Found some powdery mildew while harvesting...

dan6

Hi. Thanks in advance for any help..... So as it says in the title I found a couple of spots of powdery mildew on a few leaves while chopping. It's only affected 2 cuttings of the same strain. The rest of the plants have no signs. 

They are all chopped now and I'd like to know if there is there anything I need to be doing while the plants are drying to stop it spreading (if that can indeed happen). It's so fucking humid atm - am struggling with this.

The plants are drying in hanging nets with a fan moving the air. It's 60% humidity and 23C where they are drying.

Thanks again for any replies

Dan

I'd get rid of anything which is infected with the PM and hopefully the rest will dry fine 

So what would be the way to stop the possible spread of the mildew to everything? I have fans going but dont really have any way of lowering humidity apart from increasing temperature which I dont think I really want.

ETA-there was absolutely no sign of any mildew on the other 9 plants

Edited by dan6

Sterilize if unsure. 3% peroxide, make a bath and soak the branches. 

It's what the medical outdoor growers do in a few States

Here's a vid of the process, (adults only). 

250ml of 3% Peroxide in 35L bath is the recipe. I never rinse but it doesn't affect the terps or trichs negatively. You'll see the dead spores on the surface of the bath, try to scoop that crap off with a cloth before removing the branches. :yep: