Are RVK fans more powerful than AC infinity ones?

screrg

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

plastic wrap on your filter ?

My thoughts as well, never heard of anyone taking the dust cover off the filter,

certainly doesn't reduce airflow.

I use a 5" rvk in the fridge grow controlled by an smscom hybrid mk2 turned

right down between 1 and 2, works perfectly with no noise.

AC infinity 6" in the flower room, GAS controller never goes over 30%, silent.

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

@DeltaMelter yeah I should've stated that it can get neg pressure at 1, was on 3 when I posted with a melted head. I also run it so it's pulling neg pressure from the cupboard, so I have 3 bits of 4" passive ducting.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, stu914 said:

My thoughts as well, never heard of anyone taking the dust cover off the filter,

certainly doesn't reduce airflow.

I use a 5" rvk in the fridge grow controlled by an smscom hybrid mk2 turned

right down between 1 and 2, works perfectly with no noise.

AC infinity 6" in the flower room, GAS controller never goes over 30%, silent.

:oldtoker:

I love AC fans & think they're a bang up company as well. I've got the oscillating fan & extraction (set to 1) on atm & the only thing I can hear is the pc fan blowing on the light.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gsyrup said:

Thats a bit misleading isn't it? The issue is you weren't using the right control gear, not that the fan isn't fit for purpose/dangerous.

The issue was I didn't know any better at the time and I'll bet some people reading this might be doing exactly that right now so I wanted to make it clear that it was wrong and you shouldn't do it. I thought I worded it clearly. I'm not saying RVK fans aren't safe.

Plus AFAIK the RVK fans can't (or aren't supposed to) run below 30% (or can they?) The AC Infinity fans are fine doing that with the controller out of the box with no issue.

I get your point though.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 2

On 31/08/2024 at 12:03, sweettooth said:

@screrg you mean the white fabric dust filter? if so yes, makes no difference to airflow other than it stops the crap being sucked into your filter.

It was a thick fabric cover. I think it may have been deivered in it but can't remember. I assume now that it's for using if storing the filter and not using it to give extra protection from any crap getting into it. I must've assumed that that was the protective covering but had a look in the drawer last night and foun d the proper dust covers. Breathed through them and they're spot on. Will fit it on next grow but gonna have to take it all down when these are done as getting a new boiler fitted as soon as these are finished. Thick cover is pulled down on the filter and dust cover in the foreground.

large.20240901_003728.jpg.f97aa949449c3d30a97f24c14015771f.jpg

AC infinity stuff has been class and now have the filter, extract, monkey fan and humidifier. Loving the controller and being able to check how they are on me phone. Every day's a school day so I'm happy to have decent airflow now as they move into second half of flower.

• Like 3

@screrg  Have a look on the river website for pond filter wool/floss  (obviously get it cheaper in town), you can wrap some around the filer and clip it, it's also handy stuff to have in your grow tools.

Your little experiment has shown just how solid these fans are, can't believe it's still going.

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 4

@Rhubarb & Flustered  I used some pond filter stuff to help light proof my intake vents on my new drobe, Handy stuff indeed mate 👍

Edited by Military Grade
early starts and me don't mix lol
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

@screrg  Have a look on the river website for pond filter wool/floss  (obviously get it cheaper in town), you can wrap some around the filer and clip it, it's also handy stuff to have in your grow tools.

Your little experiment has shown just how solid these fans are, can't believe it's still going.

Aye, will have taken years off it I'd've thought. Still purring like a well oiled machine atm. When is the most important time for plenty of air flow and fresh air being pulled through for the plants? Think I remember reading it was the second half of flower.

• Like 2