QWet Golden Dragon Tincture

Amnesialocal

Hi all,

Summer it's a fantastic time to experiment in my opinion.

I was looking for this alchool since long time. 96%.

We used it to do Limoncello. At least 3 generations of us. But you can do with basil, mind, liquirice, chocolate,rosmary, etc,etc.

large.IMG_20240823_170347.jpg.bdfdd409bee78cb07b20b5732ddf2bb5.jpg

There are more refinated, nice, expensive alcohol base to use. But this is perfect to me.

I was alwasy very interested in tinture and oil extraction and i thought to try a quick cold extraction.

QWet or Golden Dragon Tincture.

Here what I did.

Creating a Golden Dragon cannabis tincture using the QWET (Quick Wash Ethanol) method involves using high-proof alcohol (96%) to extract cannabinoids and terpenes from cannabis. Below is a detailed recipe:

Ingredients and Materials:
- 14 grams (or desired amount) of high-quality cannabis flower or trim ( in my case 2gr of AVB)
- 200-300 ml of 96% ethanol (high-proof alcohol) ( in my case 30ml approximately)
- Mason jars (preferably dark glass or store in a dark place)
- Coffee filters or fine mesh strainer
- Glass dropper bottles for storage
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Freezer
- Gloves (optional, but recommended) Instructions:

1. Decarboxylate the Cannabis:
   - Why: Decarboxylation is a process that activates the THC or CBD in cannabis.
   - How:
     1. Preheat your oven to 110-120°C (230-250°F).
     2. Break the cannabis into small pieces and spread evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
     3. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The cannabis should be light brown and dry.
     4. Let it cool completely.

2. Freeze the Cannabis and Alcohol

NOTE: I used AVB sp no need for this step

large.IMG_20240826_135748.jpg.a88721f05ef35347e3562895425cb836.jpg

- Why:Freezing both the cannabis and alcohol helps to minimize the extraction of chlorophyll, which can make the tincture taste grassy.
   - How:
     1. Place the decarboxylated cannabis and the ethanol in separate airtight containers or mason jars.
     2. Put them in the freezer for at least 24 hours.

3. First Wash:
   - How:
     1. After 24 hours, remove the cannabis and ethanol from the freezer.
     2. Pour enough cold ethanol over the cannabis in a mason jar to fully submerge it.
     3. Close the jar tightly and shake vigorously for 1-3 minutes.
     4. Immediately strain the mixture through a coffee filter or fine mesh strainer into another jar or container.
     5. Set aside the filtered liquid (this is your tincture) and repeat with a second wash if desired (optional).

4.Second Wash (Optional):
   How:
     1. Pour more cold ethanol over the cannabis in the jar.
     2. Shake for another 1-3 minutes.
     3. Strain as before and combine this liquid with the first wash.

large.IMG_20240827_144007.jpg.15cbf5275a3283560ca58303bbfaaf49.jpg

large.IMG_20240827_144328.jpg.ba07150f8fb02e9800d3944e2a3be26c.jpg

large.IMG_20240827_144959.jpg.3f9726131860de135de6daaa6158ec6b.jpg

5. Evaporate Some Alcohol (Optional):
   - Why:This step is optional but can be done to concentrate the tincture.
   - How:
     1. Leave the jar open in a well-ventilated area (do not use heat or an open flame) until some of the alcohol evaporates and the tincture reaches your desired potency.
     2. Alternatively, use a fan to speed up the process. Ensure you are in a well-ventilated space to avoid inhaling alcohol fumes.

6. Bottle and Store:

1. Once you’ve achieved the desired potency, transfer the tincture into dark glass dropper bottles for storage.
     2. Store in a cool, dark place. The tincture will last for several months, potentially longer.

Usage:
- Start with a low dose, especially if you're unfamiliar with the potency. 0.5ml not evaporated or 1-2 drops under the tongue is a good starting point. Effects can be felt within 15-45 minutes.

I will back with some experience results soon.

• Like 4

Excellent job of documenting your process :thumsup:

I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are on the final product :) 

Atb

☯️

• Thanks 1

I thought you was meant to leave it  for a few weeks when doing it that way :unsure: I watched a tube video on it a few years back. 

I use the heating method in the magic butter machine and the minimum is 4 hours that way, I assume the heating process is too speed it up. 

Hope it works anyway :stoned:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Excellent job of documenting your process :thumsup:

I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are on the final product :) 

Atb

☯️

Many thanks!! Very much appreciated your support and soul.

Not an expert just trying to learn.

Starting highlighting that due to AVB probably won't be so heavy/strong as expected. But it's just an experiment to learn how to extract it and use everythig .

I am on holiday ( Finally) for 5 days...rushing a test.

Looking forward to learn first. And maybe to try with some seedstockers amazing genetics when learnt fully the process.

Very keen to try seedstockers genetics anyway.

I will try 0.5ml tonight as it is and leaving for evaporation/concentrations over 12 hr and another try tomorrow.

Beach and extraction sounds interesting.

I will also try Negroni + golden dragon cocktail 1ml added to rhe cocktail?!?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KC said:

I thought you was meant to leave it  for a few weeks when doing it that way :unsure:

Not sure! ( Never sure about anything, except my unsurness) but I thought this was "green dragon".

Limoncello style is "months" ( 3-6?)under alchool before extraction ( green dragon style).

As I have used AVB of the first 2.5 days but i have still other 2.5daysof AVB  I was thinking to leave a second extravtion ( Green dragon)... 9-12 months unders alchool.

I use to visit those relative ones per year.

I guess they won't mind to keep it stored for me 12 months....

