Loudest strains and best strains for ice hash in 2024?

ukscroger

Please give me some suggestions for the most pongy funky flowers and some good washers for ice hash please?

I have HSC golden sands for the next run and would like some other ideas.

• Like 2

I'm interested too - I want to try a bubble hash run this time.

Not sure if you need a specific pheno or if generally some cultivars just wash better based on trichome structure - I'll bet there's some trial and error there. Just from dry sifting I know there's a big difference based on the trichs and could probably guess a good washer from a good sifter maybe?

• Like 1

I got given a gram or two of my mates full melt ghetto bubble the other day, loud doesn't even come close.

Shame it had no high to it lol

ETA: I've just bought some hispar and hopar valley landrace Pakistani from rsc for making hash with, probably much better suited than modern hybrids.

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 3

Some shameless self promotion here but Dog Biscuits from Eves seeds in the site store. It’s chemd x animal biscuits and I’ve not had one yet that doesn’t wash well. ChemD was my favorite one for bubble and the dog biscuits is carrying that along. The flavors range from some funky Chem/og types to some sweeter OG and cookie flavors.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Vicfirth12 said:

Some shameless self promotion here but Dog Biscuits from Eves seeds in the site store. It’s chemd x animal biscuits and I’ve not had one yet that doesn’t wash well. ChemD was my favorite one for bubble and the dog biscuits is carrying that along. The flavors range from some funky Chem/og types to some sweeter OG and cookie flavors.

Cheers for the recommendation. CSI's chem was on the list but I'd rather support the site and his beans are quite expensive in the UK. I can't see anything in the store other than subscriptions. I thought there wasn't a store anymore.

My pack of HSCs golden sands arrived and the beans look a bit shit to be honest. Dog Biscuits is a fantastic name

2 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

I'm interested too - I want to try a bubble hash run this time.

Not sure if you need a specific pheno or if generally some cultivars just wash better based on trichome structure - I'll bet there's some trial and error there. Just from dry sifting I know there's a big difference based on the trichs and could probably guess a good washer from a good sifter maybe?

From what I've read there are strains - and phenos- that wash much better. "Gritty" frosty buds are meant to be the ones to look for. Humbolt do a quick pre wash test. A filter and a jar of water and check the volume of settled heads gives a good indication of how it will perform compared to others. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

I've just bought some hispar and hopar valley landrace Pakistani from rsc for making hash with

That was partly my plan bagging some Bodhi Pure Land Hashplant and DLA 5.3 but I won't know until I grow them out.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

@ukscroger LOL I'm watching this right now

That looks cool- same method I saw on an HSC video. His osprey washing machine looks like an absolute beast- it's only $28'495 as well.

Edit- it's slightly more- $33'995 if you want a 240V version with a chiller. 

Edited by ukscroger
pricey
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1

27 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

That was partly my plan bagging some Bodhi Pure Land Hashplant and DLA 5.3 but I won't know until I grow them out.

I'm waiting for some reports for Sensi's new LA Sugar- hash plant x wedding cake sounds like a hard hitting combo that'll make good hash and flower. The Bodhi stuff always comes recommendeds. I read he's retiring the hashplant after this season, probably on reddit so I don't know how much truth there is there. 

• Like 2

Blueberry Muffin, Decent amount of trichomes and the terps are very potent 👍

• Like 3

@ukscroger You’re right I can’t see the seed store either. They may have sold out. @Joolz am I being thick in not finding them?

If there are any of them left then the money goes back into the site so they are priced accordingly. 

Edited by Vicfirth12
  • Like 2

@DeltaMelter  I've never seen that technique before in that video, Crazy how people come up with these methods, Looks like a consistent method 👍

• Like 2

I was takling with shop owner and guy told me if i want hash i should go with perfect tree zmootie.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

Anything kush, OG, Chem or the precursors. As far as returns go, stay away from hazes and skunks. They make beautiful hash but fuck all of it

• Like 3

GMO crosses won’t see you wrong and I think there may be some of them in the subbies list.

ill send a few packs of dog biscuits in this week for subs so it’s covered either way. 

Edited by Vicfirth12
  • Like 3