Westland Multi-purpose Compost With Added Ji

b_boy1980

• 2 weeks later...

I've picked up a bag of this stuff, but the peat-free version. Seems very twiggy and loose to me, does anyone agree with that?

not sure I'd use the word... twiggy

clumpy's more like it :smoke:

edited: crappy keyboard

oh & I did add about 10% pearlite to mine to aid drainage & break the stuff up :wink:

Edited by dikki

guys when you sey westlands mp with john innes does that mean thats its pre mixed or do i need to but a bag of each sorry if this is a silly question but this is all new to me

guys when you sey westlands mp with john innes does that mean thats its pre mixed or do i need to but a bag of each sorry if this is a silly question but this is all new to me

Yep rookie ;) it comes in one bag, premixed :smoke: It's sold in several size bags depending on your ambitions. Good luck mate you sould be ok with westlands I am just trying a batch now and all seems ok.

Om :yinyang:

Yep rookie :rofl: it comes in one bag, premixed :yinyang: It's sold in several size bags depending on your ambitions. Good luck mate you sould be ok with westlands I am just trying a batch now and all seems ok.

Om :headpain:

thankyou

I bought a 60l bag the other day - it seems it's changed from the older bag. Different colour blue for starters old bag was dark blue - new bag lighter blue, & there's a lot less perlite in it, plus a few lumps of white soft rooted wood.

It seems to be a lot less compacted though, so we'll see how it fairs to the older stuff.

Edited by Bish

I just bought a bag of the Westlands Organic stuff. Hmmmm

It looks much more course, with stick-bits in it too. Rather like something that came out of my garden compost heap.

I'm giving it a go though, just to see what happens. I've stuck one of them mad sats in it, something Auzzie or Thai (or a cross of both), I'll let you know in sixteen weeks if it goes well.... Sooner if not. :blub:

Guest Blabblabberbab

I've been using Westlands this grow for the first time - might have to cut it with extra perlite in future as it seems really hot to me :doh: - been a shit year for growing in the blab household mind, so it might just be my numptiness :blub:

I too have brought myself some Westlands Multi-purpose composot with added john innes the other day.

I also Felt as if it needed some extra perlite in the mix.

I decided to change from hydroponics to compost after growing hydro for 2 years from noticing how easy growing with compost can be....With similar yields too...

We'll seee.

Bless

I've just sprouted some seeds in it. It was a bit soggy compared to my usual B&Q plus perlite. Everything seems OK so far, but I think I will use my own recipe next time. For the rest of the grow I'm prepared to resist the temptation to dilute it.

Couple Pics of my Original Mother Cheese's laying still in thier westland multi-purpose compost with added john innes...

Seems to be going all well.

post-8157-1159705696_thumb.jpg