Yes Another Bodhi Thread

Amnesialocal

Dear all,

Looking at several post incolving Bodhi genetics. Following up a lot elsewhere about this breeder, nevertheless still I have lot of issues understanding his/her genetics and particularly the high/strains.

Looking from our side at seed banks with bodhi genetics.

Any advise?

Any sativa?

What should I look for?

Tx

• Like 3

Bodhi is a dude.

My advice would be, shop around. Ordering from the states is much cheaper than the UK suppliers (half the price) and a much better range.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, SkyRider said:

Bodhi is a dude.

My advice would be, shop around. Ordering from the states is much cheaper than the UK suppliers (half the price) and a much better range.

Which strain are you recommending?

• Like 1

Tbh all the info I can find is mainly about smell and terpens...but little about specific high.

Even less regarding sativas strains. Can you for example rexommend some sativa strain?

• Like 1

Most of his strains available in uk shops are either 88g13/hp or wookie crosses so tend be more indica leaning. 

Pinball wizard was nice and is ssh x wookie but think it’s only available stateside iirc

• Like 3

I haven't grown Bodhi for a while, but my eyes are currently on:

Deep Line Alchemy

OMG

Space Monkey

Terpenado Remix

He has a large range, constantly changing. Look at the males being used and try to get a mix would be my advice.

• Like 3

Hi amnesialocal, I've grown a few Bodhi seeds out, DLA4 Kashmir x G13 HP. I first grew two girls from four seeds. Both were strong plants which stretched a lot when flipped. Insanely huge fan leaves. Finished quickly for seeds. Sadly another plant hermied and there were seeds in the buds. It would have been very nice otherwise. The second go with the DLA4 was one plant which didn't seed but I felt wasn't quite as good a pheno as the first two but definitely decent. The other Bodhi Strain I grew was More Cowbell another hashplant cross(Forum cookies x G13 HP). It was very nice plant, strong leathery leaves which went purple and smelt uniquely divine. Sadly it was seeded in the same grow as the DLA4 first round. It may have been a culprit I'm not sure. I have Black Triangle which is a bit of a Bodhi legend flagship strain(triangle kush x G1388hp). It's early days for the Triangles to comment but they look great thus far. So, my opinion on Bodhi is  good. The hermies were highly likely to be my poor efforts more than poor genetics. I have seen a few reports of More Cowbell hermies which includes GS Cookies to explain. I know that his past strains were certainly more sativa orientated. Sunshine Daydream was such a legend of a sativa based strain. Appalachia, Snow Lotus, etc. were the males he used back then. Like SkullDuggery said most of the strains available now are G1388hp or Wookie males used so indica dominant. Great Lakes is definitely a good shout from bfehillbilly, cheaper and better selection and indeed buy 2g.o.f. I am also keen on sativa more nowadays and have struggled with Bodhi because of the indica majority market. I have looked at Karma and Ace products for sativa plants which are manageable indoors. All of the best with your choice. Peace. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just chiming in because we can't have enough Bodhi discussion imho!

I haven't broken into my packs yet but I do have DLA 5.3 and Soul Mate mainly on the basis of @CuriousOrange and his love of the Soul Mate.

I am also coveting the Secret Chief and maybe even Sun RA (SFV OG x Wookie) but they are all for next year (maybe).

• Like 6

+1 for ordering from the states too - they were really quick and from order to having the beans in hand was less than a week for me.

• Like 5

Yep, Bodhi is indeed the dude!

I have only grown out a handful of plants of the Soul Mate and a couple of Terpenado so far, both Wookie dads but all plants were lovely to grow. I have a pack of Black Triangle I am cracking in to on the next run and am eagerly awaiting the outcome of @Shumroom playing with some Sunshine Daydream seeds. As mentioned by @DeltaMelter I do really like my Soul Mate keeper so I am looking at exploring the Pinesoul line a bit further by looking in to some Soul Food which adds Bodhis g13hp as a dad.

I believe one if the reasons Bodhi uses just a few father plants to breed over the years is because he very very extensively hunts for and tests his males until he finds just the right guy, they apparently get left out in the snow and abused in all sorts of ways to ensure they bring good things to crosses. His males are supposedly chosen to bring structure and potency without overpowering the mothers. With that in mind you might find the Mango Biche x G13HP or the Genius Thai x G13HP available on Attitude would give some lovely sativa phenos, though I would +3 for buying from the states for better prices, choice and freebies you actually want.

• Like 7

I recently read that Bodhi is retiring his 1988 G13 Hashplant stud. He's done some final crosses (lots of which sound pretty cool but untested) and a last batch of Black Triangles and Blueberry Hashplant. I really wish I could have grabbed some of his older Appalachia crosses like Sunshine Daydream but they were gone before I had realised their worth. All of my Bodhi seeds are G1388hp crosses so I'd like to try the other male lines like the Wookie which CuriousOrange rates. I already have a liking to lavender strains so it's gonna be right up my street. Of the newer hashplant crosses I too like the look of Secret Chief(SFV Kush) and also (Face Off Og), (Oreoz), (Ak47) to name a few. Bodhi is definitely a "proper" breeder and definitely puts a lot of effort into his business. I am super excited with my two Black Triangles which are only in vending cups so far and unsexed but I have read many positive reviews and have held them up there with the better seeds in my locker and felt it was time to get a few out! I bought them a few years ago when they first emerged but wanted to keep hold of them until I had a few mothers of various strains. An American friend advised that the males were fire so not to waste them. I have long considered F2 the pack open pollination? I'm no breeder but I heard that the F2 generation will be a box of magic so I might just do that with my ten remaining seeds. Any advice would be much welcomed. I'm just hoping for a girl out of the two BT's fingers crossed. I have two Karma Where's My Bikes, two Karma Sweets and two TH Seeds Kushage all regs unsexed to go with so I'm really excited right now! There's a fem French Cookie(Platinum Cookie) just incase the regs aren't kind and end up all male. So far one of the triangles is much taller so I'm thinking it's likely a male but I'm usually wrong so we'll see. My last reg mission resulted in 4 Blues all male, 4 Hindu kush, 3 male! To be honest the last two runs of fems have included two full blown males from 6 seeds which is worse! All the best! Peace. 

• Like 3

Slightly off topic, but I noticed on attitude that they'll be stocking "cookies" seeds soon.

Are they still anything to do with Bodhi or did he leave that partnership?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkyRider said:

or did he leave that partnership?

Not long after he announced it IIRC lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

🤣 FFS.

I mean, it didn't really seem to be a fit for his style, but I figured the money was enough to change anyones mind. I wonder what put him off..

• Like 3