Led vs air exchange

Herbal Kint

How much did you nerf your ventilation when you switched from Hps to Led? If at all?

All i did was flip intake and outtake ... Tbf i was only just coping under hid in my space running 4in extraction, whereas under led the 4in is fine in the same space.

So I guess what i did was change lighting to fit my HVAC situation lol

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 3

Does putting your extraction at the bottom actually work? I tried it a while ago and it made no difference at all. Then I started thinking about all the air movement and how it would probably cancel out any heat rising/convection effect.... 

• Like 1

I did nothing personally, but TBH my groom was a little on the hot side so the LED's just brought temps into a safer area.

But if your able to control your fan / exhaust then just dial it into the ideal temps. Go in the grow area after the lights have been on for a few hours and get a temp / feel for it then go from there. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Does putting your extraction at the bottom actually work?

It works for me, my filters stood up in a corner so im kinda extracting sideways from the bottom half of the tent .. more than anything else its more convenient because pots take up less room than the par+ 465 and the filter fits nicely on t'floor.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

I too have my filter on the floor and an open hole in the top of tent to draw air in passively. 

Been at it for a couple years now with it set up that way. 

I noticed my summer temps were manageable this year, but then again it was a mild summer. 

Surely a bigger fan is always better.

Not sure why anyone would downgrade their ventilation, if all else equal, in any case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Axiom said:

Not sure why anyone would downgrade their ventilation, if all else equal, in any case.

Noise level mate,draft as well in winter.

I had grow few years back 2 x 600w hps ,1x400w hps and 460w led. Was supossed to be 3 x 600w hps but coco grows can go out of control lol

Point is a had it all only with 500m3 ,full healthy plant and awesome yield. Plants on 25c down to 17c at night. Am wondering how is it even possible for plants to get enough co2 from air at such a low airflow?

On 16/09/2024 at 15:23, Herbal Kint said:

Noise level mate,draft as well in winter.

Draft? As for noise level a bigger fan turned down is better than smaller fan higher speed for noise surely?

... coco grows can go out of control lol

how so? 😛 

Point is a had it all only with 500m3 ,full healthy plant and awesome yield. Plants on 25c down to 17c at night. Am wondering how is it even possible for plants to get enough co2 from air at such a low airflow?

That's good to know to be honest! I think its down to the static pressure capabilities and airflow designated to grow weed was rated for the old inefficient fans. (not TRUE airflow requirements)... that's my best assumption.

I'm looking at a silenced Phresh right now but just come across all the bad reviews on another thread from 2020.

7 hours ago, Axiom said:

Draft? As for noise level a bigger fan turned down is better than smaller fan higher speed for noise surely?

how so? 😛 

That's good to know to be honest! I think its down to the static pressure capabilities and airflow designated to grow weed was rated for the old inefficient fans. (not TRUE airflow requirements)... that's my best assumption.

I'm looking at a silenced Phresh right now but just come across all the bad reviews on another thread from 2020.

@Axiom

Ye i grow in winter,passive outake,pulls in cold air from out,so cold draft bad sinuses.

I use 2 x 420m3 wents with switch 250/420 i use it at lower level so 500m3,its quiet as it can be now.I had 1000m3 on variac and it gave out more noise. Am not in UK and there is no fancy vents here :(

If i leave them to long in veg once flower starts they still grow and overgrow space,thats 9 x 6.5L so yeah out of control so i had to put 4th lamp and spread them out as i had 27 plants.