New push for legalization

phenom

12 hours ago, phenom said:

I have just got a message back from the Lib Dem party and they have said IF we can think of a new campaign for legalization/ regulated cannabis they will support us BUT it needs a new idea 

My idea is that the LibDems stop bungee jumping and start thinking of ideas of their own and I might even vote for them.

• Like 1

Aye, the way politics is supposed to work is that they're supposed to come up with the ideas and campaign in order to gain our support, not the other way round.

E2A It does baffle me (Starmer's pathological authoritarianism aside) that given the state of the economy, the backlash against the decision to make the winter fuel payments for pensioners means tested (which, although people are up in arms about it, I think is fair enough, perhaps the level they set was wrong but I see no fairness in giving pensioners with massive private pensions money they don't need that other people do), the state of the NHS etc that nobody in the Labour party appears to have considered the HUGE amount of money legal, taxed cannabis would make for the public purse, it really could turn the potential for economic disaster under Labour (albeit caused by years of tory misrule) into a huge win. But nobody that matters seems to have the intellectual capacity or common sense to work that out, they're all too stuck in prohibitionist thinking instead of thinking about what's best for everyone :headpain:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Fuck those prescriptions.... fuck em fuck em fuck em.

(at the same time when do we get perfect choices, life is more about dilemmas -  we have to do what we have to do...so no criticism on individuals here)

@phenom I know I bring my own records to this party, and my words can seem strong.... Just want to encourage you to play your own, is all....they will say anything to get power, and that email was about using you rather than helping you, imho.... Needy, ignorant, petty fucks when not smiling for the camera... Most of them don't really know how it works, specially when new.

Some will have good intentions, mind. I'm generalising. Still...its best to treat those that seek power with suspicion, I say; scepticism with all the things, especially those we believe the most.

Sorry to go on before. :hippy:

Sing with me? ;)

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

4 hours ago, Boojum said:

Aye, the way politics is supposed to work is that they're supposed to come up with the ideas and campaign in order to gain our support, not the other way round.

E2A It does baffle me (Starmer's pathological authoritarianism aside) that given the state of the economy, the backlash against the decision to make the winter fuel payments for pensioners means tested (which, although people are up in arms about it, I think is fair enough, perhaps the level they set was wrong but I see no fairness in giving pensioners with massive private pensions money they don't need that other people do), the state of the NHS etc that nobody in the Labour party appears to have considered the HUGE amount of money legal, taxed cannabis would make for the public purse, it really could turn the potential for economic disaster under Labour (albeit caused by years of tory misrule) into a huge win. But nobody that matters seems to have the intellectual capacity or common sense to work that out, they're all too stuck in prohibitionist thinking instead of thinking about what's best for everyone :headpain:

Yes, it's mad as I pointed out similar points in an earlier post about recent stuff on the news.  They could address modern slavery, people trafficking, Albanian gangs, money black hole, prison capacity all at the same time by being brave enough to re-legalise. I'm not sure if it's the prohibitionist thinking alone holding this progression back or just deep layers of corruption.  Oh I forgot strain on the NHS too.. five birds with one stone. 

• Like 1

Legalisation is it lol product earth went well Saturday didn’t it lol that was a high profile exhibition that got shut down due to cannabis use indoors lol I’d rather be an outlaw than told what I can grow legally.  Maybe they will allow one plant in a 40x40cm space with candles , careful what you lobby for 

• Like 3

We all just found the current bunch of self serving cunts would rather take money off the old and needy than tax the rich or legalise weed. It’s a dirty corrupt system where they fkn tell us what we’re allowed to put in our bodies?! 

fuck’em 

2 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

got shut down due to cannabis use indoors lol 

So they say. Funny how that happens regularly at the venue and only now is it an issue.. 

I'd imagine they would be more pissed at the open sale of illegal substances by vendors endorsed by the event.

But regardless of that, a day before the event they posted their drug policy. People freaked out only for PE to start liking and reposting content telling people to chill and read between the lines, business as usual!

Ha, sure thing. They not only took the non medical weed that they could find, but also dab rigs with residue in..Just to sell those same people over priced shit back inside.

One word for them. Cunts.

I'm sure they'll be back next year, I hope the community doesn't forgive and forget so easily.

A great example of legislation making things worse for our small rebel community imo.

• Like 1

If ever weed gets legalised over here it'll be due to the government looking for money, not them giving a fuck about us... and why bother with that when they're already making whacks of it selling green around the world.

I'll be happy to be surprised like but I won't be holding my breath.  Meanwhile I'll just grow my own and keep myself to myself.  Not overly keen on having my name on any kind of watch list.

• Like 1

Tbh with product earth I expected people to get robbed if they went to the suggested camp site.  Drumsheds is a tight venue I know someone working there got shit for a smoke break outside lol  I bet it was funny when they realised he was key to the sound working lol 

• Haha 1