Blumat Digital Moisture Sensor If You Have Used It, Is It Worth It?

MidgeSmith

Just to revisit the old automated watering thing. Not really looked into the system fully yet, but ecowitt do a thing called the witt flow. It connects wirelessly to their soil moisture sensor and waters as needed, comes with an app and I think WiFi so you can keep an eye on things remotely. It's not as cheap as the pimoroni style kits mentioned in the thread above, but it looks a lot more plug and play/user friendly. One thing I will say is their sensors aren't as reliable/accurate as I'd like, but for this purpose they'd probably be up to the task. 

Check out the hilarious YT advert. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

After this ad for WittFlow, I'm not sure if I want an irrigation solution or a decent retirement home.. 😆

• Haha 2

On 12/09/2024 at 11:33, MindSoup said:

Easy solution to that. Pre treat your soil with nematodes, cheap, easy and they stay in the soil even when there's no larvae to eat. 

Hey @MindSoup have you any recommendations as to where I could get some nematodes from (quickly and not too expensively preferably)?

I see plenty on big river and fleebae, but dunno if buying from there is a good idea or not?

Edited by MidgeSmith

4 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Fruit and Veg Protection from Nematodes Direct :hippy:

Thanks geezer!  The fuckers are back after a month without.

10 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Fruit and Veg Protection from Nematodes Direct :hippy:

Do you know what the shelf-life is @MindSoup? Trying to work out if I should buy 2 packs (Shakur) or just the one. Four 12.5L airpots

I'm not sure, I've always bought it as and when and used it fresh but you might be able to keep it. 

• Thanks 1

Ok.  Cheers fella!

Well if it does 10MSq, I guess 1 pack will do for now.  They only charge a quid for postage, so I've a pack on the way.

I'm tempted to get some mosquito bits too, but I'll wait to see how the nematodes do first.  I've yellow sticky paper for days, so hopefully between the two I will keep the levels reasonable.