. The idea is that you recirculate the air in winter and vent in summer. The systems aren't meant for our hobby but they do the job nicely.

Edited by Not A Number

Guest Not A Number

good to get a view on "adf" , i am kinda convinced by its claims.

as you say however,, smart metering !

bloody hell!

ADF is snake oil really mate. It does what it claims (strictly speaking) but is in reality totally useless in practical terms.

Smart metering will stop all of us personal growers stone dead IMHO. Unless you are prepared to steal the electricity I see no way around it.

ADF is snake oil really mate. It does what it claims (strictly speaking) but is in reality totally useless in practical terms.

Smart metering will stop all of us personal growers stone dead IMHO. Unless you are prepared to steal the electricity I see no way around it.

Not at all mate!! theres other honest ways around it!!

You could get an indoor generator, and run your light off that, but still use the mains to power fans and such like.

Or you could also get an outdoor generator, put it out in the garage or shed and run a power lead into the house and up to the grow area.

however I run a 400w hps, 125mm ruck, 1 oscil fan and 4 pc fans on 2 12v adaptors. I'm pretty sure thats less power than some electric fan heaters!!

T1

Guest Not A Number

T1Neo - look at the cost of generators designed to run constantly. You can't run the £500 jobs every day - they'll be dead in 6 months. This subject (generators) has been researched to death back in OG days. It simply can't be done economically for a personal grow. Then there's noise, fumes, storing fuel illegally (you're not allowed to store loads of petrol without proper storage facilities).

Its a total non-starter mate :oldtoker:

Edit - and the point is not how much power you use but the pattern that your usage follows. You don't run a fan heater for 12 hours (or 20).

Edited by Not A Number

Not at all mate!! theres other honest ways around it!!

You could get an indoor generator, and run your light off that, but still use the mains to power fans and such like.

Or you could also get an outdoor generator, put it out in the garage or shed and run a power lead into the house and up to the grow area.

however I run a 400w hps, 125mm ruck, 1 oscil fan and 4 pc fans on 2 12v adaptors. I'm pretty sure thats less power than some electric fan heaters!!

T1

They Wouldn't Need Heat Seeker If You Had Generators Going!

They Would Be Able To Hear You A Mile Away! (-_-)

Plus, the best gennies that *are* designed to be run all the time tend to be the low RPM diesel ones, not the high-RPM petrol ones that if you tried to run any high-juice appliances off, they just spin up really fast, and then choke off. Oh, and wear out double quick.

Not A Number... now theres an idea for the grower looking to save money & the cut down on there carbon footprint aswell, vent the heat from the grow into the rest of the house, now... i wonder could i get a grant from the council for that.. hmmm :guitar:

someone told me about this *new* mylar thats does'nt give off a heat sig, or very little atleast, can anyone confirm this or is it bollox,

ye could built a grow box and cover it with this stuff, or that stuff used to keep your attic cool in the summer and warm in the winter mentioned earlier, and could vent into the watertank? the air-blowing across the top of the water would cool it down, would'nt it?

its only in the winter we need to be carfeull right? cause in summer the roof tops must glow white with the heat?

what about these LED's, i know there not up to scratch yet but maybe in the sometimes soon, there'd be fuck-all heat sig from them, plus very little leccy use,

Edited by cj001

led's will foil the heat seekin police. led=not much heat, police stumbling around raiding grannies ans single mothers :D