2ft x 2ft on a budget

Brother B

Right guys I want to join in on the indoor antics , I have a prop tent 2 ft x 2 ft I want to use as I'm limited on height.

I have a 4 inch mammoth carbon filter kit also.

For the best bang for buck what's the cheapest but best kit I'd need?

Fan for inside tent

LED lights

Anything else ?? I'd like to grow 2 or 3 plants 2 for sure ! 

Any advice please 🙏 

• Like 1

If you want a SCROG net then try ebay, their usually decent priced ones with free delivery 👍

How tall is this prop tent?

@Military Grade about 90 cm high iirc.

Could I get away using a led board and a 4 inch extraction for a 2 plant set up or would I need to get a better filter set and clip on fan .

Edited by Brother B
  • Like 1

@Brother B  That's pretty low but still do able, but as i'm not experienced at the grows sizes that small i'll let ones of the guys who grow in tiny spaces give the advice, there's a few of them on here too so you should be able to get some cracking advice 👍

Scrogging is the way forward in a small space - below a few grows from my small drobe which was about 60cm x 60cm and 90cm - you should be able to pull 200g from the space and its possible to get more

large.sd-day61.jpg.134d7d9e51b5e75c8d802f3ed7ec9eb4.jpggallery_40306_4554_101256.jpg

large.db-scrog-d61.jpg.6034a613c147dbb95853a6c2a5c4474b.jpg

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@highgrower

This is like mine , I think 3 at a pish or 2 slightly bigger , just a little winter crop, do u use a ec fan ect and filter or do u use a carbon filter and a led light?

I stopped using a fan inside the drobe for more space and only had an extractor fan with carbon filter but it was over powered so there was plenty of air movement.  I had a 250w hps in there for years and upgraded to a 220w led for a number of years too.

If you want a cheap light  then DIY is the way forward. It's on a different forum, but if you search for "cheap LED strips: a viable alternative" you'll find a thread that teaches you to build a light that's about 50p a watt maybe less, it's pretty simple stuff. All white diodes as well which is best for bud quality and keeping the plants squat, think they have a pretty low hanging height as well so probably the best option for lighting your space. You'll want about 120-160 watts. 

I run Eluteng 12 volt 1 amp  PC type fans, they're not always available but there's other brands out there, the 12v is the bit that matters most, USB powered ones are underpowered. 

Also my biggest tip for growing with a low ceiling, use washing up bowls instead of pots, or really just wide shallow pots instead of tall narrow ones, every mm counts. 

Have a look through the diaries in my signature, you'll see what's possible if things go well and plenty of what not to do's lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2