Yes Another Bodhi Thread

Amnesialocal

8 hours ago, Trashedagain77 said:

I recently read that Bodhi is retiring his 1988 G13 Hashplant stud. He's done some final crosses (lots of which sound pretty cool but untested) and a last batch of Black Triangles and Blueberry Hashplant. I really wish I could have grabbed some of his older Appalachia crosses like Sunshine Daydream but they were gone before I had realised their worth. All of my Bodhi seeds are G1388hp crosses so I'd like to try the other male lines like the Wookie which CuriousOrange rates. I already have a liking to lavender strains so it's gonna be right up my street. Of the newer hashplant crosses I too like the look of Secret Chief(SFV Kush) and also (Face Off Og), (Oreoz), (Ak47) to name a few. Bodhi is definitely a "proper" breeder and definitely puts a lot of effort into his business. I am super excited with my two Black Triangles which are only in vending cups so far and unsexed but I have read many positive reviews and have held them up there with the better seeds in my locker and felt it was time to get a few out! I bought them a few years ago when they first emerged but wanted to keep hold of them until I had a few mothers of various strains. An American friend advised that the males were fire so not to waste them. I have long considered F2 the pack open pollination? I'm no breeder but I heard that the F2 generation will be a box of magic so I might just do that with my ten remaining seeds. Any advice would be much welcomed. I'm just hoping for a girl out of the two BT's fingers crossed. I have two Karma Where's My Bikes, two Karma Sweets and two TH Seeds Kushage all regs unsexed to go with so I'm really excited right now! There's a fem French Cookie(Platinum Cookie) just incase the regs aren't kind and end up all male. So far one of the triangles is much taller so I'm thinking it's likely a male but I'm usually wrong so we'll see. My last reg mission resulted in 4 Blues all male, 4 Hindu kush, 3 male! To be honest the last two runs of fems have included two full blown males from 6 seeds which is worse! All the best! Peace. 

OG is full of bodhi Co-op seed presevation.

Maybe you can still find some F2.

"We should do something similar"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding high....can I ask if there is something interesting/unique?

Very difficult to find info about the crosses.

I like the idea of the importance of the male in breeding ( as much as i like the opposite,)

I was just to pay for:

- Soul Mate

- Trip unicorn ( how not to buy something called like this?)

Freebies: kush x 88hp/??

90$ + 40 deliv + customs?

I have a compulsory problem buying seeds. I need to keep control.

Edited by Amnesialocal
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Amnesialocal said:

Regarding high....can I ask if there is something interesting/unique?

Most of the bodhi stuff I grew was a bit lack lustre tbh. Sunshine Daydream is the line of his that I really enjoyed/enjoy the most especially for a BLD/Indica heavy hybrid of which I usually find a bit boring outside of bedtime, but SSDD is complex and it wont pin you to the settee, its got this proper stoney high that will have you cracking jokes and acting daft but don't get it confused for some uppy kinda buzz cos you're not getting anything done outside of procuring more munchies.

2 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Maybe you can still find some F2.

"We should do something similar"

I gave my friend my SSDD F1 selections and the F2 seed I made, he's just made F3, an incross with my F1 selection, and some pollen chucks at the same time. If anyone elses experience with SSDD was anything like mine, between the high female:male ratio, males flowering in veg or those that don't turning hermie in flower, it might explain why you don't see anyone repeating a cross with it with any consistenency outside of the initial batch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I think I still have some SSDD in the tub. Shame they mostly won't crack. I'll chuck them in a paper towel one day and see what happens

• Like 5

First time I grew ssdd all 3 plants seemed to be above average. I tried the same strain a couple years later I believe and wasn’t impressed. Was shit but average at best and was gutted as first run was so good.

Also tried his more cowbell, no hermie issues for me. Was a lovely strong smoke. Stronger than the other cookie cross I done by bodhi. Granola funk. I preferred it though taste wise, was like an orangey cookie type taste to it. Neither disappointed and was above average for sure. 

I wouldn’t mind trying some black triangle. Also would like to try some love dawg, I had a female which honestly smelt amazing even in veg. Not had a plant ever smell as much in veg. Had mates around me getting nicked and had to take the tent down. Gave the plant to my uncle. He potted up into soil despite it being in coco then fucked it up with the nutes. So never got to see how it smoked but I just know she’d of been special lol . In fact off to look if any in stock anywhere now

• Like 4

Many thanks all for your comments and information.

Still very confused.

I have always considered that if you are able to put on the market 40-50 strains per year or twice per year, you are hacking more than breeding.

The less info I found from breeders about their strain the more...suspicious to me a breeder is ( but that's me and probably doesnt mean anything).

I spot a nice comment on a youtube video about Bodhi breeding.

The person was suggesting Bodhi is a breeder for hippies and hipsters as they appreciate all the bla bla bla karma, feeling., etc but with questionable high results?

If you take a male plant and you cross with 50 other famale every 6 months... Dont you think statistically you will find something nice?

$45 for a pack of seeds is expensive but still a reasonable price for it.

