AC Infinity s6 Cloudray fans

JohnBudman

Just come across these. Sick to death of buying 6” oscillating fans that break every run or 2. £60 for a little fan seems a bit ridiculous tbh but I’m willing to pay it if it means I can buy once and not have to worry about it again. Any long term users on here? Are they built to last?

• Like 1

I know there have been issues for some with the oscillation on the 1st release and they’re on version 2 now. Probably too early to say for long term reliability. There’s a massive thread about them here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been using a first generation one constantly for about 2 years and aside from the clicking noise that the early ones tend to make (all in the thread yan shared) it’s been very reliable, moves a decent amount of air very efficiently and runs much quieter when oscillating  than any of the static £25 fans I kept replacing every other month . I would not hesitate to buy it again and have full intention of getting a second as and when I upgrade my grow space.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for that @yan. I did do a search before posting but that thread didn’t come up for some reason. I’ve always found the search on here to be not very good so I used to just use google and type uk420 after what I wanted to search but since the forum upgrade it no longer takes me to the thread pages when I click on the google link and instead just brings up the home page. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your input @CuriousOrange That’s good to hear

• Like 2

Yeah the same now happens to me with the Google search. I’m getting better at using the forum search and navigation now though. 

I bought a Gen 2 a few days ago. It's looking and sounding good straight out of the box.

The only thing I would change is to have the LED indicator of speed and oscillate range on the front. Unless it is on a controller, it seems pretty awkward to adjust blind, once installed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good reliable fans to have in your tent .... The Gen 2 is much better than the Gen 1 .... the Gen 2 oscillation function enables you to adjust the swing from side to side ....

@MidgeSmith is right about it being a pain in the ass to adjust once installed .... controller and app is a good idea .... that'll put your budget up over 100 quid, but it is worth it :smokin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for the replies. I’ve rolled the dice this morning and ordered a twin pack for £115 posted 🤞 I’ll see if I can manage without shelling out for a controller first but sounds like that’ll be my next purchase!

• Like 2

I’ve got 2 tents in different rooms. If I get on with these fans I’ll be buying another twin pack for the 2nd tent. Would one of those controllers do both rooms or will I need to get one for each?

• Like 2

Controller has 4 ports for 4 devices ..... pop over to the AC forum .... got plenty of guys geeking out with what these controllers can do ...:smokin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

Controller has 4 ports for 4 devices ..... pop over to the AC forum .... got plenty of guys geeking out with what these controllers can do ...:smokin:

Dude, does the AC 69 have an input suitable for my S4 Extractor as well as those USB C style inputs?

If it does, I guess I will have to upgrade from the AC67 to the AC69.  If not, do I have to use both controllers at the same time, or is there a more elegant solution?

Cheers!

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

Dude, does the AC 69 have an input suitable for my S4 Extractor as well as those USB C style inputs?

Don't see why not .... my 69 does ... mine's only bluetooth (cheaper) :smokin:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

Don't see why not .... my 69 does ... mine's only bluetooth (cheaper) :smokin:

So the AC 69 has Molex connectors AND USB C?  I'm not sure my wifi would reach the shed anyway, I can just about get bluetooth if I hold my phone on the window nearest the outbuilding :)

• Like 2

The I have the 69 and 69 pro, both take the Type C connection 👍

There is a Pro Plus that has 8 ports 😮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MidgeSmith said:

So the AC 69 has Molex connectors AND USB C?

They only have the Type C ports, did your S4 come with a adapter like mine Molex to Type C? Mine uses that adapter i think is due to the extraction fans coming out a fair bit before the controllers, i believe the new ones come with type c already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1