Going Indoors ....Kit help

OldFord

I will be making the leap and ...going indoors !

Never thought i would say those words .....but the seasons end is looming and winters coming fast !

I cant hamdle the cold , not fit enough for much and with losing the good lady ...im going to be stuck at home with just the cats.

So one shall be having a bash at indoors ,   nothing big  ,  just a small tent ,  ideally 4 autos or 2 fems at a time 

So please can people point me in the right direction !?. 👍

I will be running it in a spare room. ,   Passive intake and exhausting into another room space. 

I have cfl's & seedling set ups but will require a full kit. 
Im not fussed on going all fancy & high tech as will be quite attentive and would prefer to be more reliant on me than tech. 

So what do you suggest for 4 autos or 2 fems .... tent size ?  Light size ?    

Even where to purchase from would be a massive help. 

Thanks in advance for any help folks 

• Like 10

1 to 1.2m tent, 6 inch extract and a nice 600w-ish LED would be my suggestion bud.

I guess the specifics depends upon your budget?

Sorry to hear about your lady 😔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad news about your partner Old Ford but sounds like you have a lot of people around you for support.  My only additions to SkyRider’s list would be a back up plan to keep your roots warm enough, (tubes, mats, wires?) some circulating fans, and some knee protection to help when hand-watering…or maybe some automated watering? Good luck with the indoor shenanigans! :hippy:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

1 to 1.2m tent, 6 inch extract and a nice 600w-ish LED would be my suggestion bud.

I guess the specifics depends upon your budget?

Sorry to hear about your lady 😔

To add 9 plants,6 or 7L pots,go fem rather then auto

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

go fem rather then auto

🤣 I didn't want to say it..but I would go fem too..

Plant numbers is a tricky topic. Personally I would go slightly bigger pots and fewer plants, but then you have longer veg and for what return? But it also depends on your attitude toward having that many plants..

I think if you can be flexible with numbers, I'd just try and work this backwards. How much weed do you want to grow...then figure out light, tent size etc..then adjust numbers depending to your attitude for having them around. If you don't care, then fill it with as many as you can to reduce veg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@OldFord

Sorry to hear your sad news bud...

I would go for indica leaning fems as they seem to prefer indoors rather than anything sativa heavy.

Regarding kit I reckon the best deal and advice you'll get is from @Gsyrup...he'll put you right...:yep:

Good Luck mate, onwards and upwards...

:oldtoker:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts go out to Mrs OldFord 💮

Good to see you having a go indoors :thumsup:

This might be a bit controversial,

but I wouldn't necessarily go for an LED setup. 

It requires heat mats/tubes and precise temperature and relative humidity control. 

I definitely grew some banging weed under a CDM 315W alongside MY 600W HPS. 

I'd be tempted to go for a 630W CDM light(2 x 315w bulbs in one reflector). 

I would also suggest a rectangle shape tent. 

My Secret Jardin dr150w is the same volume as a 1.2 x 1.2m but it's only 90cm deep so you don't need to lean into the tent so far in order to maintain/defoliate/fertigate. 

That size of tent would also allow you to have space for working and things like circulation fans etc. 

You'll only require an EC exhaust fan with speed control and a carbon filter. 

For the quickest turnaround indoors, 

follow the way of @CuriousOrange and go 12/12 from seed,

so you can get some variety.

With a plus of not having to deal with large or heavy pots. 

Germinate seeds in whatever works for you, 

jiffy pellets/small pots/root riots etc, 

then get them into 4 litre pots once they've got some decent roots. 

Doing this would also allow you to grow out Regs(Subbies etc) as you just start twice as many seeds as you need, 

then be prepared to cull half of them once they show sex. 

Use a root stimulant Foundation/Root Juice/Root Tonic for supercharged root systems. 

Some kind of automated irrigation system would come in handy ;)

Mush love. 

Atb 

☯️

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about the mrs hope yer doin ok 

For just a couple o fems I would say 90 x 90 or 100 x 100 would do fine i have 5 in a 100 x 100 and its packed but i veg for too long lol

Take care mate

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OldFord said:

I’ve been using green spirit hydroponics a bit recently and been very happy and can recommend them. Good products, prices, secure and fast delivery. Can get 10% off if you sign up to mailing list. 
Also still use greens horticulture and you should be able to get a discount from them if you email them for a quote/invoice once you know what you want.
I bought my ac infinity EC fans from ledgrowshop and again great service and discreet packaging. I think they used to be the only place to buy the AC infinity gear but noticed greens have them available for pre-order now and also hytec hydroponics sell them. I’ve only bought from the latter once but no issues. 

All the best for this new adventure mate. I’ll be cheering from the sidelines along with many others I’m sure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Like I was saying over email, I reckon a MIGRO light from LEDgrowstore and then and ACI infinity tent and extraction kit with the XL filter (3x3 or 4x4) from Ledgrowshop (2 different websites with very similar names). If you don't want to get too technical you can just use the Manual speed controller that comes with the fan to start with, introduce the smart controller if/when you feel like you want to, or give them an email and see if they'll do a kit cheaper without the smart controller. As far as simplicity in buying everything and value for money I don't think you can get much better than that at the moment, all you'll really need on top is a heater and some circulation fans and you probably have them already. The links are in our email chat of you struggle to find the websites :hippy:

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If watering/mobility is a concern I reckon one of these new "rechargeable watering wand" majiggers would be a good shout, I think I might buy one to replace my pump sprayer. 

1-1_7560d8e3-f85a-4168-9d22-61cbbb1e7ff7

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear of your loss, wishing you all the best.

Compost or coco? If you go with coco you could set up a dripper system to save your back bending over to hand water and raise the pots up on a DIY 'table' to have them sit in a danish tray where the run off can drain off and collect in to a bucket under the table. All the system needs is a water butt, circulation pump, air pump, heater and water pump that will connect via hose to a Top Spin dripper (12 outlet) inside the tent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MindSoup that wand looks alright. Should be a bit more subtle than the pump sprayer I briefly tried using indoors. What a bloody racket that is when pressurising. Covers the noisy zip sound perfectly lol

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, OldFord said:

I will be making the leap and ...going indoors !

Never thought i would say those words .....but the seasons end is looming and winters coming fast !

I cant hamdle the cold , not fit enough for much and with losing the good lady ...im going to be stuck at home with just the cats.

So one shall be having a bash at indoors ,   nothing big  ,  just a small tent ,  ideally 4 autos or 2 fems at a time 

So please can people point me in the right direction !?. 👍

I will be running it in a spare room. ,   Passive intake and exhausting into another room space. 

I have cfl's & seedling set ups but will require a full kit. 
Im not fussed on going all fancy & high tech as will be quite attentive and would prefer to be more reliant on me than tech. 

So what do you suggest for 4 autos or 2 fems .... tent size ?  Light size ?    

Thanks in advance for any help folks 

Try reading my thread? Asked exactly the same question 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1