Bottom Leaves Turning Yellow

vyral

here is my last remaining plant because all the others turned out to be male..

and the bottom leaves are turning yellow

post-17130-1162444445_thumb.jpg

and the upper leaves have yellow tips

post-17130-1162444502_thumb.jpg

just transplanted 3 days ago but they were yellow before have used little nutes so far

"dirt" from home depot ?

They're short of nitrogen, but whatever you've done to correct that is too much, too late.

but I hesitate to recommend feeding until we have more info. Maybe a bigger photo of the whole plant, and idea of how long it's been growing, how many times you've repotted etc .... and the nutes and how much.

"organic", like "hydro" always makes my ears prick up when it's a newbie.

I've been growing the easy way for 12 years now....

Edited by compostverte

this is its second pot.

i changed the soil when i repotted though

the plant is about 8 wks under flourescent

last time i used nutes was around 2 wks ago

"dirt" from home depot ?

They're short of nitrogen, but whatever you've done to correct that is too much, too late.

but I hesitate to recommend feeding until we have more info. Maybe a bigger photo of the whole plant, and idea of how long it's been growing, how many times you've repotted etc .... and the nutes and how much.

"organic", like "hydro" always makes my ears prick up when it's a newbie.

I've been growing the easy way for 12 years now....

very good answer compostverte,

id say there just alittle hungry but far from bad or in need of urgent feeding, as said without knowing the medium, size of plant/age, nute organic/not and lighting its hard to sayexactly what is causing the yellowing.

if your feeding a hydro type nute increase dont decrease feeding.

make sure pots arnt too wet and check for root bound pots

going by the blury pic i can see soil in it looks like coco if it is coco yellowing is so common if feeding stops for a while or gets too low.

Edited by SnAp CrAcKLe pOp

If you've repotted them recently, which you say that you have, they'll have plenty of nutrients in the new compost to eat. Feeding them any more will definately cause symptoms of nute-burn, which I think that your plant are showing, too.

You don't need to feed your plants for a few week after you've repotted them, usually - and only feed your plants then, if they are showing you that they need it. :spliff:

Edit: It looks mainly like a severe N deficiency to me, which should be corrected by the new compost.

Edited by Scribb|e

A lot of people do well with just 'Multi Purpose Compost' from the supermarket. It's cheap, too. See if you find some of that, and try it. :smoke:

Check out some Gardening forums (not cannabis specific).

Isn't "Peters" the serious horticulturalists' brand in the US ?

Guest scarfaceshady

what are some good types of soil for planting, cause i have tried a bunch and had little success :smoke:

i use moss peat and perlite 70/30 ratio which has absolutly no nutrients in whatsoever to begin with as i like to start fresh so i know what ive fed them right from day 1, and also i get a really nice textured and really fluffy and airated grow medium and i am not likely to stop using it unless i ever go hydro as it seems to be best for the strains i grow

anyway hope you get the right stuff for yours mate

scarface

yeah the soil im using is soil w/ compost and perlite and a few other things and it seems to do well but just seems to dry

but thanks for the help, im gonna check out some soils

Guest Lazlo Woodbine

If you have just repotted I definitely wouldn't give any more nutes ... Looks like the tips of all the leaves are brown .... could well be too much already ... :smoke:

Laz

When you say 'soil' - you don't mean actual soil from outside, do you? I presume that you're reffering to purely compost? :unsure:

no no... no soil from outside but compost