Stupid Question Regarding Additives Other Than Nutes

Boojum

3 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

Are you using the Vitalink one? Might have to invest in some and drop the Foundation next time as its just too expensive.

It is the Vitalink one, but its just Fulvic Acid as far as i know, not sure it does the root stimulant on its own tho. I still use a separate root stimulant as well so it's hard for me to tell 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KC said:

Somebody in another thread told me we all have the same sun.

The further away from the equator line you are the more land surface the sun's photons have to spread because of the curve of the surface, this means less sun power the further away you go from the equator line.

This is something UK outdoor growers don't take into consideration when comparing indoor to outdoor, UK outdoor has the lower sun light power, where indoor growers(with decent lights kits) have closer to the equator line level intensity.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KC said:

Anyway back on topic-might have to give silicon a try, at least in veg. Not sure I want it in my flowers :unsure:

It works great, but it's not something that gets used up by the plant it kinda just stores it in its cell tissue, it short it doesn't go anywhere so what ever amount of it you put in will be there still at harvest.

I've used it a lot of times and experimented with different ways to use its added strengthening, but I now think I prefer without it.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Cheers for the replies folks :) I'll look into Fulvic acid and it seems like switching the Biobizz grow for fishmix when my current bottle runs out is something to consider. Don't think I'll bother with silicon, don't really need any additional strength in the structure of the plants, autos don't get particularly big so seems unnecessary for me.

Thanks folks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boojum said:

switching the Biobizz grow for fishmix when my current bottle runs out is something to consider.

I keep both in stock and sometimes even alternate between them. The fish mix is stronger and you need to be more cautious with it than the grow, go easy on it to start with until you get a feel for it.

• Like 2

The only additive I use other than seaweed is a banana tea. Just chop up some banana skins into 2cm-ish chunks, steep in a jar of water for a couple of days then strain (most of, I'm not particular) the chunks out and keep in a jar in the fridge. It can be quite strong though, so I drop my bloom feed a little when using it.

The main thing I’d add to your list,

would be some Mycorrhizal/Trichoderma powder.

Don’t need expensive canna based stuff,

Q4 rootmore will do the job perfectly well 👍

It’s another thing that helps root development and it can also boost plant health via a symbiotic relationship.

Atb 

☯️

• Like 3

I grow in a peat compo £6 a bag from local garden centre.

Fungi stuff the Q4 shumroom suggested its cheap but does the same job as the expensive ones.

Doff liquid seaweed again cheap and only use it for seeds and seedlings.

Then i use Flower Power till i chop.

Its usually about £30 for a 1.5kg tub.

1 scoop in 5L of water and pour.

I have been using it since last year indoor and out i really can't fault the stuff.

It even corrects my shitty soft water had to use cal/mag with intense and biobizz in fact apart from the liquid seaweed i ditched all the bottles.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Don’t need expensive canna based stuff,

It doesn't need to be a cannabis specific product but it does need to be the correct species, there are many types of mycorrhizal fungi and you need to match them to the plant species you're growing.

I believe Rhizophagus irregularis is the one that works with cannabis, previously known as Glomus intraradices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizophagus_irregularis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Mycorrhizal/Trichoderma powder

I always use this stuff when potting up, great stuff 👍

I got both TNC and Intense Nutrients versions

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I got both TNC and Intense Nutrients versions

The IN page doesn't say which species they use, the TNC one does and it's many different types, 15 or something, but my understanding is the fungi all compete with each other so the ones that don't benefit cannabis might be doing more harm than good.

• Like 1

@latigid aikon  While that maybe very true, the roots seem better with it than without 👍

Edited by Military Grade
Spelling
  • Like 1