LED's, is full power needed?

GreenVision

@Gsyrup  about co2 part,i did grow few years back 3x600w hps and 460w led,30+ plants,500m3 ventilation day ,250m3 night cycle,yield was near g/w,how is that even possible with such low vent?

Mid winter btw ,temps round from 16 to 19c night, day max 25c.

1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

@Gsyrup Hi ya mate.

So with no meter, and as you say just the numbers provided by lumatek (with a little tolerance), I should be just below the area of Co2 needed for the PPFD my units are putting down at 40cm above the canopy?

(750ppfd x 6 = 4500ppfd) / 4.32m2 (my scrog net is 1.8m wide and 2.4m long)  = 1041ppfd???... And I'm about 35cm above canopy atm but I could up that to at most 45cm at a push. 

If I've done that right that's pretty close to touching max if I stay at 35cm above? 

I think you might be in that awkward situation where there may not really be a right answer lol you're probably lighting the majority of your canopy at a good mostly uniform ppfd (850~ish ppfd) but perhaps the edges are suffering a bit (what with the units being so close), where as if you raise them up and turn up the wattage you're gonna get the inverse problem where instead of the edges being underlit, spots of your main canopy are gonna be overlit.

36 minutes ago, Herbal Kint said:

@Gsyrup  about co2 part,i did grow few years back 3x600w hps and 460w led,30+ plants,500m3 ventilation day ,250m3 night cycle,yield was near g/w,how is that even possible with such low vent?

Mid winter btw ,temps round from 16 to 19c night, day max 25c.

a 3x3x2m tent is 18m3, if you had that fan on full tilt (500m3/hr) you'd be exchanging the air  27 times an hour just less than once a minute.  3 x 600w and a 460w LED is like a 2 x 2 x 2 or 2.4 x 2.4 x 2.0 room or similar m3, so more like once a minute or more. To put that in perspective, to maintain co2 levels in your space you want to exchange the air atleast once every 15 minutes. I guess what I'm saying is your air flow wasn't as lowa s you thought it was.

But it just goes to show how amazing plants are to suffer less than ideal conditions (v low temps) and still perform ok :yep:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Low temps is one thing that plants can adapt to handle very well but have you ever seen a room full of plants, completely sealed with zero air exchange, just a tiny 5mm gap under the door being blasted with shit loads of night and nutes ever adapt or thrive?

@Gsyrup

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

just a tiny 5mm gap under the door being blasted with shit loads of night and nutes ever adapt or thrive?

I mean they're amazing up to point but then human inadequacey gets in the way lol best I saw was a room in a shipping container that was woefully exhausted, you could smack one of the euro reflectors and about a litre of water fell off the top lol lol the lads still got a result though, granted it was pitiful but it was a result none the less lol

• Haha 1