Ultra flat grow room heater - Anyone tried these?

Slippy One

Looking at heaters, I saw this new type for grooms, anyone tried them yet? Better coverage, warmer leaf surface, less wattage and 5 year warrantee. Sounds perfect but that could be deceiving.. 

It's basically a mat heater on steroids.. 

• Like 1

Seen them whilst looing through the grow shops online but not seen one in the flesh.

Got a feeling they may become the norm at some point in the not too distant future though. They look really handy IMO.

• Like 2

You talking about them things that look like heat mats for walls?

I remember seeing these on Amazon awhile back, the thought did cross my mind being a fellow grower the first thing i thought was how could this work in a grow lol

As long as they are reliablely safe i think they could potentially be a good option in a drobe like space with hard walls👍

• Like 1

just a giant heat matt like you would use for reptiles etc

they are not very efficient when hung vertically instead of underneath what you want to keep warm

would be interesting to see if they work but I'm pretty sceptical

• Like 1

Well I'm happy to be a Guinea pig on this new item. One of the grow shop had a review that said you can feel it from 2 feet away. I see they are 1.2m long by 56cm wide, that might not fit in my drobe.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joolz said:

when hung vertically

Thought this too, being flat, and seeing as heat rises.... How you going to get that heat to travel across a grow area.

Just needs to heat the space rather than project it, same as my tube heaters i guess 🤷‍♂️, It would be a niche use case tho small grow space like mine with a fan blowing downwards from the top keeping the heat down might work very well along with oscillating fans, i wouldn't need a 2000w one tho lol

Edited by Military Grade
typo

7 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

happy to be a Guinea pig

If you do end up using one mate and you do a topic on how it goes some time in the future I'd appreciate a mention if its cool.

I'm in the loft, and I have drywall walls, these things look to be a little specific to use, but they may actually work in my grow area. TBH my space is quite decent for temps as I went crazy on insulating it in the hops I dont melt the snow in winter lol but now this cold is rolling in I'm defo noticing a couple of degrees drop on the thermo's. 

I try to avoid heaters at all costs but I don't think its gona' wash in the really cold months, hence the reason I was scouring the grow shops looking at heaters.

I had two 6ft tube heaters in my garage groom many years back, it worked to some extent, but it felt like I was just paying money for nothing, would be nice to know if these work :yep:

• Like 1

Cut & pasted:

Description

Ultra Flat Grow Room Heater - Manage Your Grow Room Temperatures

Get a uniform & constant grow room temperature on a low wattage - all while you save floor space. All you need is an Ultra Flat Grow Room Heater.

It’s excellent for:

LED rooms - warms leaves, increasing photosynthesis

CO2 supplemented rooms - maximises CO2 usage

To save floor space, you can suspend your heater with 1 hook (1 per 1.2m x 1.2m area). Where space is tight, it’s ideal. You can simply roll it up for storage and transport when it’s not in use.

With a large source of heat, you get uniform heat distribution throughout your grow room. This helps keep growth uniform among plants, while preventing hot, micro-climates from forming.

To keep you close to your target temperature, the heater warms up and cools down quickly - it stops and starts heating quickly.

Ideal grow room temperature: 24°C- 28°C
Ideal leaf temperature: 21°C – 23°C

Coverage: 1 heater per 1.2m x 1.2m area

Save floor space - suspend with 1 hook

Uniform heat distribution - large heat source

Easy Storage - rolls up when not in use

Precise temperature control (heats up and cools down quickly)

Low running costs - low wattage heater

Humidity resistant - ideal in grow rooms

No exposed wires - heat ribbons are used

In LED Rooms

In LED rooms, this heater is a must.

LED grow lights emit lots of convected heat. This kind of heat rises up and away from your units, and doesn’t really warm your grow room or plants. That’s why a lot of people use LEDs in summer.

The thing is, plants do need warmth. The leaves, for instance should be 21°C – 23°C for photosynthesis to occur at an optimum rate.

If you’re using a high intensity LED light - like some of our bar led grow lights, you really need to be adding CO2. Otherwise, plants get too much light and not enough CO2 for photosynthesis to occur at an optimum rate. Plants will have more light than they can photosynthesise and will become stressed. In order for plants to truly utilise that CO2, you need to be adding that warmth and make sure your leaf temperature is right.

In any LED grow room, a heater like this is a must. It adds the warmth you need to get the most out of your LEDs and keep photosynthesis occurring at a high rate.

The Tech

The Tech

Voltage220-250 V

Weight360 grams

Thickness0.12mm

Dimensions of radiator120cm x 58cm

Packaging dimensions60cm x 6.5cm x 6.5cm

Life expectancy
10 years

Consumption0.5kWh

Working Temperature65°C

Heats room up to15m²

Warm up time10 seconds

• Like 1

So 500w and ultra fast heating up times. 10 Year life expectancy! My only issue is that my back wall is the 4x passive intake hole, which this mat would cover. I suppose I could convert this to side vents..

Actually, I think these are more suitable for tents, not micro cabinet spaces If only they did a smaller size option.. 

• Like 1

One of the reviews:

"Impressed. Can feel the heat radiating outwards by 2 ft away. Sure, you could turn an oil radiator on 1kw but this is half the energy and stylish uses 0.0001% of your grow tent. Trialing it with a lighthouse wireless thermostat to turn it off at set temperature."

Some UK420'ers must be using one already I reckon. I also see AC Infinity have entered the heating game with a weird looking box outside the tent called a ThermoForge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sweettooth said:

at 500w, what about those small plug in ceramic heaters

Yeah us micro growers have been getting away with 1' 40w bar heaters for ages, and we would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky freezing nights.. lol

• Like 1