I understood ( and I am sure I could be wrong) that he cross specific males or maybe famale with lot of landraces found in his travels. So the crosses are not always fully results?

20 hours ago, Gsyrup said:

might explain why you don't see anyone repeating a cross with it with any consistenency outside of the initial batch.

Don't fully understand this comment.

Maybe this can explain transgender in sativa? But in indica?

Or it is because he self pollinate without breeding out the hermies?

Or he is a  breeder so good than when you try to work out his genetics, already at F2 he has been able to protect his gene frequency? ( Don't think so)

• Like 2

Do the seeds look healthy skunk striped or small plain alien greys

Edited by marcjuna
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Amnesialocal said:

without breeding out the hermies?

I didn't meant this.

I have Mr.X idea shared with Dj short to stress plants for transgender reveal before breeding. So have breed out it before breeding.

In my mind you have hermies because:

- high sativa ( particularly thai imho) dominant types

- S1... Or inbreed

- stress sensitivity linked with the 2 points above

17 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

Many thanks all for your comments and information.

Still very confused.

I have always considered that if you are able to put on the market 40-50 strains per year or twice per year, you are hacking more than breeding.

The less info I found from breeders about their strain the more...suspicious to me a breeder is ( but that's me and probably doesnt mean anything).

I spot a nice comment on a youtube video about Bodhi breeding.

The person was suggesting Bodhi is a breeder for hippies and hipsters as they appreciate all the bla bla bla karma, feeling., etc but with questionable high results?

If you take a male plant and you cross with 50 other famale every 6 months... Dont you think statistically you will find something nice?

$45 for a pack of seeds is expensive but still a reasonable price for it.

I understood ( and I am sure I could be wrong) that he cross specific males or maybe famale with lot of landraces found in his travels. So the crosses are not always fully results?

Or he is a  breeder so good than when you try to work out his genetics, already at F2 he has been able to protect his gene frequency? ( Don't think so)

you have pretty much described what he does, pretty much throwing anything out there, nobody is going to grow and compare them all you can get away with selling any shite these days 

4 minutes ago, MySoulIsMine said:

you can get away with selling any shite these days 

Some companies just take whatever is hyped at the moment, reverse and cross it to something else hyped and chuck that out with fuck all testing.

Other companies just buy mass produced beans and rename them.

Bodhi tests his males out and then crosses to what he has available or thinks will work best. Does he fully test all crosses? Of course not, he says as much when he puts the packs out.

But at $45 a 10 pack, I don't think you can complain. Shit, with the buy two get one free, it works out at $30 a pack..That's subbie price. Who's complaining that subbies aren't fully tested?!?

He's putting out unique stuff at a cheap price imo. Not many others do..

But he also has strains that have been out for years now that are more "tested".

Tbh, until a strain has hit the market and peoples grow rooms, I wouldn't consider it fully tested. How many companies are putting their seeds under different lights, different temps, different mediums, different grow styles, different nutes etc. The amount of combinations are just too high. Most at best will do some simple stress testing and call it a day.

I paid like £60/£70 or something for a pack of LIT farms Black Rainbow. First fucker I ran hermied on me 🤣

Irony of that story is, one or two here said to bin her, but I figured I'd see if she kept putting them out after a good strip - she didn't and she's turned into one of my favourite weeds now 🤣🙈 Ffs

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

I don't know why its the case with sunshine daydream, but I meant you don't see lines or repros with SSDD as part of its make up being reproduced by breeders outside of the initial cross - if I had to hazard a guess based on my own experience its probably the bit of blueberry in it. OT1 lines with Blueberry in the mix have dodgy males, too, but I can confidently say that its not a deliberate action on Bodhis part to protect an intellectual property, the level of mathematics with genes and plant numbers involved in achieving that is out of this world, Bodhi would be producing far better crosses if that were the case lol 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SkyRider said:

Some companies just take whatever is hyped at the moment, reverse and cross it to something else hyped and chuck that out with fuck all testing.

Bodhi tests his males out and then crosses to what he has available or thinks will work best. Does he fully test all crosses? Of course not, he says as much when he puts the packs out.

But at $45 a 10 pack, I don't think you can complain. Shit, with the buy two get one free, it works out at $30 a pack..That's subbie price. Who's complaining that subbies aren't fully tested?!?

But he also has strains that have been out for years now that are more "tested".

Tbh, until a strain has hit the market and peoples grow rooms, I wouldn't consider it fully tested. How many companies are putting their seeds under different lights, different temps, different mediums, different grow styles, different nutes etc. The amount of combinations are just too high. Most at best will do some simple stress testing and call it a day.

I paid like £60/£70 or something for a pack of LIT farms Black Rainbow. First fucker I ran hermied on me 🤣

Irony of that story is, one or two here said to bin her, but I figured I'd see if she kept putting them out after a good strip - she didn't and she's turned into one of my favourite weeds now 🤣🙈 Ffs

Fair play to him then, I have had some nice stuff in the past from his seeds 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SkyRider said:

Very well put SkyRider, spot on everything you've said right there. Peace. 

• Like 3