Time To Supercrop Or More ScrOG Bending

MidgeSmith

Hi,

I am growing some taller plants this time and have a vertical space issue after 1 week of stretch which took place immediately on 20/4 -> 12/12 . Sorry the pictures (at the end of my post) don't give a good illustration of scale due to my bad photography of the hard-to-capture 2x4x5ft tent.

I am currently full power on my 320W Kingbrite LED (3000K - which is possibly why the plants look a bit yellow) and my light is as high as I can get it, without making modifications to get it up the last 5cm... It is about 50cm above the canopy and the manufacturers suggest a minimum of 45cm at full power.  My experience with LEDs has made me feel that getting much closer than the minimum distance, even turned down, can be suboptimal and cause radiation sickness (Han Solo, Carbonite).

large.heighttohang04d81b8a5a7eb9c93ef92E.webp.1b86ca7946504d67cdaf20bdf9a5756e.webp

So the question is... Should I Supercrop the taller branches now, or try to find more places to fold them under the scrog, which is already being pushed quite hard?

The plants either side of the tent are Blueberry Muffins and they are in the cooler and less well illuminated part of the LEDs footprint, so I am not super concerned that they will get burned, but I would like to keep the canopy only slightly elevated to the left and right if possible.

So what do you think, ScrOG harder, or Supercrop while there is time? (If your answer is to Supercrop, would you say as low as possible on the flexible part of the stems?)

Cheers!

large.20241011_235252.jpg.afddae009bdabaaf225bacfdca0e9656.jpg

large.20241011_235246.jpg.d3f7ff0f7b87afa93e6a44d13611b867.jpg

large.20241011_235249.jpg.f3e25834d889fc7b89eb44d40c94bc27.jpg

Cheers mukkas!

• Like 3

You could top the taller ones at week flower after the stretch phase has finished and only keep one branch coming from the remaining node, this will keep the branch count the same but bring it back in line with the others.

Just food for thought, done this method myself a few times once i know what branches are gonna get in the way or causes some kinda issue, i like to call it selective branch culling.

Looks like you vegged for a bit too long which will make the room to play with a bit tricky.

Good luck mate 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Military Grade said:

You could top the taller ones at week 3 flower after the stretch phase has finished

Corrected typo ^

• Like 1

That's an intriguing idea thanks. Is there much benefit to keeping just 1 of the 2 tips, apart from 1 bigger bud rather than 2 smaller?

• Like 1

Personally in my smaller spaces it helps with space by keeping the top count the same 👍

• Thanks 1