Silent Fan(S) for 240 x 120 Tent - Running 2 x 600 Watt LED Units

oldskool76

Good afternoon all,

I am looking for some recommendations for quality fans,  the cost is not an issue, but must be as quiet as possible.     1 for extraction, 1 for an intake.

Would Ideally be looking to control them with some kind of unit, I have a SMS dual fan controller from a few years back, but would purchase a better unit if recommended.

• Like 1

What size is the grow space?

AC Infinity does some pukka EC extraction fans and controllers for amazing value👍

Sorry my bad it's in the title :doh:

Yeah check out AC Infinity gear at their official UK distributor LED Grow Shop 👍

I'm not to great at the maths but they go upto 12inch S12 models, I think the S series ones are the better than T or at least that used to be the case, but seems the T series has made a return but not sure if they came with any improvements.

You can usually get the fan in a combo deal with the 69 Pro controller, there is a pro plus version of the 69 pro controller that has 8 ports if you think the 4 ports they normally come with won't be enough.

They also do some very nice EC clip on fans 👍

Edited by Military Grade

Check out Global Air Supplies stuff,

it is a bit more expensive than some others.

I have an Enviro V2 controlling a couple of fans and lights,

it can also handle heaters and AC or humidifiers and dehumidifiers,

no WiFi :) 

I've had to replace a squeaking AC Infinity 8" fan after just a couple of years use at moderate speeds,

my replacement choice was the Revolution Vector v2(silenced) 👍

I also use a GAS EC5 on a separate tent.

But that only controls fan speed in relation to set temperatures,

it doesn't monitor humidity.

Search for DC fans for air circulation.

The AC Infinity ones seem pretty good as a replacement for the crappy clip on fans that die just when your tent is full of bud.

I use a MEACO 1056 in one area and a Tornado 18" floor fan in the other flowering space.

Oversize your fans but reduce the carbon filter size to compensate for running at lower speeds.

Atb

☯️

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I think the S series ones are the better than T or at least that used to be the case, but seems the T series has made a return but not sure if they came with any improvements.

From my experience,

the S and T is a reference to the controller that comes with the fan,

there's no difference in the fans themselves.

Atb

☯️

• Like 1

If you have no budget and quiet is your end goal then you cant go too wrong with Systemair Revolution Vector V2. 

Get a fan larger than you need, then get a basic manual G.A.S fan speed controller for £35 and turn the fan down. 

Fit the fan as far away from ears as possible and use Phonic Trap ducting all the way. 

The more you turn a fan a down the quieter it gets. So if you need a 6" fan get an 8" and turn it down to 75%, or go even higher with a 10" and turn it down to 50% which will be almost silent operating. But obviously these numbers aren't exact, you'd need to know the amount of air your moving in the two tents your considering.

I run a 12" Systemair myself which is turned down to between 40% - 65% give or take lights being on or off and I cant hear a thing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

From my experience,

the S and T is a reference to the controller that comes with the fan,

there's no difference in the fans themselves.

Atb

☯️

Yeah I knew that, the T series controller was originally designed for bathrooms and kitchen and fully turned off when in off mode. But they completely disappeared for awhile but now seemed to have been re released so I'm not 100% sure of their current situation regarding the T series controller 👍

Just for context I was referring to the combo bundle names.

Edited by Military Grade

I got a T series AC infinity a couple of years ago (the S ones were out of stock). Kinda glad they were now, the T series controller is far superior, controlling temperature/humidity/speed with settings to auto ramp up or down depending on your settings/enviro.

The S series controller only controls the speed.

Double bonus as I managed to get it for the same price :yahoo:

Maybe send them a vid of your squeaky fan @Shumroom they certainly sorted the gen1 'CloudRay' customers out :yep: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

I got a T series AC infinity a couple of years ago (the S ones were out of stock). Kinda glad they were now, the T series controller is far superior, controlling temperature/humidity/speed with settings to auto ramp up or down depending on your settings/enviro.

The S series controller only controls the speed.

Double bonus as I managed to get it for the same price :yahoo:

The S series has always done temperature, humidity, VPD, power and speed, and has extra settings for buffering.

Edited by Military Grade

** previous post is requiring to be approved so is hidden lol **

The original T series came with the u-controller529 (model: AC-UNC529)

large.IMG_20240909_160537.jpg.8b91e81a1b0d3f39eeef87a47158ad61.jpg

large.IMG_20240909_160716.jpg.55b52f0117689253756748ba140f4e59.jpg

large.IMG_20240909_160814.jpg.e6e8236534cc4860954a3b478b960523.jpglarge.IMG_20240909_160850.jpg.1a4d545f030462fd7d219088c7f8dd4e.jpglarge.IMG_20240909_160908.jpg.3cb6fe958479077630aef947e9b516ad.jpglarge.IMG_20240909_160923.jpg.5878e2491b5b52445a6db56d8da7bd6d.jpglarge.IMG_20240909_160943.jpg.b39beeafa2eb9afdaf95952c50f64ad9.jpglarge.IMG_20240909_161006.jpg.de2d46b4b5de89f29f28597c5f0c8bbf.jpg

Nice piece of kit for intake/extraction :yep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

I'm not 100% sure of their current situation regarding the T series controller 👍

I'm often wrong but I'm pretty sure the T series now comes with a 67 or a 69, I checked a while back to see if they'd sorted out the controller issues and I remember that they had. 

• Like 2

Just checked again on their website, it says it comes with a 69 pro now. So yeah no point buying an s4 and a 69 pro anymore, just get the T4 combo.

Edit, or T5/8/10/12 etc. 

Or something better of course, If money was no option I'd probably be going for something else myself. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MindSoup  Nice one 👍

I've been pondering if to get a Pro plus for the extra ports down the line, I wonder if you can run two Cloudray-s6's off one port with a simple PC adapter :g:

Edited by Military Grade
Wrong word