Stupid Question Regarding Additives Other Than Nutes

Boojum

I recentl switched from using any old compost to using Plant Magic Plus, and I've seen big improvements. Also started using Root Juice, and again I saw improvements. Other than that I just use empsom salts and Biobizz grow & bloom. Are any other additives (all the 'top max' stuff and countless other shit) actually worth using, or is it all just snake oil ?

• Like 2

Fulvic Acid is good for nute uptake at a wider Ph, it also allows you to used less nutes due to its better uptake.

Seaweed extract is another one

And FishMix for veg instead of grow

• Like 6

The list that's worth buying is much much shorter than the list that isn't. Too many to mention. 

Great soil though. Sadly I've had to change recently but PM Plus was my go to for as long as I can remember.

Some silicone products are worth the few quid they cost. I really like canna cure, its not cheap but it seems to work well at keeping bugs away for me, once a week spray and done. 

But for me I tend to stick to the basic grow, bloom and root products. Canna Boost is the best boost product I've ever used but its so pricy I leave it be nowadays. 

• Like 2

What @Military Grade said, I've tried a few brands and Shropshire Seaweed is the one to get if you can - can't fault the stuff great as a foliar and a feed additive.

• Like 3

+1 on the silica. Plants look great just use less that the recommended dose, and probably ease back or stop in flower. 

• Like 4

best budget additive is some black strap mollasses insulphured, i put a tablespoon to 2 litres of water, best bet is sticking spoon in a cupo, boiling water to get it off the spoon , mixi it up and add to the watering can of water.

it gets the microherd going

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Fulvic Acid is good for nute uptake at a wider Ph, it also allows you to used less nutes due to its better uptake.

Seaweed extract is another one

I think root juice (and other root stims) are basically fulvic acid and seaweed extract combined.

• Like 2

It's good to have a good dosage of it 👍

I don't notice the change in nute uptake when using root stimulates like i do when giving them Fulvic Acid separately.

I was getting away with just 1ml grow or bloom for the whole cycle when using Fulvic acid last grow, my IN Foundation doesn't have the same effect possibly due to lower content 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

I run out of root juice a couple of grows ago, been using seaweed extract and mycorrhizal fungi on first pot up and if anything I've noticed faster root development. mycorrhizal can get from garden centre for half the price of canna specific ones

• Like 2

I found the boost didn't really do much, ran canna, vitalink and advanced nutrients (guy in shop said Advanced us identical to canna but much cheaper)

these days I just use a bit of extra pk during peak flower and silica (on top of the regular a and b and Root tonic)

To be fair with a decent compost BioBizz G&B are pretty much bullet proof, I personally wouldn't bother with Topmax I never noticed a particular improvement. I've switched to Emerald Harvest nutrients since going Coir.

• Like 1

I've heard topmax negatively affects flavour so definitely wouldn't drop £ on it. Heard some ok reviews on their bio heaven but for the price I'd look into alternatives. Possibly black strap mollases but not sure that's a like for like switch

• Like 2

Let's be honest there are a million items aimed at cannabis growers but the majority of them are complete shit.

For my last few indoor grows in the U.K. I used the complete Biobizz range and came to the conclusion that it's simply not worth it.

I now only use Fish-Mix and Bloom and I'm growing the best weed I've ever grown, admittedly the Spanish sun may have something to do with that.

I also used Plagron's Supermix as a soil amendment this year, I believe improving your medium at the start of the grow is just as important as the food you're using.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Military Grade said:

giving them Fulvic Acid separately.

Are you using the Vitalink one? Might have to invest in some and drop the Foundation next time as its just too expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pepe Ramon said:

admittedly the Spanish sun

Somebody in another thread told me we all have the same sun. I'm with you though, the one you got in Spain is definitely hotter than our English one :yes:

Anyway back on topic-might have to give silicon a try, at least in veg. Not sure I want it in my flowers :unsure:

• Haha 3