New push for legalization

phenom

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

Even if Starmer wasn't an authoritarian (which he absolutely is, more than anything else) I think now, with all the other shit going on, is a particularly bad time for any group to be putting their heads above the parapet. Particularly engaging in something that could be spun as 'cyberterrorism'. I think now's the time for keeping a low profile.

@Boojum so when is a good time nothing has been done for years and after medical cannabis was brought in 2018 what has changed NOTHING 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieThePainter said:

Not interested in giving the government a list of people to investigate tbf.  Feel free, by all means, but I'll sit this one out.

If you use a different email address and the list in question is a list of MPs which we work down sending them a set out worded letters followed by news outlets. 

@phenom Different email addresses can be traced.  The internet is nowhere near as anonymous as you might think it is.  Good luck!

The best way in my humble opinion to get it legalised is to push for medical cannabis to be on the NHS under normal prescriptions charges 

It will then cost the government a small fortune so they will either make it legal or stop medical cannabis.

If all of us who have a prescription exercise our right to take cannabis in public as we do with other prescription medication ie asthma inhaler.

When challenged know your right explain the equalities act How stopping you would be discrimination.

Eventually landlords public officials will get pissed off and leave users of herb in peace.

• Like 1

How many more years do we wait ? Do we wait for another government who Tories what IF labour get back in what about if we try in 2035 how can we want things to change if we we don't try look at Junior doctors Payrise trains operators Payrise all I am saying we need to try and with other countries which have doing it and news outlets getting the same letter as mps that would get attention. The Lib Dems said they would decriminalise cannabis if they got in so if we can them or the green party we have tried petitions, marches, + loads more i haven't heard anyone else doing anything who is going to try. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splifi said:

The best way in my humble opinion to get it legalised is to push for medical cannabis to be on the NHS under normal prescriptions charges 

It will then cost the government a small fortune so they will either make it legal or stop medical cannabis.

If all of us who have a prescription exercise our right to take cannabis in public as we do with other prescription medication ie asthma inhaler.

When challenged know your right explain the equalities act How stopping you would be discrimination.

Eventually landlords public officials will get pissed off and leave users of herb in peace.

I am disabled and CANNOT offered private prescriptions me and my wife cannot afford to pay our bills so if you can afford it then I'm all right jack and people that CANNOT offered it then tuff is that it ? 

5 minutes ago, phenom said:

I am disabled and CANNOT offered private prescriptions me and my wife cannot afford to pay our bills so if you can afford it then I'm all right jack and people that CANNOT offered it then tuff is that it ? 

Why are you getting upset and shouting?

When all I said

"to push for medical cannabis to be on the NHS under normal prescriptions charges "

Would that not help you in your situation?

It is not alright jack

I am disabled and had to pack in work due to my mental health and to look after my wife who is house bound  partially sighted  with hearing problems.

So I can empathise where you are coming from but you seem adamant your way that has been tried and failed many times is the only way to legalise cannabis 

good luck 

I

53 minutes ago, splifi said:

This shows its NOT we a community it's I can afford private prescriptions and if changed we will campaign for everyone else BUT don't know when mine is the community working together something we ALL agree with as a start. 

What is it that you're hoping to achieve with this?  Mps won't just give in after having their emails spammed for a few days and the newspapers will only report what a pest a handful of stoners had been and that's not exactly brilliant publicity.

Your hearts in the right place but I think your target is wrong.  Educating the public is how you win this, not spamming people's email accounts.

Edited by JamieThePainter
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, phenom said:

This shows its NOT we a community it's I can afford private prescriptions and if changed we will campaign for everyone else BUT don't know when mine is the community working together something we ALL agree with as a start. 

You seem to have an opinion on me with out knowing me some may call it prejudice

So if I told you I sold personal belongings to obtain the money for a prescription would you think any differently?

Personally I don't care 

As I do not want to be  not a member of your community that is prejudicious.

I need the prescription to preserve my driving licence that is a life line for my wife to get to medical appointments etc

would that change your prejudice?

I need cannabis to help my autism I have self medicated for 40 years grown for 10 plus years had a prescription for less then 6 months

So I am on your side but

If you write to MPs with this attitude they will ignore you 

I am not a rich man just a peaceful man who take every one equally 

Peace 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Vicfirth12 said:

It is legal is you’re after medical. Expect that to be as good as it gets. We’ve already taken the olive branch in the only way we would ever have it offered.

I think you are right but the chance of getting anything better than Sativex is unlikely. We have tried. It's much easier to buy it off the street (unfortunately) you could get some coke whilst your at it, if you wanted to. Or, I dunno, grow some yourself.

Or legalize it, but I'll be pushing up daisies by then.

Edited by Lux_Interior
  • Like 2

What is it you hope to achieve by " legalisation".......?

Be the change you want to see. Be proactive and Grow your Own. There's plenty of inexpensive seeds available by subscribing here. And you can grow more than enough for personal consumption for as little as £20 per week,I do !

If your after an hand out .......can't help you with that,but an hand up.........it's all here for you. Don't waste your life dreaming start scheming.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phenom said:

@Boojum so when is a good time

I don't know man, I just don't think now, with all the far-right rioting shit going on, is a time to be drawing attention to ourselves. Starmer will be looking to make an example to demonstrate his 'law an order' credentials and we've always been an easy target - like I said previously in times of civil uncertainty we are always convenient scapegoats, from the hippies in the 60s to the ravers and the criminal justice bill. And despite some people not taking the idea seriously I genuinely do believe something like an email bombing campaign designed to crash servers would be spun to 'cyberterrorism', because that's simply too good an opportunity for an authoritarian to pass up.

• Like 1

Personally I really like these posts and the effort, enthusiasm ( maybe ingenuity)  of some of us trying to change things.

The attitude where nothing will change ( which is against any physics law) is what concern me the most, althought it is also fascinating.

The path to change things need to be careful considered and probably the way to follow isn't what we want or expect.

Any "sabotage" " attach" " provocation" are probably the way not to go. Or at lease the ones that are proved less effective or contro productive.

Broken heart, compassion, empathy works better?....

How cannabis for recreational become legal in USA? Why cannabis is legal for medical use in UK ( and lot of other countries, but not all)?

Why are the law about decriminalisation and despenalisation ( does it exist this word) still the same? ( Those probably won't change easily)

What make in 2004-2009 cannabis a class c ?

Do we need another Billy and Alfie?

Maybe with more serious consequences?

Patients using medical cannabis in 2020 were 3,500. After 4 years are over 30,000.

What will happen when the patients will be 300,000 or 3 millions ( average cannabis user in UK?) but only 50% could afford it?

NHS is in crisis and won't improve it.

In 10 years the sanitary system in this country will be as USA ( you pay you live, you are poor.... Good luck).This won't improve.

Cannabis is already legal in the UK for those with money isnt?

You can smoke/vape legally flower, tincture,oil....

Prices are not bad, variety increasing and price governamental adjusted to speculate on it.

Are we looking at:

- Canada ( what I like the most currently)

- USA

- Netherlad

- Spain  ( is it any good?)

- Portugal ( one of my favourite for despenalisation)

- Uruguay

- Thailand

Which is the "legal" example we are looking or conside more close to our wishes?

... ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boojum said:

I genuinely do believe something like an email bombing campaign designed to crash servers would be spun to 'cyberterrorism', because that's simply too good an opportunity for an authoritarian to pass up.

I can easily see a "Stoners funded by Putin seek to cripple MP email accounts" headline from it in an effort to justify our government's current stance on the ganja.  Then linking that "attack" to UK420?  Probably not a good move to be fair with you.

• Like 3