New push for legalization

phenom

Yep, legal now for those with money and legal for those with obscene amounts to grow it and sell it, when folk with tighter budgets and genuine medical need are the 'criminals'.  Until the harm maximisation racket is busted and ended we have to wait. 

It's comedy though watching the re-legalised countries tide's turning in on the UK. Massive suitcases being trundled in all the time, loads of edibles everywhere. We're seeing some of the wider change and the old laws and corruption just look more and more absurd to an ever increasing and less trusting of gov general public. 

The other day, on one news outlet I saw an article about prisons being full, and article about Albanian cannabis gangs and an article on the x number of billions black hole.  If there was no corruption, then these dots would be joined in no time at all, it's a no brainer! Just goes to show how deep the bentness must run.  Chin up, know you do no wrong and carry on is all that can be done, en masse and be proud and outspoken if you end up persecuted in any way.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JamieThePainter said:

I can easily see a "Stoners funded by Putin seek to cripple MP email accounts" headline from it in an effort to justify our government's current stance on the ganja.  Then linking that "attack" to UK420?  Probably not a good move to be fair with you.

Really? You think he alone could do this, and there's folk many on here with even a whiff of an activist mindset? :D I don't.....eg: back in the pandemic they all said my oldest would be locked up for doing pretty chalk drawings in the park. Guess what? She wasn't...it started a thing, and a lot of the young kids went out there and made it really pretty (untill it rained)

They (MPs) get a bunch of abuse daily, is my bet, and it'd get automated to spam....it's probably the same platform this site is on now, but tighter as its Big G, and it's massive - few users pressing send aint doing shit.... He's not a technical person, so DOS/DDOS (which would get attention) isn't at all what he's saying. It's a cry of frustration man...that's all.

@phenom As we have discussed in pm, this is bit of a dead end. But I encourage you to suck up this vibe in this thread, and it make you stronger and more resolved ("you can't do it" is a red rag to bull to some - be one). If you believe it it, let  the naysayers and chicken likens do that for you. Onwards mate. Keep scheming.

Huge chance of losing, as long as you don't give your freedom too easy, is no reason not to keep trying.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Thanks 1

Government are talking about banning smoking in pup beer gardens!

Not sure we will see recreational coffee shops any time soon.

33 minutes ago, smokinggolden said:

Government are talking about banning smoking in pup beer gardens!

Mate works for a few, and I'mn around it a lot.... When stoners skin up, if they hang around in the garden near the door (the main door), doorman will politely show them the exact line where the paving changes - and let them know he has to move them cos licence shit. But if they stand 1" past it...they're ignored. Cos they're just one of many. They come back and carry on drinking.

Other one is a street scene...outside the barriers. The stoners sit in the doorways...just there. They don't act paranoid nor anything, cos no fucker cares round here.

There's law, and there's life. It's not the 70's.

ETA

I accept I'm in a city, and it's got a bit of fuck off to it. But is it really still so bad where you users are? It's...no fucker cares.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

I don’t believe it will ever be legalised in this country, there’s to much historic demonisation of it by government and the media. 

The only hope I have is that someone push’s something through under the human rights act.  Everybody should have the right to grow their own medication if they choose to. They shouldn’t be forced to dealers when they can’t afford prescriptions. 

Decriminalisation for homegrown up to four plants and personal consumption on your own property is what I’m holding out for, might be a pipe dream but seems the most logical push for me. 

On 07/09/2024 at 18:54, j.o.i.n.t said:

Really? You think he alone could do this, and there's folk many on here with even a whiff of an activist mindset?

No, not at all, I was going on the "best case" scenario where we all joined in on the action and the government actually gave a tin fuck about it.  I doubt any substantial number of us would join up to this move and I also doubt any actions would be noticed by the government, nevermind acted on.

• Like 1

@JamieThePainter :yes: .....mebbe the fact we're poodles to the USA, mind, might see us eventually move towards personal use being decriminalised... But I suppose that depends on if we're more like the states that have decriminalised it vs those that haven't (big place, varied). All I've seen so far is here, though, is I'm going to moan about how much we're being rinsed for profit as usual. Prescriptions, from what I have picked up, aren't much use to folk who are broke are they...which when sick/disabled, fixed income that's too low given current prices....what good is it, if it's like that..... So I've not been a fan of it on principal.

To go full circle (repeat myself), there's more pleasure in ignoring their shite (and getting away with it) anyway, I think.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

@j.o.i.n.t I'm genuinely surprised Labour didn't join the SNPs free prescription model... we're going to feel it bad up here when they whip that rug out from under us.  Having to choose between eating and getting your medication is a choice any government should feel ashamed for having given its population.

Edited by JamieThePainter
  • Like 2

@JamieThePainterNeeds doing (us matching yous re prescription, not other way round). But, perhaps we should take into account the fact the Tories, last time, fucked industry - they were busy with that. This time they fucked everything else....and don't get me started on the English 😛

To be generous (they don't represent me), it might be about the difficulty of knowing where to start. When there's many things fucked, what you do? Spin the bottle?

There has been change in terms of cannabis, in terms of the application of the law (thinking back over my time of being a stoner), I think - and some forces are trying to leave carers alone, and kids with as spliff etc (it's a money/prison place thing!).... But it's like life expectancies, to me; when you needle in it's mostly for those who are 'acceptable' that are doing better under it, that are gaining.... If you not in the 'correct' demographic, they'll still fuck with you. There's bullshit like this everywhere, one rule emerges for some and for another....fuck em.

I was all 'hope', but have been dissapointed so far. The budget, that is my 'blue touch paper'.

Have you considered, J, we could do it without Them? :)

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
de bolloxing it a bit
  • Like 1

@latigid aikon I'm just pleased he wore camo, in the video I watched.... When trying to use profiling to our advantage at demos (police are twats sometimes), in the past, folk who wear the 'anarchist uniform' like that have enabled some proper joy. Profiling can be an advantage - if you have a lilly white, fully aware and willing, legally aware person who likes playing dress up....all eyes on them! lol

They'll leave the (min wage!) staff alone then. Too busy with the profiled one; tunnel vision....it was just a punt.

Fucking worked :D Activism can be really good fun!

Nice one, uniform wearers. Keep it up. You enable us.

PS.

Will be sharing that link and asking for knowledgeable feedback, just for interests sake.... Liked the tooth one 👍

@phenom all legal :) ;) You could use the 'uno reverse', too. You have advantages over us in that regard, if you think about it.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

asking for knowledgeable feedback

Let me know if you get any...

• Like 1

@latigid aikon I ain't no medical person, and it wont be a post it'll be a conversation in a pub... so it'll be a loose 'omfg, thats dangerous', or...'yeah, whatever'.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

I have just got a message back from the Lib Dem party and they have said IF we can think of a new campaign for legalization/ regulated cannabis they will support us BUT it needs a new idea 

@phenom So it's permission you seek?

Go for forgiveness, man, in the unlikely event They get you (use a carbon filter, they won't).... In this systemic climate they'd not bother with you if it was percy. If you are typing this with your arms and hands you can grow.

You wrote money is a problem. It can be basic - as an investment it makes weed cheap as chips (ish)

The problem you face isn't the law.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t