Mexican Genetics

preparedfarmer

12 hours ago, preparedfarmer said:

Spam away! It’s all in good conversation. I was brought up on the border of Illinois and Indiana and there was always a steady supply of weed coming from Mexico, and likely other South and Central American countries. It would vary widely from brown, seeded compressed and weak, to beautiful emerald green, with vibrant orange and red hairs. The latter having smells ranging from fruity herbaceous to the elusive Skunk Spray smell. The effects would vary widely as well. Some “sleepy” some “creepy” and some would have you laughing so hard about the most mundane of things. You would also get extreme red eye and cotton mouth effects from these strains. 

i didn't read down in the thread enough.  

Yeah, US dude.  Same here.   your observations on variability of product are spot on.  I've discussed this with a cat that grew up in Dallas.  Naturally, Dallas being the size it is with close proximity to the border, they got it all as it came across.  My Dallas buddy tells me the pattern was so reliable, he was able to predict what would come and when.  We suspect the variability comes down to what cartel was growing what, in what location, at what time of the year.  He tells me some of it was beautifully processed pressed flowers that would rock your brain out and then some was clearly processed wet/in a rush etc.  Some times covered in mold, sometimes covered in trichomes that resembled diamond dust.  He would save and grow the seeds from the best ones.  All that work became a pretty notable strain for him in the late 90s/early 2000s, I believe.  

Anyhow, if you're still in the US, make the right friends and you'll come across it eventually.  It seems to be very tightly held and the people that have it will only share it with trustworthy, honorable people of good moral structure.  There's a lot of "preservation" mindset with the verified clean mexican lines I've come across, and they're pretty particular about who gets what.  I think the end goal is to try and stop the hybridization of it that's happened and is being presented as non-hybridized.  It all landed in my lap through a buddy who I respect, and I was told to hold it very close and give it to no one.  I don't generally operate that way, but I have to respect their wishes.  It's not my line to pass on to people. 

• Like 3