State of the seed game

Ned The Head

I’ve not been buying seeds recently so I can grow out my collection but I still keep a keen eye on what’s out there. 

Pretty mad the price of seeds. 80 quid seems about the standard. Some of the vendors pictures clearly show they aren’t growing plants to their full potential yet still charge that sort of money. 

I am wondering if the recent availability of many well known elite clones on a well known website in the US might lower the price of seeds in the coming years as now anyone can cross RS11 to Gelato 41, Chem D to TK and so on. 

Unlikely but one can only hope. 

Regarding clones and websites. I wonder how many are the actual clones they claim. Rather than someone’s version of it. For example used to always be cheese about in london. Imo it wasn’t all proper cheese, a lot of the time it smelt cheesy but wasn’t quite it.  You knew when you got the real deal. Sort of thinking it just because some these websites seem to have every hyped up strain. I reckon a good few probably wouldn’t let the clone go. You know what it’s like, money and egos. 

A lot of the breeders now all offer the same thing. The latest hypes crossed n given a silly name. Again I wonder how many actually have the hype strain to cross with and it not just being their own version of it. Personally I am hopeful we’ll see a move back towards the older strains. Think plenty are fed up with seeing the same latest crosses. Know I ended up looking again the other day for some sour diesel. Market seems over saturated with breeders selling seeds. Guess it’s just gonna come down to who can do the best marketing.

• Like 2

The difference with this website is the clones are coming from Skunk VA & Gabby / Staten Island so there is a degree of validity to them. I would love to try some of them myself just to experience them but will make do with finding my own special and unique plants. 

I know seeds get slated a lot nowadays but I'm finding new stuff quite interesting especially in terms of flavours. I tangent a time when nearly everything was citrus or blue cheese, got really boring for me. There's all kinds of flavours springing up now. 

Have to agree with the pricing of some of them though, they just take the piss. I know how many seeds a plant can make and that's with me not even trying to pollinate it. 

Greedy bastards :nono: