push the feeds or coast in coco

runninwivscissors

Evening ladies and gents. When you're the and watering in coco do you generally run a set ec in veg and flower all the time within reason, or are you pushing the feeds to the point of slight tip burn and then calling it good. I'm curious as I I seem to get the same result either way. I'm using Shogun a+b. Would be interesting to know what other Shogun users are doing with it is levels wise.

EC... what's that lol

I do know but don't check,  ph is more important imo. I go by the recommended chart levels and if they look sour, then I check, yes I might be wasting nutes but results always speak for themselves.  When I last starting checking ec and runoff I made them worse, sometimes I feel its better not to know and go by what your plants are saying instead 🫡

• Like 1

I have done both.

I lean towards lower EC, and more feeds, or and average to low feed if just feeding once and see if the specific plant looks like it needs a stronger feed.

I am of the belief that us in the cannabis world over fert, and even if a plant isn't showing signs of being overfed, it doesn't mean you should ram more in until it does.

But the more times you water it per day, the lower the strength of the the feed needs to be, and then the less chance of over ferting the medium. 

Probably worth running your own tests if you are going to run the same strain over and over.

• Like 4

I make you right mate, I hand feed once a day and it works for me at around 1.2 ec in veg and generally tops out at 1.4 ec in flower. Incidentally since using the Shogun I've not had to add any calmag or anything other than a+b and to be honest I'm pretty shocked at the results really. I'm going to be running some chisel cuts and some cheese cuts. Gifted to me for a bit so should be a nice stable control group if you like for my maniacal experiments.

read your plants runoff and it will give you an idea of your plants consumption :) if its coming out higher you are on your way to build up of excess nutrients if its coming out lower thats a good indicator your plant can take more :) if you see tip burn thats probably an issue that already happened :) if you read your runoff you can see your plants limits before stress indicators tell you :) 

• Like 3