Fertile Fibre + Fungi Vs Biobizz Light Mix + Fungi

Om

Looking good tho Om. ;)

Nice one Bu :sweaty: good to hear.

The FF's have now caught up and are looking good now mate ;)

Here is a piccie 10 days after repotting currently 13" high on average and theres not a lot between the now.

Om :smoke:

post-6527-1130002038.jpg

Edited by Om

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Om

• Bu

• Arnold Layne

• Nitramkram

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to add I have also used some biobizz root juice in the last two feeds after repotting. All the plants are responding well to treatment, last feed 1ml grow and 2ml root juice per litre. Two litres given to each plant I have backed off the algamic as the mg deficiency has subsided for now. I will however start using the algamic with the next feed.

Another picture 7 days on from the first off images and 5 days from the last picture posted.

Om :wassnnme:

post-6527-1130440771.jpg

Coming along nicely then. lol

Yeah Arnie, I must admit all of the combinations are doing well. There appears to be no difference to those that have been inoculated and those that haven't. Whether there will be later remains to be seen, I suspect the difference will become evident at the end though :smoke: . I also have some biomate now that I shall be using. The root juice seemed to give them a real lift, lots of luverly roots (to be said in your best David Bellamy voice)

Om :magic:

Update time....

All going very well at the mo at nearly three weeks 12/12.

I'm watering a ltr of water per pot every other day now and feeding 1ml grow/1ml bloom every other watering the tips of the leaves are showing very slight signs of nute burn but I'm not overly concerned about this. The fibre is now very dry on the top between waterings but I've had no signs of the plants wilting.

I think this has got to be one of the healthiest looking grows I've had to date and they haven't needed their dose of mg yet so fingers crossed.

Here are some pics to show how things are standing in my grow today.

Edit to add the one on the left is the PoG and on the right with the chubby leaves is the AfghanxCali

Cheers,

Bu. lol

post-3809-1130767683.jpg

post-3809-1130767726.jpg

post-3809-1130767775.jpg

Edited by Bu

I think this has got to be one of the healthiest looking grows I've had to date and they haven't needed their dose of mg yet so fingers crossed.

Hey Bu they're looking good, nice green colour too. The pictures are very clear did you have the lights on when you took the pictures or have you just got a good flash lol

Om lol

The pictures are very clear did you have the lights on when you took the pictures or have you just got a good flash :ninja:

Om lol

I use a normal flash with lights off but I get a little piece of white paper or tissue and put it between the bottom of the flash and top of the lense and sort of deflect the light so that it spreads around and bounces off the mylar and the light hood rather than glare directly on the plants.

It gives a more subtle appearance.

I'm sure they will need a shot of Epsom salts but they seem ok at the moment.

As it stands I'm a convert I have to say!

Bu. lol

I use a normal flash with lights off but I get a little piece of white paper or tissue and put it between the bottom of the flash and top of the lense and sort of deflect the light so that it spreads around and bounces off the mylar and the light hood rather than glare directly on the plants.

It gives a more subtle appearance.

A regular Bu Bailey mate ;)

Yep looks like I may get a few more bags of FF as well :bush:

I notice if you get it from the HDRA the pp is only £1, orders over £20 are free. 35kg x 2 is £16.95 inc pp. It gets better though Fertile Fibre sell direct at £11.99 for a 70ltr bag you have to order two bags as a minimum order but the delivery is wait of it £4.95.

As it stands there appears to be little or no difference between the biobizz lightmix and the Fertile Fibre. I would go a little further and say the Fertile Fibre plants appear to be more tolerant of the environment. Maybe better for the novice grower due to it's forgiving nature but as it performs well with the biobizz nutes then it has to be a must for the more experienced grower. Lets see what the quality is like first though ;)

Om :yinyang:

Noticed some 2mm diameter rust spots covering three large leaves on a PoG last night which were promptly removed lol

Citrofresh time me thinks!

This time of year must be the worst for fungus spores :soap:

Looking forward to seeings some pics of yours Om! :guitar: Go on get'em out! ;)

Bu. :yinyang:

This time of year must be the worst for fungus spores

I think it's more of a humidity issue Bu - grow rooms are breeding grounds for fungal sporesanyway, but the higher the humidity the greater chance of infections.

I think it's more of a humidity issue Bu - grow rooms are breeding grounds for fungal sporesanyway, but the higher the humidity the greater chance of infections.

I must admit I am struggling to keep my humidity down at the moment. I need to calibrate my humidity gauge again but it appears to be around 80%. I will recalibrate and check it.

Om lol

Good point Bish..I haven't been monitoring the humidity much but I am aware my carbon filter is well long in the tooth and probably totally clogged as I haven't changed it for......:nenenenene:.....Well ever actually!!!

I know that more air through-put would definitely help and probably explain why I struggle with temps more than I used too. I had to throw the filter sleeve away after cleaning it too many times.

[1 week on from the last image. The plants are 4 days into flowering, average height 24"]

Your girls are filling out nicely Om and they look like they are all pretty balanced in growth rate too.

Bu. :yinyang:

[1 week on from the last image. The plants are 4 days into flowering, average height 24"]

Your girls are filling out nicely Om and they look like they are all pretty balanced in growth rate too.

Bu. :headpain:

Thanks Bu

I tried to pick two plants that have a similar growth rate for this grow and so far that have proved to be about the same. I have 3 different strains now and all seem to be about the same so I will probably stick with these ones for a while and get to know them better :execute: I thought one I was growing before was WW but I am being told is it more likely to be AK47 that one I have as a mum and will be in my next grow 2 x BB, 2 x WW & 2 X AK47.

I have one BB that is a little open and slightly taller than the rest but it's in the corner where it can please it self.

Om :smoke:

I have just realised and thanks for prompting this Bu, but the BB is not BB but BG. For some unknown reason I have called them BB and this goes right back to the beginning when I first grew the blighters. Also there are only 3 BG's :unsure: but 3 WW's.

Upon hearing this Mrs Om raised an eyebrow, shook her head murmured just as well Bu is on board and went back to what she was doing. No surprises there then, guess I will never make a professor then :guitar: .

Sorry about that guess that's the trouble with growing it you bloody smoke it ;)

Om :yinyang: