ControlLED

2 hours ago, ControlLED said:

a prolonged period of light will make for less oils and terpenes in my opinion :) you may notice your crop smells the most when it "wakes up" as the intense light and heat will evaporate some of the oils which is the reason why it smells most in the morning as these smells are leaving the plant that have been produced throughout the night, i could possibly be wrong but it has always seen me right and test branches from lights straight off and test branches from 2 days in the dark seemed stickier and terpier than the ones taken straight away 

I turned off the switch- growth will resume this evening so I'll update the diary after that. If they do look like they're going to sprout nanas it's probably too late now to damage them. Another couple of weeks to finish them in a better environment is worth the risk- hopefully it'll reduce the risk of losing more to rot anyway. 

11 hours ago, kc stoner said:

How do you stop the snow melting on your roof 

insulation :) kingspan/flirmask/ good ventilation :) are you still using hps? 

• Like 1

I don’t want to “upset the apple cart” as it were however, these claims of giving more dark hours to “kickstart” flowering and Improve terpene profiles by avoiding intense light evaporating them is anecdotal opinion.

Just to be clear I’m not having a dig at you@ControlLED but if you make a claim such as you have here it needs some scientific backup.

I haven’t wanted to post this for fear of making a scene but we have had a lot of bro science here over the years and it serves no-one well. We are here to help folks grow the best weed they can using tried and tested methods with scientific history. 

:smokin:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lildaveham said:

I don’t want to “upset the apple cart” as it were however, these claims of giving more dark hours to “kickstart” flowering and Improve terpene profiles by avoiding intense light evaporating them is anecdotal opinion.

Just to be clear I’m not having a dig at you@ControlLED but if you make a claim such as you have here it needs some scientific backup.

I haven’t wanted to post this for fear of making a scene but we have had a lot of bro science here over the years and it serves no-one well. We are here to help folks grow the best weed they can using tried and tested methods with scientific history. 

i fully understand bro :) you are right it is not scientifically backed but i have seen the difference a couple of times now and i am a believer that it helps :) especially in high light intensity setups :)  but each to their own everyone has their own methods and recipes im not here to upset anyone or mislead ❤️💙💜  i like to think of it like crop steering :) simulating the arrival of winter towards the end to make the plants panic :) shorter days/colder temps make them think they need to make one last attempt to become bigger and stickier in hope to attract male pollen in the wind (like in a natural setting) i know this also isnt scientifically backed but i believe that plants goal is to pollenate and reproduce so making it think its running out of time must have some kind of affect (in my opinion) but i could be completely wrong at the same time 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lildaveham said:

I thought hard about replying to this and the guy saying ignore Bugbee- he taught me how to put the whole picture together in 50 minutes better than years of reading and missing some really important stuff. Stuff that gets repeated every time except this and supplemental UV. I was surprised when he was said the +24hr final light results did show some improvement. 

Also what's the advice on when to give them their last drink? Should I try to dry them out in the pot a little or water right to the very end? 

@ukscroger I try to time it so that I'm chopping when they're due a watering so as not to deprive them, but the pots are light. It makes it easier to dispose of the soil.

Probably more bro science but I got told a long time ago to water the plants the day before chopping so they can take a little longer drying low and slow

• Like 1

5 hours ago, loafs said:

Probably more bro science but I got told a long time ago to water the plants the day before chopping so they can take a little longer drying low and slow

I water mine the day before too so the plant is stocked up with water content for extended drying times 👍