The joys and hells of manicuring

MistYGr33n

There is a question in all this so I’ll ask it first. Is there a better way than scissors for manicuring? It’s opinion based anyway but I’m going to do abit of digging today online to see what gadgets are available. 
This is my current situation:

I’m on the 4th day of manicuring. I’m in the hell pit. It’s a gruelling climb out.large.IMG_0143.jpeg.2960fb862c1d3e79115294652e5675a3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The love part is the final fruits of your labour and all that. 
I have a routine, I watch/listen to series re runs on uk gold. Currently I’m working through Keeping up Appearances with Hyacinth Bucket. 

The hate bit is:

the smell, that green cannabis overwhelming stench

the god awful scissors ✂️ 👿 

the cleaning of the god awful scissors 

the stickiness 

There are more things i.e mess, space, boxes etc. The cleaning is THE worse bit though, the resin builds up so quick the scissors need cleaning with the knife otherwise they won’t cut through leaf stems. They just bend em. Every 5 minutes they need cleaning!

Rant over I guess. For the record my opinion of course, Bacon scissors. Best so far that I’ve used. Robust and durable enough you can at least get abit of mileage done before the cleaning is nescessary.

• Like 1

can I just say suck it up buttercup lol

on a serious note though,  I hate chopping, I hate trimming, I hate cleaning up but the rewards are worth it. I've used all sorts, bowl trimmers are a massive no no, trim bags are OK but if you want to keep those tricomes, the best thing are those curved shears you've got, if they're not curved,  get the curved ones and get comfy.

also, best to manicure when bone dry imo, the wetter and fresher the worse your scissors will be, keep a pot of isopropyl alcohol and keep rotating them, just give them a wipe to dry and off you go. or... use a butter knife and scrape off that resin and let it build up, dry it and smoke that shit.

I too can't stand the stench sometimes, can make my hay-fever perk up too, work that one out???

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

large.P4071294.JPG.1d01e4a2ced82649ca6d42ba528af5c7.JPGIt's really not trich friendly, but it's much quicker & I convince myself that doing it over a screen means I get some back. 

Dry weed and a brush. 

• Like 4

I have given up on trimming, my neck just wont stand it so my solution is to buy big 5L jars and store it bush on (minus big fan leaves). All I need to do now is snip the buds off the stem and jar them up once ready, then I can process it a bud at a time when needed and because the leaves have protected the surface from agitation its like opening up a little sparkly present, which I would definitely prefer to grinding through endless leaves and ending up sore and sick of the sight of it.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, erbivore9 said:

I have given up on trimming, my neck just wont stand it so my solution is to buy big 5L jars and store it bush on (minus big fan leaves). All I need to do now is snip the buds off the stem and jar them up once ready, then I can process it a bud at a time when needed and because the leaves have protected the surface from agitation its like opening up a little sparkly present, which I would definitely prefer to grinding through endless leaves and ending up sore and sick of the sight of it.

I also do this very often. It’s also the result of hang drying upside down. I personally leave the smaller buds with the shuvra leaves for the exact same reason. 
also helps when moving the buds as it protects the trichomes. lol like you said it’s like unwrapping a glassy present. 
I can’t do it on all buds, some have very little sugar leaf ratio. 
Here’s 3 different strains I’ve worked on lately. 
large.IMG_0150.jpeg.8bda63ef689d0ae2f1376418bf107296.jpeg

• Like 4

I've started using "Nitrile Powder-Free Disposable Gloves" when the weed is dried correctly you can literally gently knock off the bulk of the sugar leaves with your finger without disturbing the buds surface much. I do still crack out the little snips just to get the harder bits to reach.

These are great, very sharp and very little hand/finger movements required 👍

615y5k4yQ5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This has sped up my trimming times, but still feels like forever lol

• Like 4

My guilty trim jail pleasure is watching the cannabis podcasts The Dudes Grow Show, sometimes watch a movie or do a classic sitcom marathon.

• Like 2

@sweettooth

im gonna say this: your absolutely 100% right lol.

It’s a proper grin and bear it job. Correction, 

grimace and bear it.

I started 10am, I’ve just finished. For today. 
I can cheat though. Ive got some Valium in the cupboard so tomorrow morning before the climb out begins it’s pop one of the diazepam, a couple of bongs of disco biscuit and a bacon buttie. Then get stuck in there like swimwear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Military Grade

lovely bit of kit that mate. I have big hands so nimble work is a struggle sometimes. 
Them green small things in my pics are donkey poop.💩. Good people of the site, save yourself £20 and avoid. Got em off the big river shop. As useful as going paddling with a pair of wellies on. 

• Like 2

I've posted a thread about it but the trimzilla warrior is best thing I ever bought regards to growing 

Can easily handle around a Oz or two at a time and does a proper good job powerful got 3 settings and is relatively quiet for what it does , even collects all the trim in a bag 

I don't dread chop day anymore got no ties to it just honestly something that is very good 

• Like 2