NFT Questions

Flamedodger

Hi all, I’m plumbing in mains water to

my groom this weekend and was

thinking I may as well go the whole hog and plumb some pipe straight into both veg and flower space. I’m setting up a 424 for next grow. Is it worth installing a tank fill device on the tank? If I get a couple of good runs with it I’m thinking of building a dosing system, so will deffo need it for that anyway. 
Anyone use nft fully automated, what gear are you using? Best number of plants for the table? My corex is cut out for 6, but I have a blank spare.
It’s been a while since I’ve used it, I found some well out of date Canna product's in my lock up, so they’ll go to the tip and I will get some Ionic Grow/bloom for hard water. Will this decrease the need for pH down as it advertises, or should I just get standard? My water is as hard as a dogs head 0.8 out of the tap, but has perfect ca and mg ratio (tested), my water is fed from underground aquifers apparently 😳

Any top tips and advice welcome, I never really got to grips with it last time, though probably not the best system to use for your first grow indoors 🤣

Cheers 🔥 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flamedodger said:

Best number of plants for the table?

I cant help on the automation, TBH for NFT was pretty automated as is. But to know how many plants you'd have to let us know which tank / system you have.

As a rule of thumb though you'd want to space your plant centres the same as you would with any grow, enough room to grow out and have their own space is priority, followed by maximum you can fit.

Nft424 from a quick search they say 3-6 plants , don't know if this is any help

• Like 1

for automation you could use a seperate tank or water butt,

Get yourself a decent a float valve (attached to the NFT tank res)and some hose, secured to the water butt and the res

this way you can just dose the water butt to whatever you want and it will automatically fill the res when the water level drops..

i used this previously in a rdwc system, worked well,.

its about as simple as it gets

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stu914 said:

@Flamedodger

Have a look in my profile bud, couple of grow systems there that might give you some ideas.

Tag if I can help...:yep:

Cheers Stu, I’ll be setting something up for my veg space along the lines you use for keeping mums, so will defo tag you in 👍🏼

16 hours ago, badbillybob said:

for automation you could use a seperate tank or water butt

Not really got the space for another tank/butt and was looking at mixing the  nutes in the tank with dosers.

Cheers for all the replies. I’ll whack feeds to both spaces and cap them for future use. On reflection having an auto tank fill with no dosing system is pointless. Having a tap next to the 2 cabs will be a god send though 👍🏼

• Like 1

On 10/09/2024 at 18:26, Flamedodger said:

Best number of plants for the table? My corex is cut out for 6

Go for 6 👍

On 10/09/2024 at 19:51, Personunknown said:

Nft424 from a quick search they say 3-6 plants

3 if you want to veg and train for a bit or 6 with no veg.

I use 2 424's side by side fed from one 424 tank set 90 deg at the drippy end.   6 in each  👍

1.3 x 1.2 m space

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1