State of the seed game

Ned The Head

3 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

At least that’s what I tell myself to justify Alfemco, which to date has to be the least profitable seed company in existence lol

Left a few quid on the table ourselves. Respect.

Enjoyed your post 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

These days seems to be more and more about pumping out new ‘strains’ with the name of some in vogue clone

this is it, even the most well respected breeder(s) here did just that, and with shitty attitude to boot. innit for the money, oh, stardog is the latest strain doing the rounds, it's boring you say but will sell like fuck? let's copy it lol

• Like 3

Anything over 60 is a joke imo,found top notch keepers in that range that i kept for decade. Shop i buy in sells old school cuts for 20e but dont deliver here,id have to drive 100miles soo :ouch:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ratdog said:

stardog is the latest strain doing the rounds

Different context, and I never buy it - but there's loads of street dealers around that offer when I'm out and about. For a while it was this you mention, but recently it's all been Super Silver Haze.

Same gear, they just call it different names. Whatever is in vogue, I presume....it was particularly funny, I found, when it was called Haze :D

ETA> "the animals looked from pig to man" etc, the high leads to me think, probably mis-using it.....they not much different to some of the seed folk, in some ways, eh. There's too many names, too wide a selection from some, for it to be real (is my seat-of-the-pants conclusion).

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 3

Wow. If folk are buying ssh and it's actually stardawg, that's nuts. Totally different look, smell, taste and high.

The real fear should be about when infected seeds are gonna turn up in subbies. I bet there's loads of secret clone whores here. All it'll take is bad luck. When that happens shit is real serious.

Edited by FlowerChild420
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FlowerChild420 said:

Wow. If folk are buying ssh and it's actually stardawg, that's nuts. Totally different look, smell, taste and high.

No! It's just dealer weed. Product - the weed -  and name aren't really related, they just call it whatever is fashionable, what sells.

It's a whatever works thing, and doesn't really have a baring on the weed itself. A lot of them may have been told that, by who they got it off, or just don't know what it actually is. They're mostly kids.

I mean, to go back to seeds - If I told you one pile of seeds was X, and another Y....you'd not be able to tell, would ya, that is A or B really.... Many people, say when the dealers called it Haze, won't know that haze doesn't have calyxs like that *vaguewave*. That it's not exactly got bag appeal, to the average punter, and the time to grow it? Ha. It was never haze.

Don't project this world (enthusiasts) on to that. It's different, I'd suggest :) The link I made is more soft than that, it's just certain aspects, not all, when thinking about the greedy seed folk (to me).

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

this is it, even the most well respected breeder(s) here did just that, and with shitty attitude to boot. innit for the money, oh, stardog is the latest strain doing the rounds, it's boring you say but will sell like fuck? let's copy it lol

I think there’s business people who get into industries specifically to make money, with figuring out the actual ins and outs of the work being an afterthought, or even simply becoming middle men by outsourcing / buying in white label product.   Of course these types will always pick the low hanging fruit so to speak - and it’s a lot easier to make a thing people already want, than to make something new and then get people to want it..

Then there are people who end up in industries because it’s their passion,  and they realise that they have to make some compromises between their particularly preferences, and what’s realistically going to allow them to do more of the thing they love.  

Funnily enough I’m currently making a line that’s 50% stardog. Was never a project I particularly set out to do, but mentioned on here are people showed interest, and I know there’s lot of people looking for that knockout smoke…. So decided to dedicate a bit more space and time in the hope it can help keep the lights on (literally) for some of the long term projects which are going to be truly special & unique.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OldFord said:

Im a huge growing fan , got more interest in the challenge than the grow !

I class the Subbies beans as high class as some of the finest herb i have sampled has come from Subbies beans. 🥰

I do care about the Subbies beans and so grateful for the guys & girls producing them !    Thank you all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

So decided to dedicate a bit more space and time in the hope it can help keep the lights on (literally) for some of the long term projects which are going to be truly special & unique.

I like your vibe, and have been impressed by your knowledge. How do I buy your seeds? Did a search, and it pointed to this site...I don't want to test, I want to buy some. I can't even find the ones that used to be sold by the site though??

Ideally not the bland shit that is prevalent, more and more...over my time, and I don't know if I'm rose tinting the past, but I'm sure weed is much more one dimensional in general now than it was. If you are genuinely trying to address that, take my fucking money -  but can't exactly make it rain, baby  😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

I like your vibe, and have been impressed by your knowledge. How do I buy your seeds? Did a search, and it pointed to this site...I don't want to test, I want to buy some. I can't even find the ones that used to be sold by the site though??

Ideally not the bland shit that is prevalent, more and more...over my time, and I don't know if I'm rose tinting the past, but I'm sure weed is much more one dimensional in general now than it was. If you are genuinely trying to address that, take my fucking money -  but can't exactly make it rain, baby  😛

Thanks.  Only thing I’m currently selling is Fuckwarp, which is an early outdoor F1.  Some proper oldskool Afghan sticky stinky heads, as one of those lines was made by selecting an extreme BLD outlier from S1s of Texeda Timewarp, which is clone only from late 70s (not long after BLD genetics first made their way to the states) .  So probably not that many gens away, and closely resembling some weed growing in Afghanistan / Pakistan over 40 years ago, gnarly smells…  The other parent being MWF which you probably saw if googled.  8 years and as many gens all-female breeding work in these.  

PM if you want to buy a pack, think Joolz still has a few.  Strictly for outdoor though as have mild intersex tendencies.  

Got one, possibly two other outdoor hybrids will release before spring.  Haven’t got any indoor stuff ready for sale at present, but getting close on a couple things which will be giving out for testing.  And are opposite of bland. 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Haven’t got any indoor stuff ready for sale at present, but getting close on a couple things which will be giving out for testing.  And are opposite of bland. 

I'm not one of those outdoor peeps, beyond the occasional play for reasons other than crop. When the indoor stuff is ready, which is what the people I will gift them to focus on too (I have a goal right now) I will be keen to get a pack or few.

Good luck with your projects :)

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

I'm not one of those outdoor peeps, beyond the occasional play for reasons other than crop. When the indoor stuff is ready, which is what the people I will gift them to focus on too, I have a goal right now, I will be keen to get a pack or few.

Good luck with your projects :)

Cheers 👍

• Like 1