Which packs did your keepers come from?

Ned The Head

I’m interested to know where you’ve found your keepers from? 

I’ve only found one so far from a Grounded Genetics Blue Fizz. 

• Like 3

Surely they’ll just pop up everywhere? Just some breeders you might have less of a pheno hunt.

• Like 5

Cali Conn GSC - Gorgeous terps, alright structure

Cali Conn Purple Chem - Amazing terps, very heavy yielder, less "bag appeal".

UGORG DiscoBiscuit (original release) - Great taste and structure, decent yielder.

IHG Dolato (original release) - Lovely terps, out of this world frost. Constantly checking it in flower to make sure it's not got mold cause you can't believe it can be that white 🤣

Those are the four that pop to my head that I personally found and would like back. Tried all of them again and they aren't the same sadly. Probably just got lucky with finding what I did.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stummer said:

Surely they’ll just pop up everywhere? Just some breeders you might have less of a pheno hunt.

Yea I think it depends what you call a keeper.

I usually have three levels of cuts, keepers being lowest, elite being highest. Never found a great name for the ones in the middle though 😅 Usually just call them selections.

Keepers are found in a pack you like. Worth holding on to till you find something better. Fine to pass to a mate, but you probably wouldn't try to hype it up as anything amazing.

Selections are something a little bit more special. Probably not something you would stumble across in a single ten pack (though you can get lucky of course). They are something you think the world should see and grow. Most modern cuts fall into this category.

Then you have elites. The cuts so good people have kept them alive for multiple decades. This is the sort of cut that if you found it, you'd never shut up about it 😅

• Like 3

Humboldt Seeds Co Blueberry Muffin, only popped 1 seed out of a 5 pack and stuck gold.

The two Phenos of Chelato subbies I grew would both have been keepers but I wasn't in a position to keep them at the time.

Other than that I've had some nice plants but only the 3 above I knew I would definitely want again.

• Like 4

@SkyRider I like how you categorise them mate. Where would those cuts you mention fall into that system? 

Edited by Ned The Head
  • Like 1

The ones I mentioned would have fallen into the selection category. I hope 😅

I have quite a few "keepers" atm that I've found in the last 12 months. Perhaps one of them might be good enough to be considered like a minor selection (Peach Sherbert by Peefect Tree, have pics of her up here somewhere). But with the amount of good cuts out there today, it's a tough market.

Here she is. Pretty girl and very tasty. But aren't they all these days? 😅

large.20240630_000223.jpg.fcfe9169b60b96e7b477609b055096df.jpg

• Like 2

OK I have thought of one other category of cut based purely upon one strain for me 🤣

And I might even rename the others as I thought of better names 😅

So new category (kinda obvious really). Medical. The one lady who falls into that category for me is Bizzare by Sick Med seeds. It expanded your chest put amazingly. Found it great for my asthma at the time.

A medical cut is a bit different I guess. It doesn't have to taste good, or yield or whatever. It just needs to be the best medicine for you. Heck, no one else may even like it.

LVPK (Las Vegas Purple Kush) is another one for me actually that I just thought of. She wasn't as good as bizarre medically, but was a much better smoke.

Anyway, better category names... Keepers, Elites and Legendary (and medical too). So what I called selected would now be Elite and what I called Elite would now be Legendary. Keepers still being keepers.