Is This That Gritty Shite thats going around???

Big - L

I reckon that this shit will be about for many more years to come,i know turning down this weed is a defonate must...

But what about the new generations of tokers and young teens who have just started toking,its these guys i feel sorry for

coz how can they tell whats clean and whats not-and if they dont know they will continue to buy this shit...DAMN SHAME

BRING ON MEDICAL CANNABIS DISPENSERIES :spliff:

This shite is STILL all over Ireland...

It's crazy, the good herb I get here at the moment is usually mail order, or some skunk/afghan because Im lucky enough to know of 2 guys who sell their friends homegrown. This is still very rare however, 3-4 ozs for sale every 6-7weeks is fuck all for a dealer to be selling.

I've told my friends about the sprayed weed, and even given my mail order contacts to them to try get them off the grit/gel/sand/whateverthefuck but they are still too lazy. The dealers have dropped the prices too, so its hard to compete.

7g of good clean weed is €100, 90 if your lucky. It's never cheaper than €320 an oz.

7g of sprayed weed can go for as little as 65 a quarter, and 200 an oz, so that's 120 euro the sprayers dont mind on losing out, the only conclusion I can come to is there must be more than 7g of shite added, otherwise they would make more money not doing it.

But alot of people see it as a great deal, no matter how stoned they get, or shit their tobacco filled joints burn!

I smoke pure, this shit just doesnt burn pure.

exactly man, ireland (north & south) is full of this grit weed and it seems to be the only thing u can get oz's in. ive a mate hu gets proper dam weed, but its £50 for 3g which is a complete ripoff. The kids these days don't care if ther smokin shit weed or fuckn soapbar, I tell all my m8s not 2 smoke soap because of the shite they put it in, but they are like it still gets u "high" and its cheaper. IDIOTS

It's crazy, the good herb I get here at the moment is usually mail order, or some skunk/afghan because Im lucky enough to know of 2 guys who sell their friends homegrown. This is still very rare however, 3-4 ozs for sale every 6-7weeks is fuck all for a dealer to be selling.

I've told my friends about the sprayed weed, and even given my mail order contacts to them to try get them off the grit/gel/sand/whateverthefuck but they are still too lazy. The dealers have dropped the prices too, so its hard to compete.

7g of good clean weed is €100, 90 if your lucky. It's never cheaper than €320 an oz.

7g of sprayed weed can go for as little as 65 a quarter, and 200 an oz, so that's 120 euro the sprayers dont mind on losing out, the only conclusion I can come to is there must be more than 7g of shite added, otherwise they would make more money not doing it.

But alot of people see it as a great deal, no matter how stoned they get, or shit their tobacco filled joints burn!

I smoke pure, this shit just doesnt burn pure.

exactly man, ireland (north & south) is full of this grit weed and it seems to be the only thing u can get oz's in. ive a mate hu gets proper dam weed, but its £50 for 3g which is a complete ripoff. The kids these days don't care if ther smokin shit weed or fuckn soapbar, I tell all my m8s not 2 smoke soap because of the shite they put it in, but they are like it still gets u "high" and its cheaper. IDIOTS

Can take a horse to water but can't make it drink :D

I used to see that dirty shit in Newcastle a couple of years back, but strangely only north of the river, Gateshead provided me with some tasty homegrown :D

Guest guerilla killer
Nw the weed in question :yinyang:

It smokes ok but judging by its looks youd think itd be killer smoke :smug:

The one on the left is homegrown that look nicely covered in THC (shame about the leaves) but the right picture is sprayed definitely, it's the new generation of 'grit weed' that doesn't feel gritty to the finger or mouth.... it tastes ok and doesn't sparkle too much but trust me- DO NOT SMOKE THIS ON A REGULAR BASIS - it is proven to cause diseases such as silicosis and cancer leading to DEATH. I'm not sure if this stuff is coming from a bunch of cunts in Holland or else where ..... cos it's definitely imported and has a unique recognisable smell. This stuff makes me feel buzzzzzzed in a bad way though - sort of sicky and sludgy - it fucking horrible man....

Growing your own is the safest and healthiest way :wink:

Smoke on my friend :stoned: much love

Looking around there's still no verdict on the internet anywhere re: oily ash... even likely substances which would leave an oily ash after being burned would be a start!

I'd love to know now - the silica thing is well known, and variations of that method (sand, sugar, wax, grit, concrete dust, sodium silicate etc) but none of those additives leave an ash which when left for a while turns damp and oily.

The only vid I can find which shows it here...

e2a: watch towards the end of the clip once the ash has cooled a little to see how slick and oily it becomes...

Edited by synack

I thought quite a bit of this dodgy shit was brought in from Holland at rock bottom prices, I don't think the dealers spray it on a big scale, its shipped in like that I thought, might be wrong like.

Edited by Lake Palmer

Looking around there's still no verdict on the internet anywhere re: oily ash... even likely substances which would leave an oily ash after being burned would be a start!

