Garage space set up

Lefty72

I'll be setting up my space in the garage this week. 50mm Recticel with black duct tape on the edges to stem any potential reflection from the insulation on sunny days from the gaps in the garage door.

50mm will be fixed to the rafters. Left and right sides, i'm going with Supafoil to create a walls, so to speak.The entrance will be made from Supafoil, one side on the old net curtain rail, so I can just slide it across., little strips of the magnetic strips to keep the two sides together. Flap of membrane over the curtain rail to create a light baffle. Black membrane on the floor, then everything will be overlapped and sealed together  inside with foil tape.

I want to create a sealed space, and one that i can keep clean. I saw Ratdog and others are using ceramic heaters, i'm going to give one a go to heat the space for ambient temp, run off a stat. Then tube heaters for the tents on stats. A pallet style platforms to sit pots on and fit tune heaters underneath, edges of platforms insulated to create a more direct heat zone for the roots. Tower fan hung horizontal for air flow.

Reverse extract on the flower tent. I had my veg tent linked to my flower tent when i was in the loft, running passive intakes. I was running a Systemair fan on a controller before, no fan in the veg tent. I never had any issues with air exchange. Although i might go with a seperate fan for the veg tent on reverse extract. Flower tent will be 1.2 x1.2 x 2m, veg will be 1m x1m x 1.8m. Tents will be sat on some Recticel.

After having a good looksy for tents, had a Secret Jardin before. I went with Budbox for both tents. White inside for flower, silver for veg tent. I couldn't justify the extra £40 for white for the veg tent.

I got 10% off on the tents, for first purchase, little saving there.

I did look at the Spider Farmer tents, but they do not ship in discreet packaging...eeek. I have their G8600 and G3000 lights, these were shipped in plain packaging.

Now! Do i go with a A C Infinity E C fan or go with a Systemair fan, both would obviously be on a controller.  A C do their set up with the 69 controller. Although i'm unsure if the SF lights would run off that controller. Over a decade ago i was using the old fashioned plug in dial light timers, never had any issues. 

I like to keep things as simple as, so i'm undecided if i need to take the leap into the 69 controller, or stick with my old way.  Obviously plug in light timers are digital now.

My sparky mate is sorting safe electrics for me.

I'm going into coco this time. I have a good friend and member on here who is giving me sound advice, moving forward. 

How's my plan sound?  Also thoughts on fan selection?

Cheers all

Edited by Lefty72
  • Like 3

Good luck with the new setup :thumsup:

Fan selection comes down to requirements vs affordability.

So long as quiet is ok then go for the AC Infinity gear,

but if you require ultra quiet then you’ll have to spend more(eg. Systemair Revolution Vector V2 EC Fan (Silenced)).

Have you sorted out your genetics yet?

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

I've had a nosey and i've pulled the plug on a Red Scorpion EC fan. On offer at the min on a site, £125 down to £87.50 for a 6 inch. They do two sizes in their filters,  12" for £59.95 and a 24" for £89.95. The 24" is the same price as an A C filter, but the A C measures 16". Get an extra 6" of filter for the same money, RS use the same carbon as A C.

Gens wise. I've got some old gens in the fridge, which i  have got to soak to see if viable, all regs. I'll be trying Calyx Bros Smokey Mountain Magic, Dynasty Seeds Blue Heron, Eskobar Chocolate Rain and Madd Farmer Strawberry Frost. 

I've just grabbed some fems from the tude. 1 DNA Bruised Banana, 1 Cali Connection Blackwater and 1 G13 Apple Crumble. Got a couple of freebies, 1 BlimBurn Blue Dream and 1 Freedom of Seeds Might Grape.

I always popped a couple of fems when popping regs...bib and braces, etc.

I'll give the 3 fems i picked a shot and save the freebies for another run.

TGA Plushberry will get run from a cut in the near future. Absolute gem of strain.

See how i get on, fingers crossed.

Edited by Lefty72