Westland Multi-purpose Compost With Added Ji

b_boy1980

Hi All,

I've been a hydro grower for about 2 years now but have just recently decided to scrap all that hydro hassle and grow simply.

From my reading, it seems that Westland Multi-Purpose Compost with added JI is one of the best composts to grow in (If wanting to grow in that kind of medium) and according to Oldtimer1, Westland Multi-Purpose Compost with added JI is "just about an ideal compost for growing cannabis, it needs nothing adding"

I'll be growing the legendary CHEESE for my next lot and so would it be sufficient to say that i could simply get my rooted cuttings, plant them in my 10lt pots and watch them grow?

Do i need to add any perlite or vermiculite?

I'll only be vegging or bout 1 to 2 weeks before flowering...

Can Oldtimer1's Biobizz feeding schedule be applied to my grow?

For all you Westland Multi-Purpose Compost with added JI growers out there.....how have you succeed in growing?

Thanks all.

• Like 1

i could simply get my rooted cuttings, plant them in my 10lt pots and watch them grow?

That's basically what I've just done, although the cutting was a bit ill for a week with edges of the leaves going brown. After this the cutting picked right up and is growing very fast, although there is a bit of leaf twist which I understand could be over ferting.

I've only added 20% Perlite for my seedlings, not for the cuttings.

So far I've had more success with Westland MP + JI than other mediums I've used, mine's the newer bag with "West+" on the side, some people on here have reported problems with this version.

edited to add I did the potting up Owderb mentioned below lol

Edited by binary
  • Like 1

No good just throwing a cutting into a 10ltr pot :D

You need to pot up in stages to achieve a healthy rootball :wink:

Put a small plant in a big pot and you could be asking for probs mainly to the roots staying too wet :badass:

Owd lol

No good just throwing a cutting into a 10ltr pot :unsure:

You need to pot up in stages to achieve a healthy rootball lol

Put a small plant in a big pot and you could be asking for probs mainly to the roots staying too wet :wink:

Owd lol

We just started our first grow using Westland Multi Purpose Compost with added JI which includes perlite. We germinated and planted one seedling in a 10 litre pot and it grew fast, high, and very spindly needing to be supported all the time. We have planted our other seedlings in much smaller pots so as to try and establish a healthier root system and hopefully grow sturdier plants. We would agree entirely with your advise on planting seedlings or cuttings straight into 10 litre pots. This is our first attempt at growing our own plants, so fingers crossed, and we're finding all the advice on this site very helpful.

I paid £13.50 for a big bag of All-Mix recently and i'm not that impressed! it Westlands for me from my next grow. £4.99 a bag - buy 2 get 1 free......ideal! From what i've read you can achieve great results with this stuff!!

Thanks for the advice.....

Me thinks i'll take the advice and pot in smaller pots first.

What about feeding?

What successes have peoples achieved?

I hear that the compost already has nutrients in it which however gets used up after a couple of weeks or so...

My cuttings and seedlings have been in since 27th July and they have had nothing but tap water, seems to be plenty of whatever the plants want without adding anything else. These plants are looking a lot better than my previous indoor attempts. ;):yinyang:

When they're in flowering I might add some sort of bloom nutrient, all depends how healthy the plant looks. ;)

What about yield?

Whats the average yield all you peeps have acheivedwhislt growing in compost?

Anybody grown the 'cheese' in Westland Multi-purpose Compost With Added Ji?

Just thought i'd post the reply i got from the creators of Westland Multi-purpose Compost With Added Ji concerning its chemical composition...

MPC is a blend of base-organic materials with little nutritive value and would not show up much in terms of fertiliser chemical analysis. These would be base organic componds. The background fertiliser and pH correcting limestone are added separately to the mix and would be registered mainly as nitrogen, phosphoros and potash (fertiliser) with calcium and magnesium (as dolomitic limestone). You would also find some trace elements within the mix derived from the source fertiliser materials.

Any comments?

What about yield?

Whats the average yield all you peeps have acheivedwhislt growing in compost?

Anybody grown the 'cheese' in Westland Multi-purpose Compost With Added Ji?

Westland Multi-Purpose Compost with added JI same as any good quality multicompost stuff you can get from all garden centre type places - its no science :wink: - :guitar:

I have nfi what yeild I got cos I dont have any scales.

But it was 4x 1l jars full from 3 plants grown in Westland MP with JI.

Using the same this time round as I wasnt dissapointed. I added some vermiculite and perlite in the 1st pot and the subsequent repot, but then just used compost after that.

I didnt feed them much in the 1st few weeks as the compost has plenty of nutrients in it to start with.

You might have to pick a few twigs out of the compost, but nothing silly. I always put mine thru a garden seive 1st to break it up a little and get some air into it..

A friend of mine is using Westlands MP with peat for his plant....He is concerned because the compost is holding water for longer and it's thrown his feeding times off :yinyang: ..After 3 days with out watering it still looks like the compost is still wet.

Has anyone else found this?...Should he go back to his original watering/feeding times or wait until the compost has dried out?

According to what i've read, the substance known and Vermiculite should be added to the compost in order to properly aerate the medium and thus avoid too much water retention in the compost...

Do a search.....Its known.

so wat exactly are yas saying here,i cant really understand can some one clairfy this thread for me please,westlands with john innis,does it need vercumilte added?? an if so how do ya measure it?an do ya get this in BQ?An does it need nuits l;ike top max an bio bloom, or smthing like tht,or nothing added at all for the whole flowering period :yinyang: sorry about this but dont want to ruin things b4 i even get started hoping to have everthing in by the weekend

so wat exactly are yas saying here,i cant really understand can some one clairfy this thread for me please,westlands with john innis,does it need vercumilte added?? an if so how do ya measure it?an do ya get this in BQ?

It doesn't need vermiculite.

An does it need nuits l;ike top max an bio bloom, or smthing like tht,or nothing added at all for the whole flowering period :yinyang: sorry about this but dont want to ruin things b4 i even get started hoping to have everthing in by the weekend

There will be enough nutrients in the compost to last a few weeks. Use nutes when the plant tells you it's getting hungry.