Next year I can tell you if you wont:)

• Like 1

I know its a waste but you can evaporate off all the alcohol to get a concentrate that you can weigh/measure to find out how strong your AVB is 

Then when you add alcohol back to the concentrate you'll know how strong the mix is 

You don't need to do this if you've kept it cold enough through out or if you're eating it, really but :) 

If you place the ethanol solution in the freezer for at least 4 hours (24 is preferable) the waxes and lipids will congeal and can be filtered out 

And 

I'm gonna purge my AVB with cold water next time I do this :)

As I've heard that you can just put it in a container and keep changing the water every few hours until it clears up, and dry the AVB again, to clean it up. 

• Thanks 1

I did this earlier this year but I left it to evaporate and totally forgot about it. I just have a very dark texture glued to the bottom of the mason jar, I was tempted to chuck some more alcohol in to liquify it because I can't get at it to scrape it and put it in the vape. I even bought some small dropper bottles to put it in but I was never fully satisfied it did anything when I tried it.

On 28/08/2024 at 16:53, mystic_roots said:

I did this earlier this year but I left it to evaporate and totally forgot about it. I just have a very dark texture glued to the bottom of the mason jar, I was tempted to chuck some more alcohol in to liquify it because I can't get at it to scrape it and put it in the vape. I even bought some small dropper bottles to put it in but I was never fully satisfied it did anything when I tried it.

Not sure i fully understood.

Whatd did you do at the end?

Fully evaporation is an option...resin, oil style.

@Shumroom I am promise i will provide a full review. I will update the thread with other experiments as soon as back home.

Cureently reducing and testing the effect while evaporating.

Very hot here (35C). I guess it evaporated almost 40-50% during one day.

First day, without reduction I tried 0.5ml sublingual  and after 1 hour 1ml in cocktail.

Mild effect, as smoking a joint, but still not bad.

If we considering we are talking about AVB...why not re-using everything we have.

As conplement cocktail I am suggesting the following otrageous recipe called Lilibet:

Old bakery gin 56%

Fever tree

Grapefruit

Basil

1ml Golden Dragon Tincture

large.IMG_20240830_125658.jpg.31dfb41217210a52891d12ad4b16ea17.jpg

large.IMG_20240830_125715.jpg.abd8955bc46135c9fa018fc7d226497e.jpg

Second day:

The colour become darker.

Oxidation will say someone....evaporation others.

0.5ml sublingual is still burning as hell.

1ml in coctail is better ( but i need to stop drinking alchool)

large.IMG_20240830_125757.jpg.24d6ff7632c5ffeff45b1c54d065dc8b.jpg

Secon day recipe complement:

Spritz with loooot of campari!

large.IMG_20240830_125740.jpg.c3bc7ec1744a4756fe58f84026af36e0.jpg

1 day left and I will leave this place.

I will give away to the local community the rest.

Spreading UK420 Culture around the world!

To be continue

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amnesialocal said:

Not sure i fully understood.

Whatd did you do at the end?

Fully evaporation is an option...resin, oil style.

Because I forgot about it all the alcohol evaporated and I guess it’s left behind an oily residue on the bottom. I’ll try and get a knife and get as much of it out and give it a smoke, mine was done with AVB but I usually vape max of 230 on the desktop and 180 on the tiny might so it’s a right mix of various bud. 

May try in the future again as you’ve made it look easy! I’ll definitely refer to this topic next time though lol 

Edited by mystic_roots
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2024 at 18:50, Hippie on hill said:

And 

I'm gonna purge my AVB with cold water next time I do this :)

As I've heard that you can just put it in a container and keep changing the water every few hours until it clears up, and dry the AVB again, to clean it up. 

Would be interested in your results doing this.

I regularly create a tincture using my avb/abv which helps with sleeping.

Last batch I used the water purge to try to reduce the ghastly taste. Made zero difference to the taste. Did reduce the eventual output (so I assume something was removed) but the taste was not improved (was just as effective though).

On 27/08/2024 at 15:41, KC said:

I thought you was meant to leave it  for a few weeks when doing it that way :unsure: I watched a tube video on it a few years back. 

What you are describing is 'green dragon' whereby you steep for extended period with no freezing to potentially extract more/broader spectrum.

Qwet (quick wash) is sometimes called 'golden dragon' due to lighter colour is the process op is describing. The aim is to minimise the extraction of fats/lipids and Chlorophyll. Hence the reduced solvent exposure. 

• Like 3

Country you are Alchool you find.

Grade food 95 or 96.6% alchool for extraction, which sound as a scientific/ laboratoryistic procedure.

Also the bottle itself in plastic ( which is perfectly ok) give me a feeling of need glass protectors and gloves:)

But the products seems very good, just double expensive than the previous one.

large.IMG_20240908_221753.jpg.b7c5a0398e3ed67fdab13d4f2d53eee6.jpg

I have 20gr of Oldtimer1 B line F2 small buds and low brances decarboxylated ready for the extraction.

I guess a Green Dragon extraction could be also an experiment to try.

Also other 20gr of AVB to play with.

I have to say that I love more and more AVB and vaping...AVB express the difference with smoking. The sustainable nature of re-using.

Do you make oil and butter with the hash of your joints/blunt/spliff?

• Like 1

First wash

10gr buds full + 50ml ethanol

Hacking Strowberry Jam and good cannabis

I will do a second wash with the same batch...experimenting.

Linen filter

large.IMG_20240913_113939.jpg.86e2f85037dd7af236f91a34a5f0993f.jpg

Gold-ish colour:

Ready for evaporation and reduction

large.IMG_20240913_113923.jpg.c48e7d1f65a92bcaa62b78170789e167.jpg

Frenchy Cannoli would define it as a distillation and/or isolation extraction process.

75% reduction to start with.

Some sip into coctail... it's Friday isnt?

• Like 1