I'd love to know now - the silica thing is well known, and variations of that method (sand, sugar, wax, grit, concrete dust, sodium silicate etc) but none of those additives leave an ash which when left for a while turns damp and oily.

The only vid I can find which shows it here...

Nice to see lads who obviously give a shit enough to post that vid. Plus the fact they're saying grow your own. It is the way forward, I've just become self sufficient after a year at it proper stylee and I'll never look back. :rofl:

Edited by WeedIsFree

jus a quick thought is there n way of of do a bho extraction or sme other type of extraction on the d grit weed to extract the thc and leave all the contaminants in the leaf matter or would the contaminants just get mixed through in to the oil :rofl::P any 1 kno any more bout this

jus a quick thought is there n way of of do a bho extraction or sme other type of extraction on the d grit weed to extract the thc and leave all the contaminants in the leaf matter or would the contaminants just get mixed through in to the oil :rofl::P any 1 kno any more bout this

Not knowing what the contaminant is means that it could dissolve into the butane along with the thc (if there's any to start with). A "water cure" may be a better option, but ultimately pointless imo. Bin that shit

jus a quick thought is there n way of of do a bho extraction or sme other type of extraction on the d grit weed to extract the thc and leave all the contaminants in the leaf matter or would the contaminants just get mixed through in to the oil :unsure::beer: any 1 kno any more bout this

Not knowing what the contaminant is means that it could dissolve into the butane along with the thc (if there's any to start with). A "water cure" may be a better option, but ultimately pointless imo. Bin that shit

cheers bean its was jus a thought mate she is now in the bin

yes lads i got some of that nasty sprayed gung, and yes it did get me stoned then i learned the stuff they're spraying it with. If its sand your lucky other additives are glass, ground up vermiculite and asbestos. If you get this hand it straight back failing that throw it in the bin and cut your loses, its better than smoking yourself into an early grave. I hope this finds you smoking nice pure bud.

Screw the dealers grow your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, as many people do buy `street` weed, and I think it's important we keep an eye on this shit even if the DOH seems remarkably disinterested. It took them god knows how long to warn about glass (industrial etchant spray) weed, and the latest even more mysterious plague has not been mentioned at all. At least with glass you knew where you stood, sort of. This stuff seems to be EVERYWHERE, and on all kinds of bud. It's like it's being done on an industrial scale... Even people in the US reporting it, as well as other countries.

Picked up a bit today off a mate, who bear in mind has no connection with the last person I got a bit off.... the bud was from very different sources, diff strains, from different places. Looks lovely under mag loupe, clean, trich glands on stalks mostly... stems are clean and show no obvious signs of having been dipped or sprayed.

The bud isnt crunchy. It doesn't taste odd/sweet/salty. The high is pretty good, taste isn't really bad. Not tasty, but could just as easily be average tasting slightly unflushed bud....

The ash residue however, contains black pieces, which when left or rubbed / pressed between fingers turn oily. This is to the point where you can paint with it....

I would love to know exactly what (types of) substances are known to/likely to leave an oily ash when combusted. Black ash yes, but oily? Any chemists/scientists on here?

Edited by synack

I thought quite a bit of this dodgy shit was brought in from Holland at rock bottom prices, I don't think the dealers spray it on a big scale, its shipped in like that I thought, might be wrong like.

yeah youre right, most of it is contaminated in Holland....ive heard of people pickin up bars of this shit for 1700euro.decent money to be made if they are shifting it for 250/300 an oz so they dont care. Health doesnt come into the equation for these folk as long as its cheap yunno.

Just to update, as many people do buy `street` weed, and I think it's important we keep an eye on this shit even if the DOH seems remarkably disinterested. It took them god knows how long to warn about glass (industrial etchant spray) weed, and the latest even more mysterious plague has not been mentioned at all. At least with glass you knew where you stood, sort of. This stuff seems to be EVERYWHERE, and on all kinds of bud. It's like it's being done on an industrial scale... Even people in the US reporting it, as well as other countries.

Picked up a bit today off a mate, who bear in mind has no connection with the last person I got a bit off.... the bud was from very different sources, diff strains, from different places. Looks lovely under mag loupe, clean, trich glands on stalks mostly... stems are clean and show no obvious signs of having been dipped or sprayed.

The bud isnt crunchy. It doesn't taste odd/sweet/salty. The high is pretty good, taste isn't really bad. Not tasty, but could just as easily be average tasting slightly unflushed bud....

The ash residue however, contains black pieces, which when left or rubbed / pressed between fingers turn oily. This is to the point where you can paint with it....

I would love to know exactly what (types of) substances are known to/likely to leave an oily ash when combusted. Black ash yes, but oily? Any chemists/scientists on here?

Bump..

That is a very good question, I would like this answered too, as I've now walked the fecker inot the lounge and fecked the carpets up.. where's that vanish, quick the missus..

More worse on lungs too.??

MW