State of the seed game

Ned The Head

I've not been growing long 5/6 years but seemed to amassed a lot of seeds.

And to be honest its getting like a jungle out there so many different strains released each year.

So think i will be mostly sticking to subbies from now one there's always something to like there and worth spending ur money growers are very generous with their seed counts. 👍

• Like 1

We need more heirloom genetics back in the mix IMO. I think I'm 3 or 4 seasons in to some work with @Ch@ppersNepalese, Khmer Gold and Luang Prabang. I've not crossed any modern genetics into them yet. I have kept at least 50 beans from each selected plant from each generation so can BX if necessary. I do have a really nice JH male that I'm considering crossing into but trying to keep out modern gens. 

TL:DR....modern cannabis gene pool is boring and too far interbred IMO

✌️

• Like 3

So what strains would people like to see in the subbies?

Anyone got any favourite plants they are desperate to see crossed out?

For me it's Psychosis..if I haven't already mentioned it 😅

• Like 2

I don’t see the issue crossing the best clones to each other. Yes variation and all that but you’re more likely to produce a footballer if you crossed Haaland x Mabape than two random geezers down the pub (reversal speaking of course). 

What pack of seeds out there can guarantee you a keeper or elite plant? None of them because though chances increase with good breeding practises it is still somewhat of a lottery to find the next Jude Bellingham / Chem D. So that in mind prices should reflect this risk I think. Each to their own and I have paid lots for beans but I’m never paying over a ton for 11 beans - ever again. Charge what you want and some people will pay but not for me. 

Saying that these elites are probably more like 1/50 or 1/100 plants so not that unique. Whatever the cost of your beans - get them down and find those special plants. Then if you wanted to make seed then you are far closer to creating unique hybrids from there rather than using others work. That said I am all onboard for a bit of Gelato 41 x Runtz so I can’t really talk.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyRider said:

Agreed, bring back the psycho!

3 hours ago, SkyRider said:

Funny enough reading through this I was thinking sod the new hype shit. I wouldn’t mind a psychosis cut. Or one for me from back in the day would be psychoberry. Gutted if that strains been lost for good. Saw someone post something recent and got speaking with them but unfortunately they’d lost it. Was hoping kg beans would one day restock on the bx2.

I’ve kind of been blinded chasing zkittles crosses. Since smoking some zkittles and been letting down on the clones. Tbh don’t even know if it was zkittles lol the 200 clones my mate bought at a 15quid each certainly wasn’t. Suppose should just run a pack of rainbow belts. They aren’t cheap though, I might just take the plunge.

Once I’ve ticked that box I’d probably be more looking to do some older strains like your sour diesel. Or running some hazes. Longer flower but don’t see it pop up to often with dealers. Remember the good old days where it was unlimited ami import. Or lemon ami with huge grande sized buds. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stummer said:

sod the new hype shit. I wouldn’t mind a psychosis cut. 

She's such a special girl and the craziest thing is she seems to be little known outside of our circles. 

Just ordering my STS chemicals tonight...If I manage to reverse Psychosis, I've got a list of plants I want to try her against (ammo being one of them 😅). If she doesn't reverse, I have a few other plants I'm hoping will and I'll use them to cross her too. Failing that I'll cross her with some regs on the next seed run. So skunk#1, Northern Lights..

I've loved every single cross I've tried of her from other breeders, so I'm hoping it's going to be a lot of fun exploring what she does mixed with other strains.

If I actually manage to make any, I'll send any extra in this way. The world is better with more Psychosis..😅

Edited by SkyRider
Spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, stummer said:

Suppose should just run a pack of rainbow belts. They aren’t cheap though, I might just take the plunge.

The Rainbow Beltz 20 cut is outstanding imo.

A lot of these newer strains don't smell that much to my nose, not like the older strains. But you could always smell the Rainbow Beltz joint. Such a lovely sweet aroma to it.

Not sure what it is like growing from seed, I did see the prices 😱

If they produced plants like that in a ten pack, I'd take the risk. But chances are probably low.

@SkyRider def interested in the Psycho S1 if you manage to reverse her dude, from the three BX2 I tried, all leaned heavily towards Blues.

• Like 1

I know that feeling 🤣

If she's anything like cheese, she is going to be a PITA to actually reverse..

I've taken 9 clones of her to give me a bit of room to play and experiment. Got 6 clones of some other plants to have a go at as well..so 15 in total to try reversing. Hopefully one of them does 😅

So crosses are very likely, I'll manage those one way or another. But an S1 will depend upon Psychosis performing. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1