Vivsosun Vgrow All in One Grow Box

MindSoup

Just spotted this video from MIGRO. 

Price seems quite high for such a small area, but, if you're limited on space and you want full automation, I think it would be a challenge to make something as tidy, discrete and functional for the same price, especially if you have to buy tools to make it and factor in the hours of r&d, it's still only 4 zips. Spare parts and repairs is a big question in my mind, probably the biggest potential flaw in the idea. 

What do you guys think? I know it's not going  to be suitable for a lot of people, but I see this as a promising glimpse into the future of small scale home growing, maybe this isn't quite there yet, but I like the direction things are going. Imagine one of these in every home, just like a telly or a washing machine. Pop down Currys and grab yourself an all in one ganja farm lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5

If these had been available when I first grew 20 odd years ago, I'd definitely have flirted with getting one, given my lack of trust in my own practical abilities. (I remember looking longingly at crude-looking growboxes that were being put together by some guy online who also sold aquarium stuff, with Envirolight compact flourescents bulbs in them...) But there's a bit of me that thinks that, with the legal situation being as it is in the UK, most people will be better off without relying on this sort of all-in-one type solution, even though in an ideal world they would be able to rely upon them (although they are never going to be the most economical or flexible things to use) - because of the spare parts and repairs point. In particular, if someone is using a box like this and something goes wrong in the middle of flowering - running a scrog! - they are potentially going to be in a tight spot. So anyone using one really needs to know how to sort out any problems with it themselves; which probably means having the know-how that would give them the ability to put something equivalent together, unless they are bound by quite specific constraints with regards to space and the like.

That said, though, it is definitely quite cool that this sort of 'growing made easy' set up is starting to appear; it's a counterpart of how homebrewing tech has been transformed over the last ten years or so. And if enough people start buying and using them, the UK cannabis laws will start to look even more evidently ridiculous, potentially furthering the anti-prohibitionist cause...    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

a challenge to make something as tidy, discrete and functional for the same price,

Or you could save a ton of bucks, have something far more discreet,

properly insulated and doesn't pump stale/humid air out into the room.

One of the mrs' mates stood within a foot of it today and never noticed a

thing, it makes no more noise than a normal fridge/freezer so could be put

anywhere indoors. Dead easy to convert and fridge size would depend on

the space available.

This old fridge set up cost me virtually nothing apart from light, fans, filter,

I already had most of the other bits and bobs left over from other set-ups.

Works a treat !!

large.SSCN0934.JPG.3e711c8782fe58e689c98f21c778790d.JPGlarge.SSCN0935.JPG.d784344e800dcf96eae5be7473f3d582.JPGlarge.SSCN0936.JPG.2875710b98d55d70a4d529cbbee618ca.JPG

As for autos being a faster finish than photos... ffs ! :wallbash:

:oldtoker:

• Like 6
  • WOW 1
  • Haha 1

Feck me i'm in the wrong job over a grand for a one plant set up thats nuts.

As @stu914 said u can build something far more discreet at a fraction of the cost.

My steel cabinet passed another landlord inspection last month didn't even turn it off think thats 4 or 5 in a row now.

Plus the mere sight of my cabinet gives @withnail nightmares for some reason. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Billowin'smoke said:

they are potentially going to be in a tight spot.

Very good point, you could make one a bit more modular so bits can clip in/out etc, but as it is it's a bit of a throw away item and no one want to spend 60 quid every time one thing goes wrong. 

@stu914 I do love your fridge build, I've always been a DIYer too TBF, The price is pretty mental, especially considering the price he's talking about is a special offer. Interestingly the reason I like this is because it's so appliance like, you're already one step ahead on that one, and for a fraction  of the price lol

@murphyblue I didn't realise your cab was so stealth, you've certainly got some balls geez. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Just spotted this video from MIGRO.  What do you guys think?

Came across that a while ago, Soupster. Figured I'd simply not been Able to find the thread about it, on here! Here's one then. Good :)

Personally, initially? Quite sort of pleased with it, myself. Had a giggle, how they talk about its discretion! Like; 'Yeah! Here it is! All over fucking you chube! Put one of These in ye living room and no one will ever know!' 😂

That aside? I had to ask myself: 'If I hadn't invested so much in the glorious thing that stands behind me, already? Would I consider one of these?' (I think I could get one from DE, for about €800, is it? 9? Guts of a grand, anyway)

Knee jerk was; 'Possibly.'. But, see? I didn't just, like; " Grand?! Fuck, No! ". I didn't dismiss it, out of hand.

I have, now though. I'd, initially, thought I'd have liked to have waited while others ironed the wrinkles. But, reviewing the above responses? Nah. Fuck it. Good idea. Beautifully presented, But;

I can see this being The Thing to have in ones home or office. The thing to be Seen with. A 'Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink. Look how hip We are! Only other's who are will Know! Eh? Nudge ...'

Nah. Between that. The above observations about break downs. The simple fact that ye stuck with quite a limit, even for a one planter? I think I'd give it an all out swerve, me 😐

Nice to see it being discussed, anyway ;)