Starting over..more or less. It's been a long time.

withnail

Morning all.

It looks like there's a chance I'm going to be able to help someone set up a grow. Won't be at mine and I won't be able to check it all the time , but at least I can help see some plants grow !

So it's been over 10 years since I've grown, clearly lots have changed,especially with lights but I'm sure everything else as well.

I'm therefore looking for recommendations for both equipment and ease of growing method.It's going to to a compost grow, probably in a loft, in a 1m x 1m tent. Other than that I'm open to ideas/suggestions for a simple set up to encourage a new grower.

Cheers all.

• Like 10

:thumsup:

Must be a good feeling to have the chance to grow again, fingers crossed it comes into fruition. If you're looking for a hassle free soil method I dare say you'd do well with @blackpoolbouncers "low maintenance way". Clover compost (full peat none of that peat free/reduced peat rubbish) with blumat drippers and canna nutrients. Pretty much set and forget, makes life very simple. @growinggold and a few others use this method. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cambium said:

:band:

I mean it's not mine, but I'm definitely getting involved !! Closest I'll get for a year or so I reckon but that's good , I can make all my mistakes with their grow 😆

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

:thumsup:

Must be a good feeling to have the chance to grow again, fingers crossed it comes into fruition. If you're looking for a hassle free soil method I dare say you'd do well with @blackpoolbouncers "low maintenance way". Clover compost (full peat none of that peat free/reduced peat rubbish) with blumat drippers and canna nutrients. Pretty much set and forget, makes life very simple. @growinggold and a few others use this method. 

Brilliant thanks mate, exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for :yep:

• Like 1

Blumats are the shizz. Lights and fans are both loads better than 10 years ago. Panel the tent with thermal boards for winter if it's a vented loft. If it's a proper conversion it'll be loads easier. 

• Like 1

I can wholeheartedly recommend coco and perlite as a growing media. There's a lot of sub par compost about these days,ime. You can fertigate it multiple times daily,once a day or even every other day ,ime.

It's reusable ,almost impossible to over water and has much better/ quicker growth than in compost.The only down side is dealing with the run off. Stay away from the hydro shops and the feed can be sourced very inexpensively . 

• Like 1

I’d say keep coco just coco no perlite. And you can now feed coco once with pellets designed for cannabis so just plain water works with no runoff. 

controller 69pro and ac infinity for lights, extraction & oscillator fans 

• Like 2

And if security is tight, there’s always converting a regular old linen cupboard into a semi automatic micro grow. I can get 250g dry every 2.5 months from mine. 

large.IMG_2566.jpeg.99a805e5bdf893f62a866e5320cdb811.jpeg

and +1 on Blumats 

large.IMG_2594.jpeg.c70fd441ecd965b872cbc6600bfd310d.jpeg

• Like 4

Oh yeah, Biotabs. 

They're quite expensive and not as tried and tested as the low maintenance way, but if you wanted to do small pots with blumats and keep things organic I've seen some incredible results using the biotabs range. Easily the most hassle free way to grow organic weed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, withnail said:

I mean it's not mine, but I'm definitely getting involved !! Closest I'll get for a year or so I reckon but that's good , I can make all my mistakes with their grow 😆

It's a slippery slope of obsession. Next you'll be talking about getting a gg going on a roundabout and before you know it the lofts converted again and Mrs w is cursing the day she met you as she carts buckets of water up through the loft hatch lol

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, ukscroger said:

Blumats are the shizz. Lights and fans are both loads better than 10 years ago. Panel the tent with thermal boards for winter if it's a vented loft. If it's a proper conversion it'll be loads easier. 

Cheers mate, great help. Yeah We've talked about building something, that's what I did years ago and it helped with temps massively.

10 hours ago, Mr mcgregor said:

I can wholeheartedly recommend coco and perlite as a growing media. There's a lot of sub par compost about these days,ime. You can fertigate it multiple times daily,once a day or even every other day ,ime.

It's reusable ,almost impossible to over water and has much better/ quicker growth than in compost.The only down side is dealing with the run off. Stay away from the hydro shops and the feed can be sourced very inexpensively . 

9 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I’d say keep coco just coco no perlite. And you can now feed coco once with pellets designed for cannabis so just plain water works with no runoff. 

controller 69pro and ac infinity for lights, extraction & oscillator fans 

9 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Oh yeah, Biotabs. 

They're quite expensive and not as tried and tested as the low maintenance way, but if you wanted to do small pots with blumats and keep things organic I've seen some incredible results using the biotabs range. Easily the most hassle free way to grow organic weed. 

Cheers gents, hadn't really considered this, always assumed it'd be some sort of compost, lots to think about nice one :thumsup:

3 hours ago, Cambium said:

It's a slippery slope of obsession. Next you'll be talking about getting a gg going on a roundabout and before you know it the lofts converted again and Mrs w is cursing the day she met you as she carts buckets of water up through the loft hatch lol

Never am I carrying water up lofts ever again, I've already told the would-be growers I'm involved in an advisory capacity only, no manual labour. If I ever grow for myself again it'll be strictly ground floor/1st floor only.