Chelato

Crow River

Apologies in advance if there's already a mega-thread on this strain, and I've missed it. 

I seem to have seen a few people on here growing Chelato, and giving very positive opinions on the strain. It's one of only a few feminised subbies I've been lucky to get hold of. Thinking about growing some outdoors next season. Only worry is it's not particularly fast, and I'm quite far north. So may not finish. But I'd also maybe give it a try indoors eventually.

Anyone got views on these beans? Did you grow them and how was the experience? Different phenos appearing or is it fairly uniform? Flowering time? Any issues? Just trying to get a more detailed picture of the strain.

• Like 2

I think i was the first person on here to grow them out in a diray, I've grown one seed at a time twice both indoors.

The first one was a very strong Cheesy leaning pheno like 90% of the terpene profile was pungent Clone only Cheese from back in the day, when trimming my home and probably half the street smelt of Cheese like crazy and took a lot of effort to deodar my bedroom lol, It was very strong in effects too.

finished in about 9 weeks if i remember right

large.20210422_185727.jpg.87e06132dc794b

Link to that diary, Excuse my noobie growing lol

Then there's the second time i grew a bean, this time round i got a Strawberry Ice Cream pheno, funny thing is when i trimmed this after drying it didn't smell particularly special but after 2 weeks of curing it was very special. I think this pheno was done in about 10.5 weeks.

Sorry don't have a pic closer to harvest

large.20230925_212859.jpg.4e71f04027e9f2

Branches needed a little support near the end

large.20230930_021436.jpg.886870e592f6d4

Link to Short Veg Summer Experiment dairy

Hope this helps👍, @4kali did a fabulous job with these 👏

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Grew one plant last year outdoors it grew very tall and vine like needed a lot of support the plant was very dark green not really big buds but loaded with lots of hard smaller nugs didn't loose one bit to rot chopped her beginning of October she was very skunky/dank almost obscene harvested 310 grams from her and am glad I still have a couple jars one is in the freezer for long term storage I smoke a joint of her every day at lunch break and she gets me just as high as the first time a very nice smoke still got nine seeds left hope there is another like her amongst them wished I would have saved a cut from her if I would have only known Give her a go don't think you will be disappointed 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1