Recommendations for a back up dry herb vapouriser

Hole in the clouds

Recently gave up combustion and bought a venty. Bloody E04 fault after a few weeks had to be sent back. I had no choice but to go back to smoking. Wasn’t happy I struggled through the first one it tasted like licking an ashtray. Anyway next time the bloody thing fails I wed a back up. I’m not sure what to do because it’s not going to get used unless my venty packs in or needs cleaning or charging. Don’t want to spend another £400. I don’t know how to maintain batteries that are not getting used plus I need something portable. Any ideas?  I know nothing lol 

• Like 1

If you already have a 510 mod the DC Gen 2 Dry Herb Vape for about 30 quid is a dam good little steathy vape and would be a good backup as well

I took one away on holiday for a couple of weeks and was very impressed - a single battery charge lasted most of the day and it looks like a normal ecig mod so had no grief with customs

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 1

Makes sense to grab a crafty. Those usb-c ones last nearly as long as a mighty now.. good for at least a days worth of hard chugging if times are challenging. 🫡

• Like 1

Every vaper needs at least one Vapcap in their collection imo

There's a few similar things with bigger bowls like the Vapcap's bigger brother, the Hyperdyn - the Tempest, Dani vape, Anvil, Thermal Accumulator .... and a few glass ones by Glass Charlie and The Rogue Wax Works that work well, now.

Butane vapes like the Sticky Bricks are also hard to break and always ready to go with a butane torch, like all the others I've mentioned.

• Like 4

My mate swears by his Arizer Airmax, he can't decide if he prefers that or the mighty+. 

It's 139 quid at the mo so under half the price of the mighty and at least you can change the battery so it doesn't become landfill after the battery dies. There's only the tube to clean too so easier than the mighty in that respect. 

I assume you want portable or you'd have bought a volcano instead on the venty :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KC said:

Arizer Airmax

I looked at this other day on reading you mentioning it. Do you think a spliff lover who wont smoke spliffs now would learn to not moan about it?

@j.o.i.n.t

Tricky one mate. I didn't get off spliffs until I had a convection vape (like the Airmax). Before that I'd tried a conduction vape which I wasn't that keen on. Recently a lad I know had his Pax die on him so he bought an Arizer and found it lacking as he was used to a conduction rather than a convection type. It's all in the technique though, you have to draw slow and steady with the convection ones. 

When I got the Tinymight I thought it was shit, possibly broken but it was just learning how to draw properly on it. It's just not like smoking at all really. 

I still think you'd love a volcano buddy :)

• Like 1

@KC I hear ya, and on pot I do listen to you - you know..... It's just...

Smoking the spliffs past tense now and will stay that way, but when I look at the alternatives...I don't even like my nic vape, on some levels. Have to babysit the fucking thing -  and it's ramped up the complexity when, really, I want more simple.

Has yours broken much and can you fix it yourself if it does? They ain't cheap, but are they quality?

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

Well the volcano and the mighty have been solid, they come with a good warranty too but I doubt you'd ever need it. The tinymight not so good, I'm on my second one and I barely use it. You wouldn't wanna mess about with it if its under warranty, I doubt I could fix one. 

The Airmax seems reliable, I know 2 people who've had them ages and no bother so far. 

• Like 1

@KC When I look at the page, just a quick found seller - the extra shit they try and manipulate us into handing over more cash for with their fake discounts.... I can't stand it, or them that sell/make it. But soon I will stop bargaining, probably sulk a while - then accept.

Thanks mate.

• Haha 1

@j.o.i.n.t try a dynavap or similar - it was the first vape that got me to actually stop with the jays - i had gone to pure jays for a few years though as the nicotine was a fucker to quit so if your still mixing with tobacco try to get going on pure joints first.

I have a digit volcano which just sits in the cupboard and has pretty much done so for over 15 years - tbh im not really a fan of all s&b devices - i have a mighty+ and that just sits unused as well. 

I dont use the dynavap anymore and mostly use my diy all glass one now (you can make one for about 50 quid depending on what tools or how complex you want to go) or when out and about the tinymighty2 - the solo 3 does look pretty decent but not used one

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 4

@highgrower Not smoking baccy now, no, been trying a few non combustion methods (MCT C8, I really do like) - and when really wanting to smoke little pure ones. Can't say I'm keen on smoking it by itself though. Tried the Dynavap M last year (or so)..and it's, I find it shite. Nice metal thing...I like it as a thing, just not as a method of getting stoned..... 'clear high' to me is a metaphor for incomplete.

I'll give the bag one a try, with as open a mind as possible...just got to accept change sometimes, haven't you. Thanks for sharing the lived experience mate, that speaks to me more than theory.

And then, if I dont like it, going to try making stuff too.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1