Fancy lighting doesn’t always mean better results..

Slippy One

2 clones, 1 inside, 1 outside. Outside looks lovely, inside looks fox tailed and annoyed. I’ve tried lowering the PAR to 600, after seeing the same ailment at 1300 PAR  on the previous grow. Clearly light intensity isn’t to blame here, I think it’s the spectrum on fancy lights and would be interested if anyone else in a similar position has a similar experience? 

I’m going back to my original DIY LED Scope V1’s next grow to see if my hunch is right (3500k) which is 1 spectrum. The ACInfinity light has blue, yellow, reds, deep reds etc, so will find out eventually, but very curious to find out what folks think.. 

outdoor cut:

large.IMG_4867.jpeg.bc77e020b330cb1990981482030e2732.jpeg

indoor cut: fox tails and clumps of new white hairs 2.5 weeks before finishing..

large.IMG_4952.jpeg.5bc750089f657591e9eb5be890ce75fe.jpeg

it’s difficult to see, but in this pic you can see I’ve put duct tape covers on the reds, deep reds and infra reds leaving just the yellow and blue diodes. 

I feel it could be the blue diodes to blame for foxtailing and pushing new white hair clusters. 

large.IMG_4960.jpeg.da6aba94583e552f84eb0dda6541223b.jpeg

here’s that same light with all colours blazing in the previous grow, which also suffered fox tailing and new white hairs.. 

large.IMG_4113.jpeg.bda5755f8e71610735186212aa33261b.jpeg

thanks for looking in,  and thanks in advance adding any thoughts you might have on spectrums. 🤘🏼

Just seen the US AC Infinity website doesn’t list these lights anymore.. hmmm 🤔😂

Edited by Slippy One

I have some Solar Flare Quantum boards that look very similar. The thing is LED plant lighting technology is moving faster and the lamps themselves last far longer. 50 000hrs - what! I used to replace a HPS bulb every grow when I bought nutes and spreader mats.

Still getting my head around LEDs.