Spec check?

Hazeworks

Hi, makes you head spin after a while of you need and dont ect lol. Could do with some help on what to buy, i would like to buy some of it cash from a local hydro shop, and then off internet the rest

so i am thinking

Budbox pro 1mX1mX2m

RVK/Carbo air 50, 5" ?

Viparspectra xs1500 pro

2 clip on fans

timer/controler

silver tape

Trying to keep budget down, so... do i need

dehumidifyer

heat bars? i have small oil rad?

Do you buy cannabis compost? is supermarket stuff to risky, due to bugs ect?

The light and fan should come with what i need to hang them(fingers crossed), any other odds and sods i might need like pulleys or anything

You'll need a bigger light, the xs1500 is for a 60x60cm space. Also Carbo Air have had a few bad reviews in recent years which for a premiu prices brand is enough to sway me away from them and towards system air / mountain air /phresh as an alternative.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3
  • WOW 1

Light and tent are not compatible with floor area flower. Unless that's on purpose I'd downsize the tent to hopefully save a few quid. Or spec a bigger light with additional expense. 

Controller for the rad. 

No idea on your extract kit, assume it monitors/controls temp/RH? 

I use a dehumidifier in flower, no idea in your conditions, I wouldn't bother initially. Raising it might be an issue seedling /early veg. 

Lots of compo info on here with comment on what's currently considered good. 

If you're anything like me, 101 other bits and pieces. 

Get it setup and see if you can at least get a stable environment without plants. Take it from there. 

• Like 4

Stick to canna/grow shop potting mix (h&g bat mix ftw). Most commercial garden centre stuff is shite now. And stick as big a heater as you fit in there essentially, x amount of heat costs the same regardless of the size of the heater. A dehumidifier is sometimes unnecessary, so I'd wait until you identify a need for it. You can slonremt them so if you only need one for a few weeks in late flower then that's always an option. I run 75% through to about week 4 of flower and then try and keep it below 65% after that, quite a lot higher than most people would recommend, but the plants love it and with plenty of air flow/circulation you should be safe from rot. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

h&g bat mix ftw

I've just started using Jiffy pro7 bat mix , first impressions are its nicer than h&g and plagron examples.... Cheaper too :wassnnme:

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Niiiice, I never really see Jiffy for sale anywhere round here but I'll keep an eye out for it. I probably only buy a bag or 2 a year so any savings will be negligible, but it will satisfy my skin flint tendencies lol

• Like 1

Thanks all, i could go down to a smaller tent, will add the filter and extractor to the list you recomended. What Inch fan would i need?

what do you recomend for clip on fans and a controler/timer of some sorts, to control the light ect

Hope i dont jinx mine by saying this and not sure u can still get em.

But if ur on a budget a "RADAIR150" fan i would recommend as long as u got a controller to turn it down.

Mine been running 24hr's a day for well over a year now never let me down and can hardly hear it.

I would also recommend the 6" Fox filter again been faultless and last check last week was only £40 getting a spare come payday.

Winters around the corner u will need a heatmat and controller and thats a must.

Good luck with it dude. 👍

• Like 2

@BilgePump its a good bit of kit.

And assume its still reasonably priced cant remember how much it cost but i'm a tight old bastard so probably not too much. lol lol

I would defo recommend "Fox filters"though used the 4" and 6" now and both been faultless plus they are cheap.

• Like 2

would it help if i said i have about £600 budget, not including pots and compost ect, just hardware

Budbox pro 0.75mX0.75mX1.6m £95

Viparspectra xs1500 pro £160

Phresh hyperfan 5" £125

Fox 6" £40

2x vortex 6" fans £25

5m acoustic ducting £20

5" fast clamp £15

Then which controller? 

Edited by Hazeworks

23 hours ago, MindSoup said:

You'll need a bigger light, the xs1500 is for a 60x60cm space. Also Carbo Air have had a few bad reviews in recent years which for a premiu prices brand is enough to sway me away from them and towards system air / mountain air /phresh as an alternative.

If you actually follow all the comments made in multiple threads,

you'll find that there is no problem with GAS fans, filters or any other equipment they manufacture ;) 

Operator Error :) 

If you're only running a 6" fan at 20% then a 6" filter is 'Oversized' for your requirements :thumsup:

It's just common sense when you think about it ;) 

The bed depth is also an important decision.

I'm currently running with 3 CarboAir fans.

I only use the 50mm in my veg tent,

but in my flowering areas I upsize to the 60mm carbon depth.

I would recommend going for something like,

the GAS EC1 as a very simple fan controller with min and max fan speed setting that responds according to the temp.

Heat mats for keeping roots warm :thumsup:

with an ink bird heat controller(non wifi).

Atb

☯️

Oh what the old "minimum air speed" yarn they where spinning? I don't buy it personally, to my knowledge no other brand has that issue/requirement, so if it's true it's a design flaw in itself.  

Or are you referring to something else? 

Easier to just buy a different brand that hasn't had complaints than get to the bottom of the issue IMO. 

Edited by MindSoup

10 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

If you're only running a 6" fan at 20% then a 6" filter is 'Oversized' for your requirements :thumsup:

I'd say that defys common sense IMO. To me common sense would be designing your CF to work properly with a fan of the same size.