leggy seedlings / when is it too late to bury

dubsideofthemoon

20241008-092627.jpg20241008-092426.jpg

popped these sundea driver seeds before my lights arrived and had them on the windowsill for a bit.  they got leggy.     I'm ready to pot them up and my plan is to bury them... never done this before though.   did this need to be done at an earlier stage or can I still do it?

• Like 2

Crack away and bury them, roots will still grow out from the stem if it's under compost

• Like 5

Mine looked 5 times worse week ago, i just left them and put lamp down a bit now they look normal,oscilating fan helps to get them stronger stems. So bang on and pot them,if possible in non see through pots tho.

• Like 3

Got nothing to worry about. When I end up with crazy stretch, usually due to mixing flowering and vegging plants, I re-pot and coil them like a spring around the pot. They usually end up rooting really well. 

• Like 1

You could get away with just repotting them deeper in those cups to be fair, they've hardly rooted em yet and they are nice and deep.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

When this happens to my seedlings,

I pinch off the cotyledon and sometimes the first true leaves too,

then pot up to that level,

burying most of the stem :) 

As mentioned by others,

they'll send out roots from the buried stems 👍

A circulation fan will also help to strengthen their stems as they grow.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1