Hash It Wasn't

Rigsby

So the other day I got offered what the seller described as "Hash and cracking stuff". Mmm I though, haven't had any good stuff in years.

Got home after paying £30 1/4 and when I opened it up from the countless layers of clingfilm, it was more like "Squidgy".

Very soft and had an uncanny smell of engine oil. I didn't have any but gave some to a local Fet-Head and he said it was a

nice and relaxing smoke.

Would people use such oils or is it me being way too cautious and it was maybe some other oily smell?

If I hadn't have been pissed I would have checked it there and then.....but we live and learn.

Engine oil been in hash for a while now .... 1st time I came across it, I stopped buying hash ... I was a big hash fan in the 80s till it all went to crap .... good move not to smoke it :hippy:

• Like 1

yes, unfortunately your best bet for proper hash these days is rotterdam or amsterdam coffee shops.

or at source in morocco/hindu kush/pakistan/india/afghanistan etc

• Like 1

Especially hard to get traditional beldias and king hassan now, plenty hash coming out of Morocco, but it's mostly from modern hybrids.

What I miss the most is real afghan black, the taste, smell and stone gave me some of my best smokes.

Edited by grotbags
  • Like 7

i used to smoke nothing but hash, in the days before flower took off. .

my favourites were nepalese and some hash i scored in the SW of India, it was so beautiful i could have smoked it forever.

god i miss decent hash

• Like 9

4 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Engine oil been in hash for a while now .... 1st time I came across it,

we used to see soapbar called "diesel" in the early 80's

apparently it was smuggled inside truck diesel tanks and had taken on the aroma and if it burned with a blue flame it was the top gear 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'd have blazed it without a 2nd thought just for the nostalgia....smoked squidgy hash that wernt hash for a good period of time back in the day

Did almost pick a few zs up a little while ago for next to nothing but price ended up going up "because it's Ramadan" needless to say he got told to piss off

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I sometimes think I rose tint it, its been a while, but...nah. Miss it too. The nice stuff, anyway. Think I caught the tail end, 88/89 onwards.

ETA

As we being nostalgic:

There was a Charas I smoked in Amsterdam with a guy I'd meet to get wasted with, go to a place called 'club 11' (gone now) if not too high, about 02/03 (I dunno).... The flavour of that will stay with me forever. I forget where he got it - mebbe a guy at Grey Area who used a site, old hippy type, but it's vague..... that was so so flavoursome, oh the smell, beautiful high.... I'd swap a Kidney for a supply of that Charas. Seem to remember he paid a fortune for it.

Think we just melted in Kadinski's that time. heh. I liked that bar.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 4

I did have a smoke of it last night but it never burned like it used to years ago or taste.

That's it then. Next time I'm offered.....Check the stuff. But I'm guessing there is no chance of 

getting any good stuff in the uk now....

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Could try making your own mate 👍

I was thinking about that. Might give it a try when my Ggrow is ready.

Any good tuts showing you how to make it?

• Like 2

@Rigsby I've only made very basic hash from grinder kief and a small hash press, I did try the hot wine bottle method once but I couldn't get it to work, in short my hash making skills are basically zero sadly.

That being said I've still enjoyed my basic hash, much cleaner than the crap I was smoking in the late 90s/00's 👍

I actually got my hash press free with my £6.99 metal kief grinder years ago on Amazon, bargain🥳

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rigsby said:

I was thinking about that. Might give it a try when my Ggrow is ready.

Any good tuts showing you how to make it?

Look for french cannoli (rip).

What he doesn't know ain't worth knowing. Really knowledgeable.

I love making and vaping hash. To make anything decent you need some equipment. I use bubble bags or screens. Bags are cheap and easy and can produce some fantastic bubble. With this I either use the above mentioned hot bottle pressing to make traditional or I convert to bh rosin using plates and a press.

I've also got a set of medium screens from skunksifters (who seem to have folded as a company). Or you can make some.

Different tech and one I've yet to really get to grips with (static tech to refine the output) but you can quickly and easily produce great results, if not full melt. More like old school hash I caught the end of late 80's early 90's before that crap soap arrived.

As Ive yet to get the purity I want from screens this tends to go to hash (not pressed). Really flavourful.

I vape all my herb/concentrate and finding a decent vape to handle hash can be a challenge but there are several that excel if you lean that way. I do miss a decent hash spliff though....

Good luck.....

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Look for french cannoli (rip).

What he doesn't know ain't worth knowing. Really knowledgeable.

He was awesome, his family are still carrying on his work.

https://frenchycannoli.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hash is still here. It's the usual "you must be in the know". I'm old enough to know (62) a lot of old school hash smokers. I scored some Blonde Lebanese recently, whilst not cheap, was outstanding. I can usually get Black, sometimes lovely Charas from India or standard Pakistan. I generally have a good stash to smoke and it comes out when we fancy an alternative to weed. 

• Like 4