Take seedlings on a road trip or leave at home?

childofmelee

I'll have seedlings in their second week and I need to go on a 5 day trip 270km away. Here is my options...

Option 1: Do I take the seedlings with me in my campervan which I can bring the seedlings inside at night and provide heating during the cold nights (7°C- 8°C) and then I can put the seedlings out somewhere during the day?

Option 2: Or will moving the seedlings 270km away from their original location then moving the seedlings 270km back to the original location 5 days later could cause the seedling too much stress so it will be better to keep the seedlings outside in their original location? keeping in mind the seedlings will have to endure four nights outside in night temperatures of 7°C- 8°C.

Which option will be the better choice

How big are these seedlings and what light are they under?

Can put them under reduced lighting to keep em needing less water for a few extra days perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

You're gonna feel like a total bellend if you get pulled over. lol      

The seedlings will be in closed plastic boxes in the back out of sight for the journey, it shouldn't be problem.

1 hour ago, bfehillbilly said:

How many seedlings are we talking about you know risk reward and all that

I haven't germinated yet so I'm unsure how many will pop.  I'm not worried about getting pulled over or anything like that, I just won't give them a reason to pull me over.

56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Put them in the tent and turn the light on for 24hrs.

Oh, and chill out.

There is no tent or lighting.  Only the two options I've given are available to me unfortunately. 

53 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

How big are these seedlings and what light are they under?

I haven't germinated yet but the seedlings will be 1.5 - 2 weeks old and will be under the sunlight.

53 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

Can put them under reduced lighting to keep em needing less water for a few extra days perhaps?

Oh shit I forgot about watering.  Option one might be my only option.

At 2 week you can or should be able to pot up or just water container that has enough medium, I've left seedling from day one to day 14vin pint cups water well and left came back all ok

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brother B said:

At 2 week you can or should be able to pot up or just water container that has enough medium, I've left seedling from day one to day 14vin pint cups water well and left came back all ok

Thanks, that gives me something to think about.

1 hour ago, loafs said:

Why not just wait the couple of weeks to pop the seeds?

That could be another option, the down side is I'll lose two weeks vegging.  

Think I'd be inclined to just get the road trip out the way and do the deed once that's done and dusted, sure you will lose 2 weeks veg but they prob won't grow that well or that much more so due to the environment they will be in and the stress of moving them about..I'd rather 2 weeks of no drama and headaches tbh

Go on your trip then come home and get your head back in the game would be my advice dude 👍

• Like 4