Greetings from a newbie

sepsisurvivor

A polite hello to all

Approaching 60 , some health conditions , recently amputated , frustrated but retaining a sense of humour 

Hoping to get a Percy underway soon , exploring how cbd bud might help reduce my gabbapentin ( prescribed ) use 

• Like 1

Welcome to the site bud 👋

Will this be your first grow or have you done it before?

Dunno if it's just because I don't look anymore but CBD strains seem to be less common these days than a decade ago

1 hour ago, SkyRider said:

Welcome to the site bud 👋

Will this be your first grow or have you done it before?

Dunno if it's just because I don't look anymore but CBD strains seem to be less common these days than a decade ago

Thanks for popping in skyrider

I have grown for many years ... Health and family circumstances curtailed that for the last couple of years

Convalescing and idle hands ( lost the lower leg ) has pointed me to the site as before .. I never seemed to have the time 

The cbd interest is just a thought after seeing others plights at my rehabilitation unit 

S

• Like 1

@sepsisurvivor Was on that when my disc popped, and can't say I liked it much.

Keen to read what you heard there about CBD, was this a 'straw poll' of folk who'd been through amputation or staff?

I've known a few that use cannabis for reduction in spasms and associated pain, and one - while back now - who reported it helped phantom pains associated with amputation.... Amoungst those who grew they found letting whatever plant go long, the more 'indica' in nature strains, gave them benefits - along with the high they liked, which is mostly absent from the medical stuff such as Sativex.

Also.....Full spectrum hemp extractions (along with whatever weed), CO2 being one method that was favoured, stick in mind when thinking of what they thought was shite/allright, and was useful to some - but they can get pricey.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

@sepsisurvivor Was on that when my disc popped, and can't say I liked it much.

Keen to read what you heard there about CBD, was this a 'straw poll' of folk who'd been through amputation or staff?

I've known a few that use cannabis for reduction in spasms and associated pain, and one - while back now - who reported it helped phantom pains associated with amputation.... Amoungst those who grew they found letting whatever plant go long, the more 'indica' in nature strains, gave them benefits - along with the high they liked, which is mostly absent from the medical stuff such as Sativex.

Also.....Full spectrum hemp extractions (along with whatever weed), CO2 being one method that was favoured, stick in mind when thinking of what they thought was shite/allright, and was useful to some - but they can get pricey.

Thank you j.o.i.n.t for that .

Like you ..the gabbapentin is not for all 

Initially it was a far better option to the oral morphine .. the fentonil was soon withdrawn 😭

Tiredness is a problem with gabbapentin and when I accidentally sat on my balls and didn't feel a thing 

The amputee clinic is only 3 months in for me .my personal journey compared to the rest is a much easier one 

Almost death by sepsis with poor diabetes control resulted in a lower leg amputation and a month in hospital 

I'm walking with a prosphetic leg but use is limited as my stump needs to harden to avoid blistering 

The group do seem to be more inclined to indica strains 

I have a decent rosin press I could bring back to life e.t.c

Most experience the spasms and phantom limb pain you mentioned..I'm just looking and hoping I can pick others minds and improve my own life and others 

I hope life and your back is at a stage where you can cope j.o.i.n.t 

The co2 extraction always appealed but remains something I never got round to 

Thanks for the advice

S

• Like 1

Hi @sepsisurvivor and welcome to '420.

Hope you can find a strain that works for you, or at least have some fun sampling along the way !

If you get a grow on get a diary up, loads of folks on here happy to jump in and help, and others like me who can at least cheer from the sidelines  :punk:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, withnail said:

Hi @sepsisurvivor and welcome to '420.

Hope you can find a strain that works for you, or at least have some fun sampling along the way !

If you get a grow on get a diary up, loads of folks on here happy to jump in and help, and others like me who can at least cheer from the sidelines  :punk:

Thank you

@sepsisurvivor The pain/limp associated with the back problems are held at bay with a daily routine, having a walk and stretching/toning stuff.... So it's all good thanks :)

Docs are defo more cautious with opiates these days - as short a term as possible, due to the addiction issues I presume. You find out how much it hurts when you stop them, eh!

Good luck with the journey mate, I hope you find what you looking for - and if I hear anything that could be useful I'll '@' you.....the various people I met who used it for similar reason you post about were able to use less pharma options, not none, with the methods I mentioned before. So if it's a 9 week strain, perhaps give it 11/12 ish....and sativex; you might be able to get that - but fair warning, it costs the NHS/GP a lot, so they may take some pressure to hand it over. One guy I'm thinking of you'd think would be an 'open and shut case', but he ended up having to take them to court to get it (and won). Huge faff, tho - and that doesn't appeal to all. You'd have to read up on the pathways that open it up as a possibility, and it's probably a 'later' thing.

:hippy:

Hi CBD may well be very helpful.  Personally I find full spectrum works best for me.  I was on Gabapentin and then Ropinarole for restless leg, but cannabis does it so much better.

Gabapentin turned me into a zombie.

My wife used to be prescribed Gabapentin for neurological pain caused by MS. She was switched to Pregabalin and then Noratryaline. Gabapentin did make her drowsy. Cannabis also makes her drowsy but we don't tend to use/grow CBD strains, particularly. It does help her though.

You can grow CBD strains though they are growing in popularity. Good luck young man. You'll get loads of information to help you here.